Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Wasn't GRAW the First also the game that ended your co-op mission when the team leader (LAN host) died? That was extremely annoying for my group.
    I think so, yeah. It's just a really poor co-op implementation all around, and there's really no reason it has to be.

This sale has been very uninteresting. Though I guess someone with less than a billion games on Steam might disagree. Anyway I've so far only bought MtG 2013, Tiny & Big and ArtRage 3. I guess that was pretty much it.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Anno 2070?

I've been waiting and waiting for a deeper discount than this, but it never seems to come, so perhaps this is the time to buy.

Impressions? From what I gathered at launch it was a successful twist on a successful franchise, and outside of DRM issues (if I recall), there seemed to be almost nothing but praise for this title. However, every time this game is a featured sale, nobody seems too excited. Does it not have much staying power? Was it mostly forgettable? Should I be looking elsewhere for my empire-building fix?

I thought about that Anno deal for a moment but then again, it's still rather expensive for a re-skin of the previous one. And actually I like that theme more sooooo... Yeah.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    This sale has been very uninteresting. Though I guess someone with less than a billion games on Steam might disagree. Anyway I've so far only bought MtG 2013, Tiny & Big and ArtRage 3. I guess that was pretty much it.
    I always laugh when people say that.

I've seen at least a dozen games I've wanted so far. And yet, with most of them, I still can't afford it. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by field_studies View Post
    Anno 2070?

I've been waiting and waiting for a deeper discount than this, but it never seems to come, so perhaps this is the time to buy.

Impressions? From what I gathered at launch it was a successful twist on a successful franchise, and outside of DRM issues (if I recall), there seemed to be almost nothing but praise for this title. However, every time this game is a featured sale, nobody seems too excited. Does it not have much staying power? Was it mostly forgettable? Should I be looking elsewhere for my empire-building fix?
    It was below 10$ more than once, so if you are not anxious too play it, I suggest waiting.
    It was also on the "get loaded" scheme at getgamesgo.com where you could buy Anno + another Ubisoft title for 15$ (or 6 for 30$).

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Chivalry is kind of fantastic. I blew through 40 hours in two weeks after getting it. I found it a little frustrating it first, since it was hard to discern whether I was dying because I sucked (I did) or because of hit detection fails, etc. (they happen), which made it a challenge to know how to improve.

Once out of this phase, the learning curve is a pleasure to ascend: intimately discovering the tricks by facing your betters, showing your inferiors the ropes by slaughtering them embarrassingly, and finding prolonged, strut-your-stuff encounters with your equals. It's chaotic and the violence is, as I think someone here described it, Monty Python-funny. When I saw it on Kickstarter, I passed immediately--I thought, just another weak game riding the everlasting wave of generic medieval nonsense's capacity to sell to sword-loving nerds. I wasn't right.

I have a few niggling complaints about it, but they pale next to the exhilaration of killing three knights that have you surrounded as man-at-arms, and all the other fun you can have applying nuanced tactics to a chaotic, silly game.

Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    It was below 10$ more than once, so if you are not anxious too play it, I suggest waiting.
    It was also on the "get loaded" scheme at getgamesgo.com where you could buy Anno + another Ubisoft title for 15$ (or 6 for 30$).
    I don't know how accurate/comprehensive they are, but steamgamesales.com shows that, save for that getgamesgo deal early this year, it hasn't dropped below $20 anywhere. Curious strategy--this seems like exactly the sort of game (strategy, 'niche'-market, non-multiplayer-focused) that gets deeply discounted fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    -snip-
    I picked it up. Going to play once it's done downloading. Thanks for the help. :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    No, because that's what it is. They aren't listing separate prices and implying some massive discount. Look again at the Steam page, which implies the regular price would be $40 for this package. That's simply not true. We call Gamersgate on this kind of "inflate it then discount it" crap when they pull it, why does Steam get a pass?
    Ah quite right, sorry. I literally didn't see that bit as my brain long ago learned those sections of Steam pages are bullshit and learned to filter them out, which may account for why it gets a pass.

I was tempted by Anno 2070, then saw the amount of DLC and the fact that the complete edition is only 17% off.

Few questions on SF4 - is there a worthy single-player mode in there? And is the DLC all just costumes, so the base edition might be a better deal?

Network Hub
    Yeah, similar thinking on Anno 2070. Not sure how worthwhile the DLC for it is but with the complete pack going for £25 it just doesn't bang enough of my bargain bells enough to justify having Tages DRM installed on my 'puter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Man, the sales have really been disappointing so far. :(
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Chivalry is kind of fantastic.
    I picked it up as soon as I saw it on sale, and am very glad I did, put about an hour into it now, and I'm currently hoping that the shout button never stops being as fun as it has been so far!
    It's been supplying me with lots of thrilling moments and I got my first game-winning kill with a nicely timed stab, most satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Hamster View Post
    I picked it up as soon as I saw it on sale, and am very glad I did, put about an hour into it now, and I'm currently hoping that the shout button never stops being as fun as it has been so far!
    It's been supplying me with lots of thrilling moments and I got my first game-winning kill with a nicely timed stab, most satisfying.
    I'm loving it so far as well. Picked up a hatchet and started hacking some people up.

Unfortunately it keeps crashing on me. No idea why. It runs fine.

Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    Anyone has any experience with Binary Domain? Is it worth a fiver?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The general consensus seems to be that the gameplay is quite mediocre (except shooting off robot limbs), but the story is rather fun and justifies it. I haven't played it, but at that price, you might find it worth while? There's a few videos of people having a look at it I'm sure, including a Giant Bomb quick look.