Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    The "Celebrate the Games They Missed" thread had a bit of back and forth about Spec Ops. Personally I think it was one of the best games of 2012, but it's undeniably flawed, brings nothing new to the table in terms of mechanics, and you need to give it 2 or 3 hours to let it unravel properly. Certainly not for everyone, but I'd say it's more than worth the price.

Just saw that Mark of the Ninja for 50% off is one of the community vote options.

So this is me asking you to please go vote for it.

Network Hub
    Just voted for it, to support the devs for that brilliant game. If it gets on community choice (or if its featured later as a daily/flash deal) and you havent played it ​go buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Just voted for it, to support the devs for that brilliant game. If it gets on community choice (or if its featured later as a daily/flash deal) and you havent played it ​go buy it.
    :39: Reaaaallly? Its on my wishlist and I do want it but I am willing to wait for a bigger drop.

My god I sound like a twat, $7.50 is piss all for a game considering I used to pay $70 when I was in high school. Am I arguing with myself on an internet forum? Yes, I think I am.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on Elven Legacy? The pack is 60 % off at €5.99. It seems to be a decent HoMM/King's Bounty thingy, but I know very little about it.
    More of a TBS set up along the line of a RTS. It's not like an adventure map as in King's Bounty but a series of missions with set objectives. Annoying thing is that you fail these missions if you don't complete them within the prescribed number of terms. Another incredibly irritating thing (consider this a warning) is that units carry over to the next mission. This means that missions are designed with the expectation, not necessarily reasonable, that you have a certain quantity and quality of units left over from the preceding one. So unlike other games, you may find out that you're totally screwed 1 or even 2 missions later.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Just saw that Mark of the Ninja for 50% off is one of the community vote options.

So this is me asking you to please go vote for it.
    How come you don't have it already then? Was on the daily deals just a couple of days ago. And on the autumn daily deals just a few weeks ago.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

If anyone is at all interested in multiplayer shooters, I recommend you check out Natural Selection 2, which is 60% on a daily deal.

There is a small Steam group set up and a thread in the social forum; we're trying to organise our first meetup in the next few days.

some time in the next five hours I'm going to give in to the really good community choice deal on Assassins Creed 2. And it's proportional €/$ prices for once.

I know this is a Steam thread, but I caved in to the Dungeons and Dragons deal on GoG. Mmm, RPG goodness... I can always blame the hangover from the Stephen's Day party.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I bought Batman:AC, and holy fuck, it's a nearly 20 gig download. It's an Unreal Engine game so I don't see how it could be that big. My internet is such shit that I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had bothered to check how big it was before hand.

But at this point I'm just waiting on AC:REV​. I'm hoping it will hit 10 dollars.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Bluray cutscenes? Poor texture compression (BMP instead of JPG ? :D )?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I bought Batman:AC, and holy fuck, it's a nearly 20 gig download. It's an Unreal Engine game so I don't see how it could be that big. My internet is such shit that I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had bothered to check how big it was before hand.

But at this point I'm just waiting on AC:REV​. I'm hoping it will hit 10 dollars.
    Buy a 200 Mb game and play that while you wait for Batman to download. It's worth waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by valuum View Post
    Spec Ops for relatively cheap.. Opinions? Thinking I'll buy it tomorrow, since my back catalogue is emptying faster than I'm filling it up.
    Spec Ops is a pretty standard 3rd person cover based shooter that lasts about 6 hours. I'm not a big of stuff like that, so I often found the combat to be frustrating.

The story's the main draw. It won't surprise you right away, but there are several scenes that really did get through my jaded video-man-killing shell.

I felt pretty conflicted when I finished it. I had seen some pretty unique stuff, but that was wrapped up in hours of boring cover shooting. You do get to make a few decisions, but I couldn't see ever replaying it.

EDIT: Added valuum's question so that I don't look like I'm just randomly babbling about Spec Ops
    Last edited by Clovis; 27-12-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Activated Node
    AC: REV was on Amazon for $2.50 with the promo code yesterday.... I wish I had checked this board I would have been able to help you out (not sure if it is came with a steam code or not). It is back up to $19.50 now on both Amazon and Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrophy View Post
    AC: REV was on Amazon for $2.50 with the promo code yesterday.... I wish I had checked this board I would have been able to help you out (not sure if it is came with a steam code or not). It is back up to $19.50 now on both Amazon and Steam.
    It was probably not a steam code. Ubi games tend not to be steam when purchased elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by valuum View Post
    Spec Ops for relatively cheap.. Opinions? Thinking I'll buy it tomorrow, since my back catalogue is emptying faster than I'm filling it up.
    Quite possibly my game of the year. Certainly in my personal top three anyway.

Is Sleeping Dogs worth the tenner?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Is Sleeping Dogs worth the tenner?

Yes,Spec Ops on other hand NO.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Yes,Spec Ops on other hand NO.
    I'm afraid I'll agree with that. Also, playing Sleeping Dogs with a 360 controller for driving and KB+M for shooting is great. :-D

P.S.: There's a lot of people that loves Spec Ops, obviously. I can see why, but... I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    I'm afraid I'll agree with that. Also, playing Sleeping Dogs with a 360 controller for driving and KB+M for shooting is great. :-D

P.S.: There's a lot of people that loves Spec Ops, obviously. I can see why, but... I don't.
    Thanks.
    I am actually two thirds in Spec Ops which I got for £5 a week ago from GetGames. It's ok. Nothing special and from what I see rather short, about 5-6 hours long. Not bad, but nothing to write home about.

I think I'll leave Sleeping Dogs for when it reaches £5 too. Too many games in the catalogue still untouched!