Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 585
  1. #161
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehenkie View Post
    Condemned: Criminal Origins is worth picking up if you would like to try a horror game that constantly and consistently makes you feel like you're in the wrong place. The story is pretty whack, but the combat mechanics and atmosphere well make up for it. I haven't really played any games that give me a similar feeling of unease bar Amnesia.
    It's a good game but the whole "forensic investigation" thing jars slightly with the modus operandii of 'beat everyone you meet to death with the heaviest object to hand'

    Part of you is 'investigating' - but most of you is weighing-up fire axes against lead pipes - slightly odd, I thought...

  2. #162
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Squiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    3,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    An excellent way of summing up my (amongst my friends) infamous reticence to play multiplayer games more regularly than once or twice a month. Feels like a chore.
    Which is no issue with Cyanide's BB. You can play BB perfectly fine on a match-to-match basis without any kind of schedule. We've even got an excellent community here on RPS, check out the Challenge League thread if you want a match every now and then.

    Concerning single player BB: The basic rule-set isn't too complex but implementing an AI that can play at eye level with a human would be a nightmare - which probably is the reason it never happened. No excuse for marketing the game as a single player experience, of course.

  3. #163
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,825
    Ooh, Fly'n showed up in the flash deals last night. I encourage anyone who likes nice things to get it.

    And Zeno Clash is 90% off. Again. There's really not much of a reason left not to get this little oddball brawler.

    Excuse me, I'm probably going to be like this every Steam sale, telling people what semi-obscure games to buy while getting none myself.

  4. #164
    Lesser Hivemind Node johnki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    736
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14311/?snr=1_5_9__403

    I'm tempted. I still don't even own AVWW1. How's AVWW2? Looks kind of interesting. Like the original mixed with a TBS.

  5. #165
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14311/?snr=1_5_9__403

    I'm tempted. I still don't even own AVWW1. How's AVWW2? Looks kind of interesting. Like the original mixed with a TBS.
    That's a deeply dishonest promotion on Steam's part. AVWW2 is free to anyone that owns AVWW1, period.

  6. #166
    Lesser Hivemind Node johnki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    That's a deeply dishonest promotion on Steam's part. AVWW2 is free to anyone that owns AVWW1, period.
    I think the thing is - with Steam, AVWW1 and AVWW2 are separate entities in their system. AVWW1 has been removed from sale alone and been replaced with that, which is currently the same price as AVWW1 was.

    Given I understand that much, I don't see a problem with it. You're buying licenses for two games (even if one is free with the other) and, as such, there is a bundle of two licenses for sale.

    Anyways, how is AVWW2?

  7. #167
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,072
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    That's a deeply dishonest promotion on Steam's part. AVWW2 is free to anyone that owns AVWW1, period.
    Ask yourself how you KNOW it was down to Steam (Valve) and not Arcen to promote it that way...

  8. #168
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,285
    For those not sure if they should ever get Mirrors Edge one of the billion times it's discounted... http://youtu.be/cOL1p2FK_-A

  9. #169
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Ask yourself how you KNOW it was down to Steam (Valve) and not Arcen to promote it that way...
    Because Arcen have been up front about the entire thing from the beginning, and one need only look at basically anything they've written on the topic to get the situation clarified. That, and because it's not promoted that way in Arcen's store, or any other store on which the game is present.

  10. #170
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,072
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Because Arcen have been up front about the entire thing from the beginning, and one need only look at basically anything they've written on the topic to get the situation clarified. That, and because it's not promoted that way in Arcen's store, or any other store on which the game is present.
    You still don't know that it's purely Steam/Valve who've decided to promote it that way - you're just assuming based on your view of those 2 companies.

    I assume once it's released that the games will be separate purchases (or that AVWW1 will be discontinued or whatever) so it's not entirely dishonest anyway (for all we know, the 'free' offer will have a cutoff - perhaps it's even passed?)

    Your assumption is simply "I don't like Steam/Valve and so they MUST be the badguys" - you don't KNOW and even if the odds are in your favour, you don't KNOW that.

  11. #171
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    That's a deeply dishonest promotion on Steam's part. AVWW2 is free to anyone that owns AVWW1, period.
    How is it dishonest? It doesn't claim to be an exclusive offer, the offer text on the AVWW2 page says: "Purchase the original "A Valley Without Wind" on Steam, receive "A Valley Without Wind 2" when it launched in February and immediate access to the ongoing beta!"


    I can see the argument that 2 is actually more of just an update to 1, and not a real sequel, hence buying either one getting you the other for free, but that's hardly Steam's fault. They didn't put the '2' on the end, Arcen did.

  12. #172
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    it's not promoted that way in Arcen's store, or any other store on which the game is present.
    http://sites.fastspring.com/arcengam...nd?action=adds
    Arcen's store lists it as "A Valley Without Wind 1 & 2". Deeply dishonest on their part too then?

  13. #173
    Picked up Quantum Conundrum for $5 on the flash deal. Started it up and immediately "hey, John de Lancie, cool!" Having a lot of fun with it so far.

  14. #174
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    814
    Bit weird with the 'community choice' thing; the winner is never shown for me. I think I got a glimpse of the Walking Dead when the page reloaded, but it's only 25% off rather than 61% the vote said.

  15. #175
    Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Bit weird with the 'community choice' thing; the winner is never shown for me. I think I got a glimpse of the Walking Dead when the page reloaded, but it's only 25% off rather than 61% the vote said.

    It should be 50% off.

    The 61% was referring to how many people voted for it.

  16. #176
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    It should be 50% off.
    yeah, it's changed for me too.

    The 61% was referring to how many people voted for it.
    oh. I did think it was an odd number.

  17. #177
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I assume once it's released that the games will be separate purchases (or that AVWW1 will be discontinued or whatever) so it's not entirely dishonest anyway (for all we know, the 'free' offer will have a cutoff - perhaps it's even passed?)
    Nope, AVWW2 will now and forever be free to anyone that buys AVWW1. The only possibility you raise that might actually happen is that AVWW1 might be discontinued at some point in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    http://sites.fastspring.com/arcengam...nd?action=adds
    Arcen's store lists it as "A Valley Without Wind 1 & 2". Deeply dishonest on their part too then?
    No, because that's what it is. They aren't listing separate prices and implying some massive discount. Look again at the Steam page, which implies the regular price would be $40 for this package. That's simply not true. We call Gamersgate on this kind of "inflate it then discount it" crap when they pull it, why does Steam get a pass?
    Last edited by vinraith; 23-12-2012 at 04:47 PM.

  18. #178
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Except Double Agent, avoid on pain of disappointment! And hawx, Rainbow Six Lockdown, ghost recon advanced war fighter 1&2, dreadful broken things.

    The rest of the games all have individual merit,however Vegas 2's final levels are monstrously terrible and the ending has some of the worst of narrative I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing(still a great coop manshoot) .



    Avoid Lockdown,Double Agent,Vegas 1/2,Conviction.. On other hand both GRAW are pretty good,never had problems with them,also put allot of time in to GRAW 2 online/coop. On other hand Lockdown is piss on R6 franchise,same with both Vegas games,they play nothing like R6,Double Agent is good game buuut port is awful,then Conviction,decent port bad game.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

  19. #179
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kaira-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oulu, Finland
    Posts
    965
    Vegas 2 was great in co-op at highest difficulty (despite the boss-fight being what it is) and when playing terrorist hunt, so if you can pick that up cheap-o it's a great deal IMO.

  20. #180
    Lesser Hivemind Node johnki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    No, because that's what it is. They aren't listing separate prices and implying some massive discount. Look again at the Steam page, which implies the regular price would be $40 for this package. That's simply not true. We call Gamersgate on this kind of "inflate it then discount it" crap when they pull it, why does Steam get a pass?
    That $40 thing is the 4-pack. It's a Steam glitch that happens a lot. Not just there.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •