Page 9 of 372 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    Apologies, but sick cat has prevented me from getting the game in. Happy for AgP to get the win, and future games should be no issue.
    I think that a draw would be a fairer result as we both made a genuine attempt to play the game and have both been busy at different times, so couldn't find a suitable window; 0-0 would be the right result.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Groovy initially said there was about a week's potential extension, so if you can get your games in soon I am happy to wait. Will you be able to play in the next couple of days? Otherwise I think we might as well roll on to week 2.
    Edgar got in touch this morning and game is scheduled at 8:30 tonight.

Palindrome check the groups!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgP View Post
    I think that a draw would be a fairer result as we both made a genuine attempt to play the game and have both been busy at different times, so couldn't find a suitable window; 0-0 would be the right result.
    Okey dokes, I'll move it on around 10.30 this evening with the other division, unless you let me know you've managed to schedule a game for today or tomorrow. A draw does seem fairest.

Everybody please schedule your week 2 games; some people have already played week 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Palindrome check the groups!

I didn't realise that we had started :)

JayTee and I just finished our Div. B match with a 1-1 tie. I believe that means we're ready to be rolled on.

Primary things to note about the match are the hilariously ineffectual blocking by both sides through most of the game, and the one solid injury all match long being a -1MV on a level 4 TG, who must now be retired. Ouch.

As I remarked to JayTee during play, Nuffle was feeling whimsical this morning.

Division B

Irrelevant Illnesses (Nurgle - Smaug) vs The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - Me)

1 - 1

I'm too tired to do a proper writeup, it's 3am, but once again my Khemri failed to do much in the way of damage (3 stuns I think all match, one from a failed Dodge and one from a failed GFI) so consequently the game plan of 'Hit things because we can't run, throw, catch or dodge' failed. They also managed to take a KO, 3 injuries (2 regened), and about a bazillion stuns so clearly forgot to wear armour.

A level 4 Tomb Guardian takes a career-ending -MV injury and will get booted and replaced as soon as possible. Joy.

Turns out I really can't roll block dice or armour dice. Definitely time to seriously consider chucking this team in the bin. I know it's just luck of the dice but this is just really annoying.

Smaug had his fair share of piss-poor luck, managing a snake-eyes on a crucial GFI and his Beast spending what seemed to be half the match being Stupid, but he definitely rolled a lot better Block dice in the second half than I did. Stupid blue arrows...
    Last edited by JayTee; 30-12-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Div B moved on to day 3.

The angry reindeers beat Edgars elves 1-0. In related news the reindeer world is in mourning at the untimely death of Blitzen. Rumour has it Rudolph is pissed

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    The angry reindeers beat Edgars elves 1-0. In related news the reindeer world is in mourning at the untimely death of Blitzen. Rumour has it Rudolph is pissed
    Vasodilation from heavy drinking would explain the red nose...

Network Hub
    Last game of Division I Week 2 is played. 2 - 0 to my HElfs, a well fought game from Machination, but the dice seemed biased on my side. Could have been a different game a few times, including a painful moment where I let my thrower get Blitzed but the Ghoul failed the GFIs and injured himself.

Division K week 2

Bad Santas (Pres Weasel) vs Reindeer Games (20Phoenix)

Gathering every dwarf into a huddle in order to foul Rudolph the Red Nosed Minotaur worked well, up to a point. He was fouled off the pitch and out of the game, but the chaos mans shuffled the ball carrier to the edge of the gaggle of dwarfs and then blitzed him down. Even worse, they (not for the first time) showed remarkable elfiness, scooping up the ball and getting away from the dwarfs for a touchdown.

Worse was to follow, with the chaos mans again scoring on my drive (curse their elfy ways!) and going into the dressing room 2-0 up and with them to receive in the second half. The game looked out of reach, but a blitz put it tantalisingly just within reach. It's not the despair that kills you, it's the hope - the ref even moved the clock back a turn after the dwarfs scored, and with a handful of turns left and only 7 chaos against 10 dwarfs the draw looked a possibility. That's how it stayed until the very last turn, with a last, despairing, ag3 blitzer GFI's then picks up in a tackle zone then dodges then does a short pass failing at the GFI part, before we could find out if the legend of the dwarven passing game had any truth to it at all.

For a game involving dwarfs this was surprisingly action packed and enjoyable, so much so that I didn't even mind losing.
    (Although I would have loved to get more BHs instead of all those KOs; think of the SPPs!)

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Division K week 2

Bad Santas (Pres Weasel) vs Reindeer Games (20Phoenix)

Gathering every dwarf into a huddle in order to foul Rudolph the Red Nosed Minotaur worked well, up to a point. He was fouled off the pitch and out of the game, but the chaos mans shuffled the ball carrier to the edge of the gaggle of dwarfs and then blitzed him down. Even worse, they (not for the first time) showed remarkable elfiness, scooping up the ball and getting away from the dwarfs for a touchdown.

