Krathor's Let's-Hope-I-Spell-Everything-Right WvWvW Saturday Extravaganza

Hello everyone!

Firstly, a big thanks to everyone who donated to our RPS Commander's Compendium. It cost us 100 gold across the guild but, earlier tonight, we achieved that goal and my Mesmer, Duke Witherheart, was made our first guild commander!

Basically, this enables me to create squads, which serve as bigger parties. More information can be found here. Instead of just 5 of us being restricted to talking in /p, now up to 50 of us can talk together in /squad.

On a personal note, although I didn't think this when I initially accepted the nomination, I understand that commanding can be a huge responsibility and I accept that I am representing the guild to the wider server. In our smaller groups so far I haven't really fucked up at all and I want to keep that record (although tonight I made some strange decisions but anyway...).

This is going to be a lot of fun (as shown by our little initiation ceremony tonight ;D) and is really the next stage in RPS taking WvWvW forward - manlings leading the way!

So, with that in mind, I suggest the first official RPS WvWvW big-scale event kinda thing!

When: Saturday the 22nd of December 2012!

Where: Lion's Arch, main server (overflow is pretty much non-existant on GH at the moment - you may have a few minutes of queue)!

Time: 7PM until around 10PM GMT! For our overseas friends just Google 'current time in GMT' to see what it is in comparison to your country's time.

What you need: The ability to right-click the portrait of 'Duke Witherheart' and 'join squad' on the night - I'll provide all of the siege weapons that we need (rams and golems people). There's no level requirement.

Basically, we're going to walk across Lion's Arch (possibly in beast/tonic form), pick a battleground and then go fudge things up for the new enemies since it's a reset on Friday night. We've been doing this over the last few weeks anyway to great success - the only exception is that this time I can wear a blue hat on my equally blue-coloured character. We'll be ninjaing places, taking Quaggan camps, unwrapping presents and building golems. Oh, I'll also run some portals through the jumping puzzles too. People from within the wider community will be making an appearance.

Furthermore, if you're new to WvWvW (or you've never touched it before) and want a way to get into it - then I think this would be an ideal way to join in and see what you've been missing.

I'll be playing all this week at random intervals but I think this Saturday could be a good opportunity to have a proper shot at securing RPS' name in the server's list of prominent WvWvW guilds.

I do suggest that, if you haven't already, take a look at registering at our server's official forums, which can be found here. This way you'll have access to the community's Mumble server and you can join in on the banter.

Pop any questions below. It's quite late at night so no doubt I've made an error somewhere above. ;D

Look forward to seeing you all Saturday!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

This sounds like THE opportunity to play some WvW. Fantastic, hope I can make it! Also, congratulaitons, all hail the commander etc.

Count me in. Sounds fun

Yay Krathor! Congratulations! This sounds like a brilliant idea, hopefully even more RPS people will join the WvWvW fun. Events like these make it really easy to learn the basics, so if someone's still on the fence about giving this mode a try, make sure to join.

Sadly I cannot join you myself, since I am away from Friday onwards until the 29th, but I'll check the forums for reports of your exploits.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    This sounds great! Sadly I am also away from Friday until the 29th (suspicious, eh?) but I hope it goes well!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Congratulations Krathor! I'll try to follow your orders and not the zerg! :P

I've just registered in Gunnar's Hold forum. I think I need some kind of approval to access wvw channels.

I'm Winston Moriarty.

Request accepted, hal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Oh I wish I could join in for this, but I'm away from this weekend for the holidays.

Have a great time all! Take screenshots

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Sounds great and hopefully I'll be able to join in

edit: And I also just registered and requested to join the RPS group over at the community forums, same username as here.
    Last edited by Skalpadda; 18-12-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Network Hub
    Congrats on the blue top. I think I'm around on Saturday for the getting involved.

I strongly recommend anyone interested in trying WvW out to have a go sometime with an RPS group as the basics are easy to learn and it's loads of fun. Plus we're bringing the infinite word of Horace to the masses via the medium of violence, which is as it should be.

Congrats good sir, I shall endeavor to join you!

Hurrah! It'll be good to have you with us Timofee.

Is there any chance you could update our guild message of the day for the event?

Cheers!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Activated Node
    This is going to be great. Count me in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    gutted, I'll be on a train; but if I can make it home before the whole party breaks up then I'll join in for the last bit.

Not to worry Hawks; I have no doubt that it will be ongoing way past 10PM. :P
    Guild Wars 2:

Cross-posted to the community forums.

I'm going to throw in quite a lot of transformation tonics into the lowest vault in the bank before Saturday. If you can't take them out, please give me a shout and I'll message you some manually.
    Guild Wars 2:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Just wanted to say thanks for setting this up and thanks to everyone who joined in. Was the first time I've had a proper stab at WvW and it was great fun. Hope we'll see more of this sort of thing in the future.

Thanks for the run last night Krathor was a lot of fun. Hope to see you all in WvW again soon.

Cheers folks*. I'll be holding another event like this after the festive period I think. Thank you all for coming and I hope you enjoyed yourselves. Of course I'll be on and off throughout the next week or so, but unfortunately I'm still having to work Thursday and Friday!

*Or 'fucks' as I accidentally put in /g earlier in the week. :P
    Guild Wars 2: