Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Picked up my first, and possibly only unless I'm tempted by Walking Mars at some point, game of the sale by buying Resonance in the latest flash sale. Had my eye on it for a bit as I do like a good adventure game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    unless I'm tempted by Walking Mars at some point
    Interesting game with some neat mechanics and a really nice art style, but I'm not sure I would have bought it if it weren't for the Humble Bundle, and much less at full price. Playing it didn't change that opinion either.

EDIT: Considering Carrier Command. Just tried the demo. Are there any complaints other than the friendly AI being dumb as rocks? I can deal with that much. The rest of the game is pretty fun.
    Last edited by johnki; 29-12-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Interesting game with some neat mechanics and a really nice art style, but I'm not sure I would have bought it if it weren't for the Humble Bundle, and much less at full price. Playing it didn't change that opinion either.

EDIT: Considering Carrier Command. Just tried the demo. Are there any complaints other than the friendly AI being dumb as rocks? I can deal with that much. The rest of the game is pretty fun.
    The game feels wonky as crap (think basically anything BiS is involved with. Which makes sense :p) and the AI will annoy the piss out of you, but I definitely enjoyed it. Its no Hostile Waters, but it is still fun.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    I vote no, because it has that terrible BIS driving AI issue (and I'm not even sure if BIS were responsible for the driving AI) which has plagued the ARMA series since Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. Given that they've never fixed it and it's absolutely essential for Carrier Command, I'd skip it. It's just not that good.

Which is a shame because it has moments of greatness which are promptly destroyed by a Walrus being incapable of navigating a 50m wide gap between two trees.

Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Which is a shame because it has moments of greatness which are promptly destroyed by a Walrus being incapable of navigating a 50m wide gap between two trees.
    Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I can deal with. It's frustrating as hell watching a Walrus go about 100m off course and straight into a cliff that wasn't anywhere near its path, but I can deal with it, granted there aren't a whole lot more issues with it.

Ha! Finally Resonance shows it's face

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I can deal with. It's frustrating as hell watching a Walrus go about 100m off course and straight into a cliff that wasn't anywhere near its path, but I can deal with it, granted there aren't a whole lot more issues with it.
    Not sure if it's been patched but the AI would also sometimes stand there failing to respond to coming under attack and would occasionally have major pathing issues where they'd prefer a path running through an enemy base as opposed to the easier and safer option... plus the campaign isn't particularly good and includes a random FPS element at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Not sure if it's been patched but the AI would also sometimes stand there failing to respond to coming under attack and would occasionally have major pathing issues where they'd prefer a path running through an enemy base as opposed to the easier and safer option... plus the campaign isn't particularly good and includes a random FPS element at the start.
    Grah. So conflicted. The rest of the game is good. But the AI...

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Resonance is really good. It does a lot of stuff that few (any?) adventure games have done before (split time lines, using memories/ideas like inventory items). It's maybe my favorite overall Wadjeteye game.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Resonance is really good. It does a lot of stuff that few (any?) adventure games have done before (split time lines, using memories/ideas like inventory items). It's maybe my favorite overall Wadjeteye game.
    That's neat, I remember the original Darkness Within doing something like that (you could combine ideas and past dialogues to unlock story-pieces, it wasn't obligatory but it would open new parts of story).

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    unless I'm tempted by Walking Mars at some point
    Waking Mars has beautiful graphics and nice interaction between (most of) the characters as they discover weirder and weirder things. I also like the research system. Mechanically it's a fairly straightforward puzzle game, if you're just trying to get to the end. 7.50 is not really an unfair price, but there's a good chance it will come down / be bundled again, and in pure, very unfair, "bang for your buck" terms it's not a good deal compared to the things you can get for a fiver at the moment.

Edit: I got Resonance in the GoG bundle after some dithering, looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 30-12-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Okay, I think I'm done. I've hit a ridiculously high amount of money spent (for me...went a little crazy since I don't normally have the cash) and I'm entering the "regret" phases of my shopping.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Okay, I think I'm done. I've hit a ridiculously high amount of money spent (for me...went a little crazy since I don't normally have the cash) and I'm entering the "regret" phases of my shopping.

How much did you spend :D
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How much did you spend :D
    $200. Thankfully all coming from the recent holidays. >.>

Normally, I'm lucky to be able to afford a $10 game.

$200. Thankfully all coming from the recent holidays. >.>

Normally, I'm lucky to be able to afford a $10 game.
    You must have bought enough to see you through the next two Christmas sales.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Haha crazy motherfucker! And how many games did you got for 200 dollars,thats what,about 180 euros right ?
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Haha crazy motherfucker! And how many games did you got for 200 dollars,thats what,about 180 euros right ?
    27 and I bought multiple copies of 3 of the games. >.>

EDIT: 150 Euros according to Google.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Sucks a bit that they're just repeating the same sales. Ah well.

Green Man Gaming have been the real stars this Xmas. Their sales have been amazing. Of the half dozen games I've bought this sale, all but one have been from there.

You can get Gods and Kings for two quid at the moment if you use the voucher. I doubt you'll see a better price than that for a long time.

So... I've been playing Mass Effect again, even if I still hate the combat (love the story and dialogues, though). I've heard the combat is better in the next games, so, should I buy Mass Effect 2 while on sale? Is it worth it? What about DLCs?