Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Anyone has any experience with Binary Domain? Is it worth a fiver?
    I'll be another voice in favor of the game. I didn't go in expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised by the setting and general ambiance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Anyone has any experience with Binary Domain? Is it worth a fiver?
    There's a demo and I'd recommend you try it. I didn't get along with the controls, personally.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    But BB's single player is simply unplayable. I'd never touched the game before and I only lost once, and that was in my second match when I didn't understand the rules yet.
    The AI is quite capable of playing the game. This being Blood Bowl however there's only certain teams it's going to have a chance with; I wouldn't expect Halflings to beat an Ogre team since the only effective strategies to do so are beyond the capabilities of the AI (chloroforming the ogre player being the main one).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    There's a demo and I'd recommend you try it. I didn't get along with the controls, personally.
    Was the demo updated? The patches fixed the controls and FOV.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I only played the console so can't tell you about the controls, but the game itself is well worth a fiver.

There needs to be a sticky thread about Binary Domain, this is like the tenth time people asked about the game. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I think the demo for BD is outdated. Its a good game with a nice story!
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    How does Anno 2070 handle the effective range of its buildings? That often extremely limited range in which buildings had to be build to properly work together in previous games was a major downside for me, and one that made building large cities often annoying rather than interesting.

It was as if people never invented carriages, cartwheels, boats and the like. Oh how I'd love a city-builder in a 15th-17th century setting that allowed me to build proper (Dutch) canals; they truly were the highways of the early modern period.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 24-12-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    BD:
    Is a game for console gamers. So buy it if you are one of such person yourself. Enjoy the quick time scenes, cutscenes with the controls removed, linear progression trought tiny arenas and gimmicky big monsters. Is not a bad type, is just a good game from a type I would love to erase the existence from this world.

If you want a great game of this type, buy Lost Colony 2, not this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I am looking for people willing to get the Chivalry 4-pack and save some bucks. Anyone interested?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I am looking for people willing to get the Chivalry 4-pack and save some bucks. Anyone interested?
    Oh dang it, I just bought it. :(
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Opinions on Sniper Elite v2?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    It has demo on Steam and it's quite a good sample of what you'll be getting. I replayed the demo like 6 times, every time a little bit differently and enjoyed it very much.

Incredibly satisfying sniper action and awesome graphics. Falls apart when you have to use other weapons but the traps you can set are cute. The stealth is very basic and the game is mostly linear but it's fun.
    You can't go wrong for that price. The slow-mo X-ray thing never gets old.

Another vote for Binary Domain but with caveats. I'm playing it at the moment and approaching the end and while it's janky as hell and a pretty crappy port, the game is still a hell of a lot of fun. It seems to throw a huge setpiece at you every five minutes, some of which can be pretty exciting to play through.

It's been one of a number of nice surprises this year for me in gaming but you do need a certain tolerance for the shoddy porting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Yeah, try the demo. If you like it you'll like the full game, if not... You won't. The longest possible shot in the game is about 450-500m, there were longer shots in the original game, but I found that to be a bit too janky to enjoy.

For what it's worth I played the crap out of SEV2 and enjoyed it, the multiplayer was surprisingly quite fun too but not as captivating as some others. You haven't lived until you score a triple kill by shooting a grenade on a Nazi's webbing and/or a 2-for-1 double headshot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Beware the BD demo - it's one of those setpiece-with-hand-holding things which mixes your team-mates talking away with them yelling not entirely helpful instructions at you.

Being a 3rd person game it's easy to get disoriented and the game actually works on that - I was feeling sick by the time I got to the end of it.

I like the idea/tone/story but you need to get your head around it.

If you like your stories with action but less 'head throb' I suggest Spec Ops: The Line - it's a more trad FPS with some actual plot.

Or Darkness II - also at the same sort of price...

If you have a controller Binary Domain plays like a dream. Just increase the vertical FOV a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I notice that Half-a-Minute-Hero is in the Flash Deals atm - I never took to the 'HD' art style but the core game, the main 30 second RPG thing - is a work of unalloyed genius.

Some of the other modes are a bit naff and the original graphics are preferrable to my eyes - but if you want an RPG which is actually a rather cleverer puzzle game then this is the game for YOU--->>>>

I discovered quite by chance that Simbin's racing games are 75% off on steam ATM, so I was able to avail myself of GT Legends for £2.25.

Why are these deals not more visible? Makes me wonder what else I've been missing out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Hamster View Post
    I discovered quite by chance that Simbin's racing games are 75% off on steam ATM, so I was able to avail myself of GT Legends for £2.25.

Why are these deals not more visible? Makes me wonder what else I've been missing out on.
    There always are some good "hidden" deals in these sales.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.