Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thirty Flights of Loving for €2,50? All right, that's close enough for an impulse buy, I'll bite.

Network Hub
    Isn't it around 30 minutes long? I really don't know if I can justify buying it, even at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Thirty Flights of Loving for €2,50? All right, that's close enough for an impulse buy, I'll bite.
    Even at that price, I'm glad I got it in the Super Shock Bundle. Which I got for free because some guy gave out promo codes on Twitter. It was only 10 minutes long. No amount of good storytelling compels me to pay for a game that lasts only 10 minutes.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by valuum View Post
    Spec Ops for relatively cheap.. Opinions? Thinking I'll buy it tomorrow, since my back catalogue is emptying faster than I'm filling it up.
    I pulled the trigger on this a couple of days ago with the deal on amazon atm (Bioshock 1 & 2 & spec ops, $10, gave the bioshocks to my housemate who's yet to play them), just finished playing it today, one of the best games i've played this year. I mean, if feels like you're avatar moves too slow and yet too lightly at the same time, the guns don't feel 'meaty' (heck, the shotgun feels like a pellet gun), the cover system is nothing like the fluid one you get in GOW, and by the end of it the checkpoints are way to far apart.

By any measure of a 'game', it's crap. Heck, I'd say it's flat out not enjoyable to play, it's not fun like COD, it doesn't have that perfectly tuned 'feel', sprinting around headshotting guys for the endorphin rush, but, and this is the big but, it all works. It works so damn well. It doesn't have that cod 'feel', but it made me feel more than any cod game ever could.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Oh you gamers :D

Network Hub
    Current daily deals don't interest me much (and wasn't XCOM on for a bigger discount during the autumn sale?), but I will recommend FTL to anyone who doesn't have it yet; I don't love it nearly as much as a lot of people here seem to, but it's a really interesting game that I still got several hours out of. I also recommend LA Noire for that price. It's incredibly flawed, but it's also one of the most unique AAA games that I've ever played, and when everything gels together at certain points it really shows how much potential there is in the mechanics.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Shamefur dispray. LEGO was 7.5 dollars on Amazon until yesterday, XCOM was cheaper during Christmas. 2/6 are repeats.

Hopefully I am allowed to bitch about the shitty deals now that we're halfway through the sale. The Kieron Gillen rule of shittiness applies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    First purchase for me, the Serious Sam 3 DLC. Whilst I haven't played SS3 yet, I enjoyed SSF/SE, so I have no doubt in my mind that it's money well spent, especially 85% off. While I'm here:

In the flash sale is Space Marine. The campaign gets derivative, but probably ends as best as it can do with what it does. Substantially fun, mind, even if the final boss is disappointing. The multiplayer is where it's at though, with a pretty damn good competitive mode and it's absolutely fantastic co-op horde mode, which may justify purchase of the game alone. That damn good.

There's also all of Serious Sam 85% off which is just, well, wow. You can buy everything Serious Sam for £10.49. That's a killing. Again, haven't played SS3, but SS First Encounter and Second Encounter were really, really good challenging old school fun. Recommended.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Isn't it around 30 minutes long? I really don't know if I can justify buying it, even at that price.
    Give me 30 minutes and I'll tell you if it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    In the flash sale is Space Marine. The campaign gets derivative, but probably ends as best as it can do with what it does. Substantially fun, mind, even if the final boss is disappointing. The multiplayer is where it's at though, with a pretty damn good competitive mode and it's absolutely fantastic co-op horde mode, which may justify purchase of the game alone. That damn good.
    The DLCs are useless if you don't play MP, right?

Not that I even know if I'm considering buying Space Marine... I didn't have much fun with the demo, so I suspect I'm mostly just looking for something to get in this sale. Which isn't a very good reason to get anything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Well it comes with an updated version of Gravity Bone, which is another 20 minutes. And you can play it a second time with a commentary, so it's nearly an hour and a half if you play through everything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Yeah, the DLCs are all MP based and arguably not all necessary; most of them are cosmetics for different chapters, but some are MP modes that ultimately don't seem played that much. You can get away with the base game only if you want perfectly fine.

But yeah, if it's just because it's on sale and you didn't have too much fun with the demo, don't buy it. The demo is highly indicative of the SP.