Page 88 of 343 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 6849
    GFI are 2+ on every weather except for blizzard, which is 3+. I do believe you were a bit unlucky this match, like the Ogre getting bone head when I did the kick-off, the loner RR failures, and the dodges failing only when it mattered most. Good luck for the rest of the season.
    Can any admin kindly validate the match so I can get my team ready for the next game? I might have to buy a player before I forget and play the next match with 10.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Mad dave(div c) has been away for 3 days, does anyone know an alternatative way to contact him? Email etc
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusibeta View Post
    (Oh, and I spent my Apoth healing that first turn death. He converted it into a -1 ST injury, rendering the player fairly useless. Fun!)
    Ha, yeah, that happens a lot. (I once got called a harsh coach for selecting death.)

Well it was an elf with guard getting -AG (making it what any other team would consider a good player), apo'd to death, choose death. That said I'm not complaining, the zombie has been something of a minor star for Tooth and Claw ever since - 34 matches, 5 MVPs, 1 completion (don't ask), 2 casualties, block, fend, 10 injuries and 12 KOs but nothing lasting. What a guy.

Elves with guard need to be mobile. With 3 ag he wouldn't really be able to move around as much as needed. Also considering the bloat of a double on a sub par player and the base cost being higher for elves... I'd do the same thing.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Rotekian and I just fought a very close match between the Black Bombers and the Ball Curse. Once again, however, the goblins was robbed, although it came excruciatingly close to a draw in the last couple of turns. 3-2 in the end, one dead elf, one broken elf (courtesy of the fanatic and a gang foul respectively). I managed to get one 1TTMTD in, so I was happy about that, and we also got to witness a goblin interception (not even the pogoer).

Anyway, if an admin could validate this DIV J match, we'd appreciate it. Well played Rotekian.

Network Hub
    The Ball Curse 3 - 2 Black Bombers

A painful game for the Ball Curse despite ultimately managing to out score the Bombers. The apocrathy came in early to save the Assassin from a potentially career ending injury, only for a lineman to die immedately afterwards. As the assassin picked up another injury later on this didn't turn out for the best. Other than that the injuries where surprisingly light for the dark elves with the two trolls not choosing to contribute on the hitting side of things.

The Ball Curse were up 3 - 1 near the end of the game when a coaching error saw them stack up on the left hand side after the kick. The goblins handed off their reception to a nearby doom diver and the troll sent him down field where he landed miraculously on his feet for a one turn score. The dark elves tried for a risky play that left the ball grounded and in range. Despite retrieving the ball the goblins weren't able to complete another touchdown in time and that was that.

----
    Now I need a kindly admin to verify the match so I can buy a replacement player before the next one.

Division N
    Ethelred vs Havocc 1-2

Elves in the grind eh? Started well with a feint to the right which left a gap that my newly purchased runner could exploit, scoring quite early on on a GFI as there were an uncomfortable number of Orcs closing in.

Feeling a lack of a kicker as on the restart the ball went straight to an Orc blitzer as it went OOP. The Orcs then slowly made their way up the pitch, finally bashing a hole and running through. Due to some excellent dodges I was able to tackle and nearly corner the Orc blitzer, but on the next (and last turn of the half) Orc turn there was some great Orcish dodging and a short pass through to an Orc blitzer (i think) who had made the endzone. Half ended 1-1.

After the restart the ball was secured away from the LOS by an Orc thrower and then:-

Mistake 1 - I sent the runner speculatively up the field to tackle him - obviously he was KO'd the next turn by an Orc blitz.

Delf casualties started to mount on the LOS so then:-

Mistake 2 - the thrower was unmarked to the back and one of my Blitzers could get him if he managed a 3+ dodge first. Instead of covering the flank before I made this "risky" move, I dodged first, failing with no re-rolls left.

The flank is now wide open and the Orcish thrower trots down the line, running down the clock to score 1-2. Wounder.

Didn't even manage to break armour in a turn 14, +3 assist foul on the scoring blitzer from the first half.

Bad times but No One Died.

Danke for the game Havocc!

Thanks for the game and the summary :)

When is the end of this game week? AGP hasn't been online for three days and there has been no response to my post on the group board. I'm going to Krakow Wed-Sun this week so need to get the game played before then. Anyone else got some magics to contact him?

I'll send him a text.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    When is the end of this game week? AGP hasn't been online for three days and there has been no response to my post on the group board. I'm going to Krakow Wed-Sun this week so need to get the game played before then. Anyone else got some magics to contact him?
    I posted a reply in the group board 2 days ago. Guess I should get an avatar picture to make myself more noticeable ;) Anyway, it explains that either Monday or Tuesday evening is fine with me, so we should be able to play before your away.

Jeez - seems an imminent holiday makes me incapable of organising a game properly. Have posted a reply on the group

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Division 1
    Web Cole and I fought to a 1-1 game of elf tennis, the ball leapt from one end of the pitch to the other, resulting in a lot of spent rerolls and very little score - 1-1 in the end, a TD in each half.

I can't complain, levelled up my second witch elf (no longer a liability!) and another blitzer (probably about to get Shadowing!). Also I killed Sidewinder dead, muahaha.

Division 1 is ready to be rolled on to Day 2, if a clever admin could sort that out. Cheers!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Division 1
    Web Cole and I fought to a 1-1 game of elf tennis, the ball leapt from one end of the pitch to the other, resulting in a lot of spent rerolls and very little score - 1-1 in the end, a TD in each half.

I can't complain, levelled up my second witch elf (no longer a liability!) and another blitzer (probably about to get Shadowing!). Also I killed Sidewinder dead, muahaha.

Division 1 is ready to be rolled on to Day 2, if a clever admin could sort that out. Cheers!
    I continued the trend of being decent on defence and awful on offence, yay me :p Good game; I laughed, I cried, I screamed "FUCK SHADOWING FUCK" a good half dozen times. It was great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Div I

My orcs inflicted an injury and a kill in the first couple of rounds. Having my new team face some experienced dark elves with skills like dodge certainly gave me pause, but for most of the match it was 11 on 7, with me being able to let the Black Orc offensive line roam freely while an entire second line awaited any dark elf stragglers thinking of breaking through. Very good rolls for me too, rerolls to spare and dodge was nullified by me seemingly getting a high number of xplosion (pow?) block dice.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Alert! Alert! NieA7 I have unexpected visitors, will be along as soon as they can be got rid of, but liable to be a little late.

Ah, Janek and his murder Nurgle... Nope, if you're not on time I'll only accept a forfeit. Just wouldn't be fair any other way.

Wink and I finished our day 1 champs match. 2-1 to my necros over his undead.

The game started off with one of my golems BH a saurus on the first block and it went from there. In the end I managed to injure 5 dudes (nothing permanent) and was always 1-2 players up on the pitch. The d6 were pretty ok for both of us, but my block advantage let me roll on to victory.

Thanks for the match Wink, gl the rest of the season.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I validated a handful of matches; all matches with a result in the spreadsheet should now be validated.