Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    The sixth item for sale is a bundle of both the Left 4 Dead games.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    So what's the last game in today's major sale list? I see Sins, AssCreed franchise, Prototype franchise, Just Cause 2, LIMBO, and "This game is not available in your region" yet again.
    That would be L4D franchise, but that doesn't make any sense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    That would be L4D franchise, but that doesn't make any sense.
    Actually it does - L4D2 was banned here for excessive violence since we didn't have an R18+ rating at the time, and we got the German version.

Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Actually it does - L4D2 was banned here for excessive violence since we didn't have an R18+ rating at the time, and we got the German version.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about all the games that got banned there. There was a a real big internet stink about it at least once a year, too.

Is Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion worth it over just getting Trinity for half the price?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mechanical Aggressor View Post
    Is Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion worth it over just getting Trinity for half the price?
    There's not a whole lot different, although the titans are pretty flippin' sweet. Other than that it looks like the only other major change would be the splitting of each faction into two sides with differing traits and ships.

edit - I just checked the Steam page and here is the whole list of differences:

Key features:

• New Factions: Decide whether to play as a Loyalist or Rebel – each unlocks new technologies, ships and play styles for each race.
    • New Titan Class Warships: Mighty titans enter the fray of the war to tip the scales of power. Each faction may field their own unique titan, drawing upon unique strengths and abilities on the battlefield.
    • New and Updated Capital Ships: A new capital ship joins the fleet for each race to offer even more tactical options. Additionally, all existing capital ships have been upgraded to four levels for their abilities, allowing players to focus their ships along specific strengths.
    • New Corvette Class Ships: Small and maneuverable, each faction has developed a new light attack craft to harass enemy forces.
    • Updated Visuals: Updated graphics, particle effects, lighting and shadows, race specific UI and other enhancements make the Sins’ universe look better than ever.
    • New Victory Conditions: Take multiple paths to victory including – Military, Diplomatic, Research, Last Flagship Standing, Last Capital Standing and Occupation.
    • New Audio: More than 60 minutes of original music, countless new sound effects and dozens of new voice overs help bring the drama of battle to new levels of immersion.
    The corvettes are pretty cool, and the new capitals introduce a bit more variety. The new victory conditions also give the game some more replayability. Whether or not that's worth the few extra bucks for you I couldn't say, but I don't regret my purchase and I had the other games on Impulse.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 29-12-2012 at 04:00 AM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    There's not a whole lot different, although the titans are pretty flippin' sweet. Other than that it looks like the only other major change would be the splitting of each faction into two sides with differing traits and ships.

edit - I just checked the Steam page and here is the whole list of differences:

The corvettes are pretty cool, and the new capitals introduce a bit more variety. The new victory conditions also give the game some more replayability. Whether or not that's worth the few extra bucks for you I couldn't say, but I don't regret my purchase and I had the other games on Impulse.
    It's probably worth noting that the "new factions" are just two subtly different versions of the previous factions from trinity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    So, the Carpe Fulgar franchise is a 75% flash on Steam. I've heard good things about Recettear, but what of Chantelise and Fortune Summoners?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Recettear is ace.
    You run a shop inside a typical JRPG world, and have to pay for the loan your missing father got and never paid back. Capitalism, ho!

Chantelise is okay-ish.
    It's a 3rd person combat focused dungeon crawler thingy populated by slightly better defined versions of the enemies found on Recettear. It's not bad, but it's very linear and depends quite a bit of grinding.

Fortune Summoners is a weird metroidvania thing with spells and lolis. Lolis every freaking where. There's a demo available and I suggest you give it a whirl before you buy. Many people enjoy it, but it's not for everyone.

If you just wanna grab one, Recettear is without a doubt the best of the lot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    You're ace. I'll stick with Recettear for now. Maybe do the demo thingy and buy FS in another sale. Thanks!

Moving on, then. The Sonic bundle, which is supposedly 75% off right now contains games whose RRP add up to half the RRP of the bundle. Ergo, the bundle is not 75% off.

It might be worth mentioning that if you'd like to get some games for not a lot of money at all, you can go have a look at Steam's complete list of games, sorted by ascending price. The games on the first fifteen pages are unlikely to be discounted further, and a lot of those have had favourable RPS coverage, however slight. A lot of impulse buy potential, there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    It might be worth mentioning that if you'd like to get some games for not a lot of money at all, you can go have a look at Steam's complete list of games, sorted by ascending price. The games on the first fifteen pages are unlikely to be discounted further, and a lot of those have had favourable RPS coverage, however slight. A lot of impulse buy potential, there.
    Toki Tori for 40p is a bargain for a nice charming puzzler.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Toki Tori for 40p is a bargain for a nice charming puzzler.
    If anyone wants Toki Tori, and you've got something to trade, maybe do it here to get this experiment in up-trading going: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...rter-Challenge!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I think there might be an issue with the Sonic franchise bundle, or else Sega have gone crazy. According to it now, the only contents are Generations, the two episodes for 4, Adventure 1 and 2 (and DLC). This means none of the older titles, the remake of CD, the spin-offs and the arcade racer are there any more. Also, the individual price of all of those items in the sale comes to 4p less than the bundle price. Something must be up, so I recommend you don't buy it at the mo.