Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, when I play a Call of Duty I am not really there for the good game design or revolutionary ideas. I am there to blow stuff up and shoot a lot of things :p I'll think about it, but very tempted

As for CoD1 and CoD2: They are still games about blowing stuff up and being a super soldier, but they were a lot less "team" oriented. So you still did almost everything yourself. And no CoD has yet to match the awesome that was Captain Foley's wild ride in the first CoD. Just be warned that CoD1 has medkits and that both games are a lot more unforgiving.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

To hell with it, I bought Of Orcs and Men. And if I like it, I might buy the Game of Thrones RPG. I loved the TV show, I'm liking the books so far, and I will probably like the game.

This is an Amazon deal but it's amaz-ing so I post it here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...WX04/ozba0e-20

What in the world!

Also, while we're being amazing, I don't suppose there's a chance that the new Amazing Spider-Man game will drop to about 60 - 75% off?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    This is an Amazon deal but it's amaz-ing so I post it here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...WX04/ozba0e-20

What in the world!
    For those wondering, it is Scribblenauts Unlimited for $7.49.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    For those wondering, it is Scribblenauts Unlimited for $7.49.
    Oh God, I didn't notice the description didn't go through :(

Thanks for putting that up!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Can anyone recommend one or two Tom Braider games seeing as they're all the same price now please? More out of curiosity than actual intent to buy one, but you never know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Can anyone recommend one or two Tom Braider games seeing as they're all the same price now please? More out of curiosity than actual intent to buy one, but you never know.
    I liked what Crystal Dynamics, the developer, did with the Lara character in Tomb Raider: Legend. She's more talkative, interacts more with her crew at home, and the missions/levels themselves were quite nicely tied together. Not everyone agrees, obviously, as it was a slight deviation from the earlier games.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 25-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

The current vote is a bit skewed. Anyone else notice that Miner Wars is up for a 50% discount by the community, but the game is already 50% off until Jan. 5th?

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Yes. 75% off would make more sense. It was $5 minus voucher on GMG a few weeks ago.

Latest flash sales are also pants. They're selling games for more than they've been in past full sales. Get games for more, only for the next 6 hours, only on Steam.

I know, whaaa whaaa, but they set the precedent.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I'm thinking about Dark Souls for 15 dollars on Amazon.

Anyone know if that game is at all playable without a controller, though? I don't own a controller and don't want to buy one just for that. Plus, I've always been fine with keyboard/mouse in games where people insist you need a controller (e.g. Meatboy, etc).

But does that game have some kind of crazy "Street Fighter" type moves (ala Ryu's dragon punch, or something) that require an analogue stick to pull off correctly? Or is it manageable with kb+mouse?
    I replied yesterday, but the comment was auto-modded and never approved. Sorry about that.

The game requires no "Street Fighter" moves, no. Dark Souls works well with a gamepad out of the box; the problem is that the mouse control is genuinely awful out of the box. It's just a matter of mouse tracking vs. gamepad tracking.

However, you're not "gimping yourself" by using mouse/keyboard control, as Rauten suggested might be a possibility. With dsmfix, I find mouse/keyboard the superior mode of control (especially if you frequently use free-aim stuff like archery). There are two problems, tho. One, dsmfix might take a bit to install properly; it took me over an hour due to problems with phantom USB devices I had to find and disable. (For most people, this process seems to have been painless.) Two, the interface reflects XBox 360 controller buttons; it doesn't adjust to reflect your assigned keys. Both of those problems can be accommodated, but go in with the expectation that you might have to do a bit of troubleshooting to get everything working at the beginning.

The game is worth it, but be prepared for a little bit of initial agony (i.e., before all the agony you'll later encounter in-game :D ).
    Last edited by suibhne; 25-12-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by suibhne View Post
    I replied yesterday, but the comment was auto-modded and never approved. Sorry about that.

The game requires no "Street Fighter" moves, no. Dark Souls works well with a gamepad out of the box; the problem is that the mouse control is genuinely awful out of the box. It's just a matter of mouse tracking vs. gamepad tracking.

However, you're not "gimping yourself" by using mouse/keyboard control, as Rauten suggested might be a possibility. With dsmfix, I find mouse/keyboard the superior mode of control (especially if you frequently use free-aim stuff like archery). There are two problems, tho. One, dsmfix might take a bit to install properly; it took me over an hour due to problems with phantom USB devices I had to find and disable. (For most people, this process seems to have been painless.) Two, the interface reflects XBox 360 controller buttons; it doesn't adjust to reflect your assigned keys. Both of those problems can be accommodated, but go in with the expectation that you might have to do a bit of troubleshooting to get everything working at the beginning.

The game is worth it, but be prepared for a little bit of initial agony (i.e., before all the agony you'll later encounter in-game :D ).
    Wow you've unlocked the triple hard mode version of Dark Souls.

Gimping your controls, and relying on archery (fucking LOL)

Activated Node
    Is anybody else unable to log in or considered 'offline' by steam?

Works for me.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Is anybody else unable to log in or considered 'offline' by steam?
    I have No Connection at present.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Steam always takes a battering around the sales.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Steam always takes a battering around the sales.
    Especially near the time when the dailies cycle over. Too many people hitting "refresh" all at once!

Network Hub
    Umm, what deal do you see on Hotline Miami? I am 9001% sure it was -50% off for a minute and then it went to -25% off.

Still shows 50% off for me. 25% is the standard discount that is available for all the duration of the sale, it was previously 50% as a flash, and thus it should stay at 50% as a daily.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

It's saying 50% off for me. I recommend it for the gameplay. But the violence, man, the violence gets to me every now and then.