Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Green Man Gaming have been the real stars this Xmas. Their sales have been amazing. Of the half dozen games I've bought this sale, all but one have been from there.

You can get Gods and Kings for two quid at the moment if you use the voucher. I doubt you'll see a better price than that for a long time.
    I was just thinking about getting back into Civ V yesterday, then saw that deal this morning. :D

Bought Quantum Conundrum, Trine 2 and the Witcher 2 from Steam but probably spent more on GMG/GOG this holiday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    So... I've been playing Mass Effect again, even if I still hate the combat (love the story and dialogues, though). I've heard the combat is better in the next games, so, should I buy Mass Effect 2 while on sale? Is it worth it? What about DLCs?
    I felt ME2's combat to be a LOT better, although the introduction of ammo was annoying.

And if you get ME2, get the DLC. Two of them were pretty fun, and they tie in to the decision tree for the third game.

And GMG's advantage is that they have price matched in a lot of cases, but still allowed you to use the 30% code. It will be interesting to see if they can sustain that model.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I thought I'd gotten away with this sale clean but I realised I actually bought Half-Minute-Hero in a Flash Sale - and a couple of copies of Sequence to give away - but it's still proving a cheap sale.

GMG have (for the 2nd sale running) gotten more of my cash - there must be some deals lurking in there I want tho, surely...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Any thoughts on Mark of the Ninja? (50% off today)

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I think it's pretty awesome. A true stealth game with some arcade elements to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I felt ME2's combat to be a LOT better, although the introduction of ammo was annoying.

And if you get ME2, get the DLC. Two of them were pretty fun, and they tie in to the decision tree for the third game.

Thanks! ^^ How do I get the DLC if I buy the game through Steam, though? And how expensive are they?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The game is pure awesome.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Thanks! ^^ How do I get the DLC if I buy the game through Steam, though? And how expensive are they?
    No idea, but I imagine the Steam version might already have DLC (CHECK FIRST) since Valve has that rule about not wanting games to use external stores. The ME3 DLC is pretty expensive though, so I am waiting for a GOTYE (or one of those insanely rare bioware point sales) before my replay.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    I think it's pretty awesome. A true stealth game with some arcade elements to go with it.
    I didn't really like it, but I only gave the first level or two a shot. Felt too contextual and "puzzly" rather than an organic stealth game.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I've been flirting with the idea of getting Anno 2070, but have been put off a bit by the price against the other DLC/Purchase options. You can get the base game for £11.99, the deluxe for 13.99, and then a complete version for £24.99. I'm not sure if the extras are worth it. Any one have any experience with this one?

one of those insanely rare bioware point sales
    When was the last time this happened? I've been tracking this elusive sale, but have only ever heard rumors and legends.

No idea, but I imagine the Steam version might already have DLC (CHECK FIRST) since Valve has that rule about not wanting games to use external stores. The ME3 DLC is pretty expensive though, so I am waiting for a GOTYE (or one of those insanely rare bioware point sales) before my replay.
    No, the DLC is sold only by Bioware / EA, which requires an account with them, or was the last I checked. Also I dont think EA like discounting the DLC, so be careful when going into ME2 with that.

Hum... Seems like the two worthy DLC still have to be bought using BW points. Well, I guess that means no ME2 for the moment. >.<

EDIT:

@ Scumbag: Just saw that, yes... Well. F*ck them. They won't take my monies that way.

F*ck them. They won't take my monies that way.
    Look at it this way, is the (ME2 price + the BW point price for DLC) worth the enjoyment you'll get out of the game? If so, then why the swearing?

5€ (Mass Effect Standar Edition, 2,5 more if I get the Deluxe one, which doesn't have the more valuable DLCs)
    7$ (Kasumi - Stolen Memory)
    10$ (Lair of the Shadow Broker)
    7$ (Arrival)

It probably is a great game, and some great DLCs, but the additional content, which seems pretty necesary to enjoy the whole story, is not only overpriced, but sold in a way that feels really uncomfortable. No, thank you. It's not worth paying that much and going through that much trouble. Such a pity they decide to do things that way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The DLC isn't really necessary at all.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    From what I've been told, Shadow Broker is the only worthwhile one. (And the only one I'll be buying for my 2nd playthrough) most of us probably completed the game, quite happily, without any DLC.

Hum... Really? As I've been told, Arrival covers a lot of the story and joins quite better ME2 with ME3, and the Kasumi one adds a whole character. Shadow Broker is the most important one, as far as I've been told, though, that's true.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    From what I've been told, Shadow Broker is the only worthwhile one. (And the only one I'll be buying for my 2nd playthrough) most of us probably completed the game, quite happily, without any DLC.
    I really enjoyed Overlord as well, Kasumi is also nice and used her quite a lot.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 30-12-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Hum... Really? As I've been told, Arrival covers a lot of the story and joins quite better ME2 with ME3, and the Kasumi one adds a whole character. Shadow Broker is the most important one, as far as I've been told, though, that's true.
    ME2 and ME3 don't really flow into each other at all, unless you're doing a lot of filling in the blanks. Arrival offers you the chance to stop an imminent Reaper invasion, after which Admiral Hackett of the 5th Alliance fleet will tell you that you'll have to defend yourself on Earth because of the methods used to stop that invasion. You can just ignore that throughout the entire game, though, and keep going along with your new Cerberus buddies; nothing comes of it. Then in ME3, at the start of the game you're suddenly on Earth, supposedly having handed over the Normandy to the Alliance, the ME2 crew has all left, you've been incarcerated for a few months and... well, I suppose it's one big 'buy our books/comics' situation.

Overlord is probably my favourite of the lot, though I'll be the first to admit that the mission itself is rather straightforward. It ties in nicely to a few of the main storylines, however, which might be of interest. Specifically those of the Quarians, the Geth and indeed that of Cerberus and the Illusive Man's methods and goals. The Geth-conflict is one of the highlights of the series for me, and I imagine your appreciation of this DLC will depend somewhat on that.

Lair of the Shadow Broker was quite fun as well. The assault on the actual Shadow Broker base is a bit lacklustre, but I definitely liked the earlier sections on Illium. That probably has something to do with me liking the entire setting there, too. The character Tela Vasir is sadly a bit wasted, but she's arguably one of the more interesting in the game. The Shadow Broker base itself is decent enough; once it's taken you get a few options to read about people's history and private correspondence, though you could of course do so online, since it's all text-based. There's also some intel you can gather on which planets possess which minerals in abundance, and there's some funding of schemes to be done - though again this is all text-based.

Kasumi is somewhat hard to recommend. You're already swimming in team-mates halfway through the game, and though it's nice enough her side-mission doesn't really stand out. She's also not a full character in the sense that you can't have actual conversations with her, she just gives you some random lines about stuff in her room and things that have happened. On the more positive side, when on mission she'll often have some of the more quirky and oddball things to say.

Anyway, you can skip all these and still have a great time, as most who played it when it first came out did. For €5 it's a fantastic deal if you're even remotely interested in the genre.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 30-12-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    When was the last time this happened? I've been tracking this elusive sale, but have only ever heard rumors and legends.
    The last, and only, time I am aware of could easily have been a mispricing, it wasn't advertised anywhere and I discovered it entirely by accident (before positing here); it worked out as getting ~33% off. In short, one of the larger groups of points was sold at the same price as the smaller. It happened shortly before the release of ME3. It stayed active for a couple of days, and then disappeared just as silently.

The odd thing with this one, is that I think I was the first person to discover the deal, or at least the first to make it public. No idea how long it was active for before hand.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar