Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Warning to anyone looking to buy the Tom Clancy Franchise Pack. Get them all separately.

Price of individual games: $64.81
    Bundle cost: $67.99
    Except Double Agent, avoid on pain of disappointment! And hawx, Rainbow Six Lockdown, ghost recon advanced war fighter 1&2, dreadful broken things.

The rest of the games all have individual merit,however Vegas 2's final levels are monstrously terrible and the ending has some of the worst of narrative I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing(still a great coop manshoot) .
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 21-12-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Bummer, I wanted the metagames back.

Me neither, not until the backlog.
    After saying that, there is 20 hours left on the 33% off pre-orfer of Scribblenaughts... no!!! I have to RESIST!

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    After saying that, there is 20 hours left on the 33% off pre-orfer of Scribblenaughts... no!!! I have to RESIST!
    It will be 75% off in Amazon (24th - 26th)
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Do NOT buy Scribblenauts!
    I know this is intended to be for Steam sales, but a heads up, Tony, the Amazon guy, said they'll have it for 75% off 12/24 to 12/26. And apparently the key is "region free", so to speak.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...oz08?context=3

Edit: ASGHAAOJFOJAFJ freck. That's what I get for spending so long tracking the source of the deal, damnit =(

Lol! Sorry about that.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by motherpuncher View Post
    I also feel that due to the nature of places like greenman gaming often having good prices on new games I don't have a lot of games that I really want to purchase.
    Yeah, a few years ago, Steam was basically *the* place to go for digital downloads. So you went crazy at this time of year because otherwise you'd have to pay full price until the Summer Sale came around. Nowadays, there's always some sale running at some site--I find myself purchasing much of my stuff at Amazon these days.
    It's probably good news for my wallet, but not as crazy exciting as it used to be on Steam Sale days.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    It will be 75% off in Amazon (24th - 26th)
    Welp...guess I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Kind of tempted by GRFS for single player and co-op (possibly) only, not interested in another online shooter of mans. Can anyone shake some sense into me? If it has any true tactical element to it I'll probably enjoy it, I mean it can't be much worse than Sniper Elite V2, can it? Not that that game was bad, but it wasn't great and I loved it anyway. £15 is more than I'd like to spend but I've noticed Ubisoft's prices are quite robust. Any DRM?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Kind of tempted by GRFS for single player and co-op (possibly) only, not interested in another online shooter of mans. Can anyone shake some sense into me? If it has any true tactical element to it I'll probably enjoy it, I mean it can't be much worse than Sniper Elite V2, can it? Not that that game was bad, but it wasn't great and I loved it anyway. £15 is more than I'd like to spend but I've noticed Ubisoft's prices are quite robust. Any DRM?
    Did you enjoy Splinter Cell Conviction and/or Rainbow Six Vegas?

Its really rather a mashup of the 2 games more than it is a Ghost Recon.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I think it's Uplay.

I think the game is ok, but the first level is a big silly scriptfest, it gets a bit better and focuses on being a bit Call of Duty at times, it's nice to be able to play silently or have a decent shooter though without too many 'GO LOUD' moments. 15 pounds is probably a bit much if you're not interested though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Did you enjoy Splinter Cell Conviction and/or Rainbow Six Vegas?
    I probably shouldn't admit this here, but... I actually kind of did. Not the campaigns though, but I did get some fun out of the Deniable Ops in SC:C and I still enjoy Terrorist Hunts in R6V2 from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    15 pounds is probably a bit much if you're not interested though.
    That's the problem, I'm interested, I'm just unsure. I've heard it was pretty poor at launch but Ubisoft said it would be patched, but I can't find any info on the state of the game now. I don't know how much there is to do for a single player (I'm concerned that the multiplayer modes either are or will soon be dead), as I said above I got more enjoyment out of the non-campaign single player modes in SC:C and R6V2, and if there's just the campaign and a horde mode I probably won't get £15 of enjoyment out of it. I just can't decide!

Thanks chaps, by the way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I probably shouldn't admit this here, but... I actually kind of did. Not the campaigns though, but I did get some fun out of the Deniable Ops in SC:C and I still enjoy Terrorist Hunts in R6V2 from time to time.

That's the problem, I'm interested, I'm just unsure. I've heard it was pretty poor at launch but Ubisoft said it would be patched, but I can't find any info on the state of the game now. I don't know how much there is to do for a single player (I'm concerned that the multiplayer modes either are or will soon be dead), as I said above I got more enjoyment out of the non-campaign single player modes in SC:C and R6V2, and if there's just the campaign and a horde mode I probably won't get £15 of enjoyment out of it. I just can't decide!

Rainbow Vegas 2 is one of the best co-op games I've played, it wasn't perfect but the customization of your dudes was fun. And welcome to the " People who like conviction" club. We're pretty small. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar

I'm basically in the same boat. I decided to hold off on it (more like a sub 10 buck game for me). But if you do decide you want it, give me a shout. I can help you pay in USD instead of squiggly british people moneys.

And yeah, I also loved the Vegases and Conviction. Hell, Conviction is my second favorite Splinter Cell (after Chaos Theory).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Already spent 99€ on Planetside2 and 60€ on a new mouse. I think I have enough.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Already spent 99€ on Planetside2 and 60€ on a new mouse. I think I have enough.
    But Planet Side 2 is free. What did you do bro?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Rainbow Vegas 2 is one of the best co-op games I've played, it wasn't perfect but the customization of your dudes was fun. And welcome to the " People who like conviction" club. We're pretty small. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I'm basically in the same boat. I decided to hold off on it (more like a sub 10 buck game for me). But if you do decide you want it, give me a shout. I can help you pay in USD instead of squiggly british people moneys.

And yeah, I also loved the Vegases and Conviction. Hell, Conviction is my second favorite Splinter Cell (after Chaos Theory).
    (Assumed) Mans after my own heart. So is it cheaper for you people who don't like the letter 'u' as much as we do? I've noticed it's $14.99 on Amazon US so I might grab it from there maybe.

Edit: Kinda sorta bought the Deluxe Edition... I'm a sucker for an M14. Bloody Ubisoft.
    Last edited by neema_t; 22-12-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Activated Node
    I have a question. It is somewhat related to the steam sale.

Well, I bought the massive Warhammer - Dawn of war pack, that includes all the games in the series. But since I got the first Dawn of war already, they excluded that game from the pack. So how does this work? Is it even legal? I mean, I'm guessing here that I'am actually paying a price that they have put together dependending on all the games invidual price? Shouldn't the pack at least get cheaper if they exclude stuff from it? It just feels strange. I was expecting to get a giftable copy, but nope.. that game was just gone.

Is it because we are "renting" games nowadays since the user thingy update a couple of months ago?

Should have at least given you a gift option. Odd.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    It's mentioned in the ToS or something that already owned games in a bundle aren't provided as gifts unless the offer explicitly states they are. The same applies for discounts.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrophy View Post
    To everyone waiting for dishonored to drop in price, the answer is, "NO!" Unfortunately it came out two months ago and $30 is the best you are going to see right now. I will say that it is officially my favorite single player game of all time (bought it at release and poured many hours into it) and is definitely worth $30. It is on the shorter side, but the quality is just superb.
    I got it on GameFly.uk for £12 a while ago (which is about $19.5 or 15€):

• Dishonored (PC)
    £11.99 26/11/2012

Apparently it's also part of this: http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-BETHES...lection-bundle for 28 $/€ and there's even a Code to lower the Price: 5% Off Code IAMANELDERGEEK

Brink Complete Pack
    Dishonored™
    DOOM 3 BFG Edition
    Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
    Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
    Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
    RAGE
    Rogue Warrior
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Although I haven't been able to reach the site since it's been hammered pretty hard because of it for the past few hours.
    Last edited by Dexter; 22-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.