Worse was to follow, with the chaos mans again scoring on my drive (curse their elfy ways!) and going into the dressing room 2-0 up and with them to receive in the second half. The game looked out of reach, but a blitz put it tantalisingly just within reach. It's not the despair that kills you, it's the hope - the ref even moved the clock back a turn after the dwarfs scored, and with a handful of turns left and only 7 chaos against 10 dwarfs the draw looked a possibility. That's how it stayed until the very last turn, with a last, despairing, ag3 blitzer GFI's then picks up in a tackle zone then dodges then does a short pass failing at the GFI part, before we could find out if the legend of the dwarven passing game had any truth to it at all.

For a game involving dwarfs this was surprisingly action packed and enjoyable, so much so that I didn't even mind losing.
    (Although I would have loved to get more BHs instead of all those KOs; think of the SPPs!)
    Well summarised. The reindeer had clearly spent their free time between christmas's practicing elfy blood bowl play as they succeeded a string of dodges, pick up's in TZs and the like in the first half. Second half was more like Custers last stand as an ever shrinking band of brave reindeer huddled together for protection from Santas wrath. In the end sticking bodies around the ball worked as it delayed the dwarves just enough to hang on for the win

Division J

Street Sweeping Scrubs (Delusibeta) 0 - 3 Gentlebeasts (mrpier)

Evidently I did something in the past couple of weeks to anger Nuffle, since I got a whole heap of bad dice rolls and got far more ones and twos than the theoretical average. This manifested itself in various ways, including a complete and total inability to pick up the ball, including a sequence in the second half where I fail to pick up the ball four turns on the trot. Nuffle made his presence felt in the kickoffs too, both halves starting with the Gentlebeasts getting an extra turn (and indeed they succeeded in killing one of the Street Sweepers before regulation play began, aided and abetted by my apothacary). I'd freely admit that I don't know much in the way of tactics, and made quite a few newbie errors that mrpier will probably list in detail, but still, if you wind up with one dead, one KO'd and one sent off, it's not going to be an easy time. Replay's up on BBManager for your amusement, and here is the stats:

Frankly, at this rate I might as well reboot my team for next season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusibeta View Post
    Division J

Street Sweeping Scrubs (Delusibeta) 0 - 3 Gentlebeasts (mrpier)

I'd freely admit that I don't know much in the way of tactics, and made quite a few newbie errors that mrpier will probably list in detail,
    Well, yeah you did, but that's ok. List of errors follow :-)

I could probably have been more helpful during the match but I'm always unsure how people will react to advice, and I'm not the fastest typist either so most of the time would have been used up by me typing.

First of all, you absolutely need all four blitzers when starting a human team, catchers can wait. Take a look at bbtactics.com for tips on starting a human team.

Starting formations was ok, but you set up players too close to the sideline giving me a chance to blitz/surf them over the sideline with my frenzy minotaur on every setup.

A little bit better protection of the ball before you try to pick it up, so there's no disaster when your sure hands thrower fail the pick up for the fourth time, of course any coach can get in trouble when that happens. If you think you have the ball somewhat safe consider waiting with picking it up until you have done other safe actions and two dice blocks.

And as I think I mentioned, you dodged way too much, even with elves I wouldn't have attempted all those, at least not as an early action in a round.

Lastly don't be discouraged by some bad luck and rookie mistakes and best of luck to your future bloodbowling :-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    On a mobile, don't dare edit the sheet. My Slay Belles beat Edgar's Mr. P's Wafer Thin Mints 3-0 in division K.

It was an exercise in what happens when you can roll nothing but defender stumbles and you have no tackle vs amazons. Additionally, I surfed both blitzers by turn 3 and they didn't come back until much later.

5 or so other elves got crowd surfed that first half. Some chain blocked others blocked then blitzed, others blitzed then blocked.

Regardless, despite only managing to even knock amazons down on turn 11 due to terrible bloc dice the elves dealt 2 mng (1 apo to bh) and the elves only received 1 mng(caused by a gang foul REPRESENT).

Edgar, please take my and nuffles apologies.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Hi, juuust checking can I join the Division of Death?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwisatz View Post
    Hi, juuust checking can I join the Division of Death?
    How's your baseline liver function?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Anyone know whats happened to Snoozer? Sent him a PM but he hasn't been online for two weeks

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I seem to recall Snoozer did declare questionable internet access while away for the holidays. Even if I'm imagining it it has quite a good chance of being true given the time of year :)