Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    More shitty deals today. I haven't brought anything yet. I think theres only one I want, Dark souls, £10 or less for half a port and to put up with GFWL. That will do for me.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Damn these deals are shit. Psychonauts and Sim City 4 as daily deals when there are only 6 spots? Darksiders a lot more expensive than on Amazon? Dishonored more expensive than on a tiny-ass UK store? FEAR again? Vintage Tom Clancy games again?
    Complain much? Buy the game elsewhere instead of moaning about it.

Is this all people do, let's complain about a sale not being a big enough discount, this defines entitlement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Pointing out bad deals is no longer accepted?
    Steam falls short of their own standard. The publishers are at fault, but that doesn't make it any better.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Pointing out bad deals is no longer accepted?
    Steam falls short of their own standard. The publishers are at fault, but that doesn't make it any better.
    You say that on day 2 of 16-17 days of sales, yes brilliant deduction. Your original remark remains asinine.

Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 is €2.49. Is it worth that? Playable without controller? I'd like me a modern-themed arcadeish plane-shooter.

Has anyone have working email notifications of wish list items in the sale? Dishonored and other things today should have triggered it but nothing on the IOS mobile version with notifications definitely turned on, and nothing on PC though I can't figure if there's an option there to opt in-or-out, the click through from the front page just goes to a help page with picture of how it works and there's nothing I can see in Steam Preferences.

Man like I need prompts to go look at the Steam Sale page more often in my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Has anyone have working email notifications of wish list items in the sale? Dishonored and other things today should have triggered it but nothing on the IOS mobile version with notifications definitely turned on, and nothing on PC though I can't figure if there's an option there to opt in-or-out, the click through from the front page just goes to a help page with picture of how it works and there's nothing I can see in Steam Preferences.

Man like I need prompts to go look at the Steam Sale page more often in my day.
    I got emails from Steam all right.

Network Hub
    No its awful avoid like the plague.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Is H.A.W.X. (ugh, just TYPING that) the one with air-drifting? If so, no, it's not good.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I must admit to finding this sale...lacking. I enjoyed last year's event. The multitude of games on the front page. This...feels...mundane in comparison. I still appreciate the deals. It just feels off.

Activated Node
    Yeah this is not a short term sale, shit will be going on for the next week and a half. It is a bit of a bummer, in the past the first few days of the sales were usually crazy.

I also feel that due to the nature of places like greenman gaming often having good prices on new games I don't have a lot of games that I really want to purchase. I already got my hands on all the new stuff I wanted. As soon a chilvary goes on daily sale I am all over that shit though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    My thoughts:
    F.E.A.R. - Played 1, its expansions and 2. I thought the gun-play in 1 is some of the most satisfying gun-play I've ever enjoyed, particularly going slow-motion with its shotgun. Unfortunately, it does look a bit dated. 2 looks better, but the gun-play isn't quite as satisfying. Can easily recommend both though. Ignore/laugh at the plot, but good fun all round. Haven't played 3.
    Psychonauts - Wonderful action/adventure title, with brilliant characters and dialogue. Extremely good fun.
    Darksiders - Granted, cheaper on Amazon.US. The first is a great action-adventure title in the vein of Zelda, with a successful blend of different game mechanics. Good story, gets better as it goes along. 2 is mechanically superior to the first, but it's story isn't anywhere near as good and in that sense is underwhelming. Additional mechanics don't necessarily add more, but they don't directly detract from the core game. 1 is definitely recommended, 2 if you like the series (but don't pin your hopes on this).
    Torchlight - Don't buy 1, it's out-dated now. 2 is a fantastic ARPG, good visuals, brilliant score and great game-play. First ARPG I've really thrown myself into.

Tempted by:
    Sim City 4 - Because I hear it's good (with mods) and the new one has thoroughly depressing features. I still won't get this, but it's nice to know it still exists.