Page 97 of 345 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 6895
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Frenzy is a good pick, but at higher TV it will get him crunched eventually.
    AV7 Elves die you say? Scandalous.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Surprisingly rarely in my experience.

Network Hub
    They stay out of contact a lot of the time (the experience of playing Norse, who are largely AV7 and generally try to be in contact, is rather interesting).

You'd think that, but my ST4 blodge leap catcher jumped himself into a lot of cages with no ill effects.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My point is that with frenzy it's harder keep him out of contact. So he's going to get hit a lot. Better coaches (than me) will set traps for him using DT players etc so even when blitzing he gets stuck in base to base contact, whereupon etc etc death etc.

I personally don't like frenzy for that reason, even though it's brilliant for surfs or on killers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    +AG... I did promise myself that i wouldnt bother with the bloat of AG5, but on top of blodge and sidestep(and catch and NOS from being a catcher) it almost seems rude to refuse it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

That should have been ST4 blodge leap *frenzy* catcher. Surprisingly long-lived. ST4 helps, obviously.

Division N
    DoD Havorcs (Havocc) vs. St Claverts Old Folk (Walrusfacee)
    1-0

Not much to say about the first half. Orcs received, making their way into my half of the pitch until it all turned into one big, bashy blob of orcs and shambling things, who surprisingly stayed on their feet enough to grind the whole thing to a tense halt.

Second half: Receiving, my ghouls continue their tradition of being TOTALLY INCAPABLE of getting hold of the ball, which leads to an orc invasion of my half that sort of resembles a green-skinned Alamo. Things are really not going well for me at this point. The ball spends a few turns on the ground within spitting distance of my endzone, with both of us slapping as many tackle zones on it as we can.
    I manage to get hold and chuck it a short but vital distance, but alas to no avail as Havocc manages to get control and hand it off to an orc that makes his GFI and scores on the last turn. If he falls over and dies at some point in the future, it's karma.

Overall another edge of my seat match, and another great learning experience. If it had just been 0-0, I even would have considered it a moral victory!

So I just picked up my second MA10 gutter.....

Just sayin'

Thanks for the summary.

Equal parts of incompetence and nuffling made it quite an ... interesting ... match :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    That should have been ST4 blodge leap *frenzy* catcher. Surprisingly long-lived. ST4 helps, obviously.
    And anyway, anecdote is not argument young man.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    So, an extremely unlikely 2-2 draw was had in Div J between my gobbos vs Rumpel's pro elves. I'm still too hyped to write a report, but it was chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    So, an extremely unlikely 2-2 draw was had in Div J between my gobbos vs Rumpel's pro elves. I'm still too hyped to write a report, but it was chaos.
    I can't believe you turned that around.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    I can't believe you turned that around.
    Me neither. You missed a successful goblin throw one turner and several other amazeballs events.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    This one time it totally was, for a friend of mine.

Not true, actually. If you're presented with an argument that "all x are y", an anecdote about an x that wasn't y is a perfectly valid counterargument.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Example is not exactly equal to anecdote. Arguing from example is fine in that case, but anecdote is unsupported talk, or even second or third hand unsupported talk.

I guess, but in this case my anecdote is backed by oh-sweet-Nuffle-how-many seasons in the Divisions so really it's more of an example.

Oh man, +ST on a hobgoblin. Can I resist? Should I resist?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Down in Division L my boys of 22 Commando defeated the tricky dark elves of Night of Knife 2-0. Sadly there wasn't much blood - just a couple of BH elves (sorry Mumbles).

Tough game - was very close for a long time. Cheers Alleycat and best of luck in your last game.