Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Crusader Kings 2 is on sale for another 3 hours from this post for a tenner. My understanding is none of the DLC is required to enjoy it and they only add music and some extra playable races or something? I'm interested to get the game and I'm just wondering is any DLC "required"?
    Just get the two expansions if you enjoy it, the rest is just throw away money grubbing crap that Paradox churns out for these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Crusader Kings 2 is on sale for another 3 hours from this post for a tenner. My understanding is none of the DLC is required to enjoy it and they only add music and some extra playable races or something? I'm interested to get the game and I'm just wondering is any DLC "required"?
    Even the big expansions (Sword of Islam and Legacy of Rome) aren't "required" if you don't want to play as a Muslim or in the Byzantine Empire. When those came out, Paradox added a lot to the game, but most of it was added to the base game. About the only thing that matters if you don't play a Muslim or Byzantine are the retinues.

I've played well over a 100 hours on a single playthrough. I've bought the expansions but haven't really touched them. I'd recommend just buying the base game. The expansions go on sale this cheap almost once a month.

Awesome, the bank transferred my interest for the year. I can spend some money on this sale now. Buying Thomas Was Alone and the Polynomial.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Probably gonna grab Sniper Elite. Between getting a chance to watch TV during the day (sniper special on The Military Channel :p) and the like, this appeals to me.

No real interest in the non-v2 version, but I do want to kill Hitler. And it is cheaper to grab the original instead of getting v2 and Hitler.

Anyone know if the other DLCs are worthwhile?
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Thanks for voting, Steam community. Now I can get Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Any thoughts on Fallen Enchantress, its on flash sale atm?

I have and enjoyed Warlock and Civ 5 and the idea of customizing load outs of heroes and quests intrigues me, but I don't know anyone who has played it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Fall Enchantress was briefly discussed in this thread. Perhaps that helps a bit.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    We really are doing well not starting a 'your haul' thread - I suspect it's going to be a bit shorter than usual?

I've bought a whopping 2 games on Steam (one of them twice, admiteddly) and I think I may buy 1 more (I tried the demo of Ether Vapor Remaster and I'm still grinning!!) but we're talking less than $10 total - a world record for a Steam Sale by a massive margin.

Amazon got more - GMG got three times as much as Steam - Valve's snackroom may be short on snacks!!

p.s. I feel I need to plug the YS games - I discovered those thanks to an earlier Steam sale and simply cannot recommend them enough if you have the remotest interest in an action-platform/puzzle heavy RPG with massive bosses which require old-school skills to defeat...

Sort of Dark Souls from a fixed perspective without the crap ragdoll skeletons if you like - you'll still die a lot :)

Only got Gods & Kings so far, but I'm likely going to get the GOTY upgrade, if the Steam store decides to collaborate, even though it looks like most of the content will go unused anyway.

I've been also staring intently at Civ IV Complete (which I don't remember a single thing about, except getting nausated by it after the initial binging phase), but it's a probable pass: one Civ is more than enough.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    We really are doing well not starting a 'your haul' thread - I suspect it's going to be a bit shorter than usual?
    Great. I'm going to be half the thread. That makes me feel a lot better haha. T_T

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Mine haul list will only be shorter by virtue of me owning a lot of what I want to own already.

I Am Alive - yay? Nay? I see a lot of negative stuff about it, but some good too. Anything redeeming about it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    I Am Alive - yay? Nay? I see a lot of negative stuff about it, but some good too. Anything redeeming about it?
    Technical stuff isn't that great is what I understood, it's been a while and can't really remember what exactly scared people away.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Technical stuff isn't that great is what I understood, it's been a while and can't really remember what exactly scared people away.
    I checked Metacritic again and it seems like the console reviewers gave it much higher scores...maybe it's just a lazy port? I dunno. I have a gamepad, I don't care much if they didn't create "higher resolution graphics specifically for the PC version" as I find that a bit of an unreasonable request.

I was just wondering if the gameplay was worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    You have to repeatedly click really fast to not die... Kinda a no no in pc land.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You have to repeatedly click really fast to not die... Kinda a no no in pc land.
    Ah, so lots of button mashing?

I did watch a video and it seems a bit odd that you have to consistently aim your gun at people as a threat to not die. But at the same time, to be fair, it's a pretty realistic reaction.

Trine Franchise 75% off? my ass! Goblin menace is still only 50% off, it's misleading (though not entirely unexpected). They should have labeled it 50-75%.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    I've never heard of Babel Rising before, not going to buy it either, but it's a neat concept for tower defence

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I've never heard of Babel Rising before, not going to buy it either, but it's a neat concept for tower defence
    Totalbiscuit had a video about it and it seemed brain numbingly easy. Not a big surprise since is it not a port from iOS?
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Totalbiscuit had a video about it and it seemed brain numbingly easy. Not a big surprise since is it not a port from iOS?
    Yeah, it's a port of an iOS game and, unsurprisingly, it's much, much cheaper on iOS.