Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    That $40 thing is the 4-pack. It's a Steam glitch that happens a lot. Not just there.
    Ah, that's impossible to tell from the linked page but it appears on further investigation that you're right. OK then, it's still questionable to be listing separate prices for them at all, being as you literally can't own 1 without getting 2 for free, but at least it's less egregious than I'd originally thought.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Vegas 2 was great in co-op at highest difficulty (despite the boss-fight being what it is) and when playing terrorist hunt, so if you can pick that up cheap-o it's a great deal IMO.

As Rainbow Six game Vegas 2 sucks.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Same with Vegas 1, but they're still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Well. Portal 2 sucks big time as a Tower Defense game. Because it isn't one.

I just bought RSV2 for me and a friend, and I believe it'll be fun.

Yeah, no doubt that as Rainbow Six games they weren't great, but as games they were great fun. Kinda strange thinking about it like that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    No it doesn't, it was awesome and amazing with a co-op buddy.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    For those not sure if they should ever get Mirrors Edge one of the billion times it's discounted... http://youtu.be/cOL1p2FK_-A
    And FWIW I recommend it heartily!

Love staring at loading screens instead of playing games? this is your game! The ugly checkpointing is hardly the best, but good enough that you will be replaying through the same 2 minute sequence only to die once again and go back to the cutscene you can't skip and do it all over again.

It's also technically flawless, with FPS rate reliably dropping in the single digits range on your AMD card every time there's broken glass. But don't worry, there's a <cough>fix of that and it doesn't involve eating glass shards.

Support some starving artists at EA and Dice (you might be aware of this but Sweden is actually a third world country) by buying a half broken, unsupported game featuring terribad design choices and missing content.

You can be pretty much sure for the measly sum, there is absolutely no indie game that is vastly more deserving of your attention than this on the whole of Steam.

At this time, my choice would be Lone Survivor. If you don't have it yet, don't think twice about it. It was even featured in the advent calendar so you don't have to trust my judgment.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    No it doesn't, it was awesome and amazing with a co-op buddy.
    No... You misunderstand, 'Rainbow Six' used to mean something, the 'Vegas' betrayed that, to a lesser extent Conviction betrayed Splinter Cell.

Rainbow Six involved planning suppression and Flanking. Vegas (1&2) is a very good game, but it's not really got much in common with its legacy.

Btw, my beef with advanced war fighter was its teammate ai, I'm sure it'd be a fine coop game.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Oh then i agree,AI was terrible lol and how nice of you to understand why i always whine about new Tom Clancy games :3
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Btw, my beef with advanced war fighter was its teammate ai, I'm sure it'd be a fine coop game.
    It's actually deeply problematic in co-op, if you don't have four players. GRAW 1 will let you have bots in co-op for its campaign, but not for any other mode. GRAW 2 won't let you have bots in co-op period, not even for the campaign.

Network Hub
    Am I the only one who's only seeing 5 deals today? Maybe they just havent completely updated everything.

So, out of the deals currently going, I'm considering Chivalry. Looks very interesting, and the price seems decent. Any opinions on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Am I the only one who's only seeing 5 deals today? Maybe they just havent completely updated everything.
    These are the six I'm seeing: Chivalry -50%, Carrier Command -42(ha-ha)%, Portal Franchise -75%, Anno 2070 -60%, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -75%, Saint Row The Third -75%
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Network Hub
    I have six (SR3, Portal, Anno 2070, Super Street Fighter IV, Carrier Command and Chivalry.

I think I want only FTL from this sale so I just hope it'll be dirty cheap real quick so I can snatch it and get frustrated by it :)

EDIT: Ninja'd and also, Carrier Command is -50% off here in Tier 2 EU

Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    EDIT: Ninja'd and also, Carrier Command is -50% off here in Tier 2 EU
    Looks like 42% was a mistake, now showing 50% off for me too (I am EU2 as well)

How are Carrier Command and Chivalry? I was looking at CC and my brother wants me to pick up Chivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    No... You misunderstand, 'Rainbow Six' used to mean something, the 'Vegas' betrayed that, to a lesser extent Conviction betrayed Splinter Cell.

Rainbow Six involved planning suppression and Flanking. Vegas (1&2) is a very good game, but it's not really got much in common with its legacy.

Wouldn't know honestly since I've never really played previous titles but you still could use a fair amount of tactics in the Vegas games.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    How are Carrier Command and Chivalry? I was looking at CC and my brother wants me to pick up Chivalry.
    Stay away from Carrier Command, it's terrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Vegas is much different to the previous games, there's not even a planning mode.

Chivalry is good though, if you have any interest in first person sword games it's well worth a look. I'm considering Anno 2070, anyone know if it's been cheaper than that?

Not that I've seen, and this might be the first time the Deep Ocean expansion has gone on sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    It's actually deeply problematic in co-op, if you don't have four players. GRAW 1 will let you have bots in co-op for its campaign, but not for any other mode. GRAW 2 won't let you have bots in co-op period, not even for the campaign.
    Wasn't GRAW the First also the game that ended your co-op mission when the team leader (LAN host) died? That was extremely annoying for my group.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR