Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Anyway, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is part of the new Steam Flash Deals, bumping its price down to €4,74.
    It's down to €2,99 now, which is even more ridiculous for a game this big/good.

On the topic of ridiculous; I'm having a hard really hard time resisting the THQ collection. I probably wouldnt buy any of the games separately though, so, but.. must... resist..

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valuum View Post
    It's down to €2,99 now, which is even more ridiculous for a game this big/good.
    That's just the Euro Tier 2 price, so no further reduction for most Europeans.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    if you liked it enough. The implementation of this DLC mission, which wasn't originally cut because it was the best mission in the game (!), is made worse by the fact that it starts from a different executable, so you'll have to manually quit DEHR at the right time, launch the DLC, then go back to DEHR once you complete the missing mission. But anyway - the main game is definitely worth checking out.
    I think it was implemented that way, and indeed originally cut, because it totally screws up the pacing of the game if you do it that way. You've finally got everything figured out, you're running head-long towards the end of the story and the final showdown, you hitch a lift to the final location and then: "hang on a second, first spend a couple of hours dealing with what happened on the way".

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    You've finally got everything figured out, you're running head-long towards the end of the story and the final showdown, you hitch a lift to the final location and then: "hang on a second, first spend a couple of hours dealing with what happened on the way".
    Amusingly, you've basically described the campaign structure of most RPGs. "Hang on a second, while I'm finally on route to the capital to defeat the evil tyrant, let's first spend a couple of hours running errands for local vendors and orphans." [Edited]

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Did they ever fix the frameskipping in deus ex?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    That's just the Euro Tier 2 price, so no further reduction for most Europeans.
    Wah, really? How do the tiers work? I never would've figured Norway to be cheaper than.. anything, really.

Wah, really? How do the tiers work? I never would've figured Norway to be cheaper than.. anything, really.
    Yeah, seriosly, wtf!? Norway is supposed to be the only place that's more expensive than Sweden! Maybe the tiers are based on EU membership?

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Yeah, It's a weird division. I thought Tier 2 to consist mostly of Eastern European countries but that's obviously not quite true.

If I may quote steamprices.com:

Valve divided Europe into two virtual regions, so games in the Steam Store may have different prices within Euro countries.

Region 1:
    Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland

Region 2:
    Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Vatican City

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Did they change the way flash sales work? Didn't they used to have individual countdown timers of about 5 hours each instead of 15 hours for all of them?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Reckon it's worth holding out on a bigger reduction for Dishonored?
    O48

So laid back I'm aslee..zzzzzz

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Did they change the way flash sales work? Didn't they used to have individual countdown timers of about 5 hours each instead of 15 hours for all of them?
    It seems one set rotates 11:00-23:00, then 23:00-11:00, while the other set rotates 17:00-05:00, and 05:00-17:00. So, to put it more succinctly, twelve hour deals, starting every six hours. I'm guessing Valve changed it because too many people missed the five, six hour long deals we had in previous sales due to being in such odd places as Australia or North America and being at work or asleep while a flash sale was on.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzmatazz View Post
    Reckon it's worth holding out on a bigger reduction for Dishonored?
    Yeah I think you will see it cheaper later in the sale. Also it is currently cheaper if you use the 30% off code at green man gaming.

Money has disappeared from my bank account. Got a copy of Orcs Must Die 2 both for myself and for my Sanctum/general co-op buddy.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Activated Node
    All the sim bin stuff is really cheap right now. I can't decide if I want to buy that or hold off for something like project cars.

Network Hub
    If anyone is looking for a Flight game that can range in difficulty then id definitely suggest Wings of Prey. Going for around 3 quid of steam. Possibly one of the prettiest games made aswell. If you have a gamepad and like flight games then definitely pick it up. http://store.steampowered.com/app/45300/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Sales updated (Seemed to be a minute or two later than usual?).

Anyone have thoughts on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier?
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    New sales are a bit crap tbh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Damn these deals are shit. Psychonauts and Sim City 4 as daily deals when there are only 6 spots? Darksiders a lot more expensive than on Amazon? Dishonored more expensive than on a tiny-ass UK store? FEAR again? Vintage Tom Clancy games again?

Ghost Recon: Invisible Soldier is the only OK-ish deal - not for dirty Europeans, of course. And I'm stretching the definition of OK-ish to include it, because it's a 6 months old bomb with a terrible port and a shitty Deluxe Edition that takes out some of the fun from the game's best feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    New sales are a bit crap tbh.
    Finding the patience is key I believe...
    O48

So laid back I'm aslee..zzzzzz