Hugh Grant should have been in LA Noire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14052690

I've got a newfound respect for this guy - well, actually he has decent taste in prostitutes, too (I kid)- but this little interview with the guy made me think of him as quite a sleuth even though realistically he only recorded a loaded conversation.

Love that last line. McMullan himself probably wouldn't have been out of place in LA Noire either, he's practically a living, breathing (and squirming) caricature of a tabloid hack.

The original transcript in the New Statesman is well worth a read too, if you haven't already.

And in extremely tangentially related news, Lewie P is now internet famous: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/blog...andal#block-93
    Congrats, that man.

Lewie da man.

Oh, nice one Lewie, bargain-master AND domain name don!

Banned
    Personally enjoying the hell out of all this NoW fallout. I think it's quite interesting that Cameron seems to be more than happy to throw anyone under the train at this point (including Digger junior it seems) in order to wash his hands of any association with NI. Given the immense resources still available to Murdoch, that seems to be a particularly bold move on his part. I doubt he'll be getting a Christmas card from Mr M this year for sure. Odds of the BSkyB merger going through anytime soon are probably zilch now.

All they did was hack a few phones and pay off a few bent coppers. A price worth paying for the fake Sheikh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I think the bent coppers are more of a story to be honest, I'm a bit sick of all the "he hired a minister that later found out to have shady dealings" thing. The bent coppers again like most of these things is not the issue the news is focusing on which kind of pisses me off a little bit. Thats the real scandal!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I think the bent coppers are more of a story to be honest, I'm a bit sick of all the "he hired a minister that later found out to have shady dealings" thing. The bent coppers again like most of these things is not the issue the news is focusing on which kind of pisses me off a little bit. Thats the real scandal!
    I'm fairly sure the fallout will drag out the 'bent coppers' at some point, but that's small beer Vs the bigger issue of News internationals conduct with regard to the phone hacking as well as the NotW attempts to cover up their activities.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14052690

I've got a newfound respect for this guy - well, actually he has decent taste in prostitutes, too (I kid)- but this little interview with the guy made me think of him as quite a sleuth even though realistically he only recorded a loaded conversation.
    "You know, you should try real journalism, because you're not an idiot Paul, you could probably do it"

Amazing :)

Edit: The whole thing stinks to high hell, but it's not very surprising.. British newspapers will one day be on a par with their Italian counterparts... Fuck these sycophantic politicians, fuck these sniveling "journalists" and fuck the general public who lap it up. YOU FACKING LOVE IT.

Edit 2: And Fuck You Rupert Murdoch.
    Last edited by Donjo; 09-07-2011 at 07:52 PM.

This is recent then? I thought Hugh Grant had been fucked around with for ages now..

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    All they did was hack a few phones and pay off a few bent coppers. A price worth paying for the fake Sheikh.
    I read "..and off a few bent coppers."

Quote Originally Posted by Man Raised By Puffins View Post
    And in extremely tangentially related news, Lewie P is now internet famous: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/blog...andal#block-93
    Congrats, that man.
    Just doing my bit.

Obscure Node
    I've got a newfound respect for this guy