Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by StashAugustine View Post
    Sid Meier's Gettysburg. I'm pretty sure it's Firaxis' first game. Played it all the time when I was younger, but now it's nowhere to be found.
    Me too, an awesome game.

Sid Meier's Antietam would be nice to see as well.

Would be even better if someone made an upgraded version with more features and tactical depth.

Activated Node
    Not that obscure but I'd like to see Battlezone and BZ2 available on GOG.

I would be interesting in playing a bit Merchant Prince.

It was a old turn-based strategy game, which was released at the time of Civilization II I think (more or less). Its was quite similar to Civilization I, but with an original concept : you were not a country or kingdom, but a faction of venitian merchants. Your goal consisted in making money (by trade or pillage) and ruling the city of Venise (you could bribe the senators or the pope), whereas your concurrents were other venitian merchants.

I've played it only a few hours, but this game has always interested me (ideally in a more modern version, at least for the controls)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Thought of another one that I had a hard time finding a while back: The Dark Eye.

Horror-adventure with straight translation of Edgar Allen Poe stories, clay mannequins and William S. Burroughs providing voice work. Of note he narrated, not without some struggle, Annabel Lee. I should really grab an ebay copy sometime. The cubist Masque of Red Death segment looks particularly sumptuous:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Obscure Node
    Got nothing new to add but would like to make a large noise of agreement to:
    No One Lives Forever 1 and 2
    Heretic II
    and Severance. Warm fuzzy memories.

Not obscure in the slightest, but old:

Diablo 1. I think it was and is the best in the series, but the thing can't be found from DD services, physical copy costs around 20 pounds and good luck trying to get it to run on Windows 7.

Dark Earth from 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post

Diablo 1. I think it was and is the best in the series, but the thing can't be found from DD services, physical copy costs around 20 pounds and good luck trying to get it to run on Windows 7.
    Well you'd quit anyway after remembering that you can't run in the game. And remember where the witch is located? That ain't cool these days.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post

About Diablo 1, if it's about the colours, there is this http://blog.macuyiko.com/p/palettestealersuspender.html. It fixes DirectDraw games, like AOE2 and Diablo is listed there.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamestatistics View Post

It was a old turn-based strategy game, which was released at the time of Civilization II I think (more or less). Its was quite similar to Civilization I, but with an original concept : you were not a country or kingdom, but a faction of venitian merchants. Your goal consisted in making money (by trade or pillage) and ruling the city of Venise (you could bribe the senators or the pope), whereas your concurrents were other venitian merchants.

I've played it only a few hours, but this game has always interested me (ideally in a more modern version, at least for the controls)
    From the sound of it, you may want to investigate Crusader Kings 2's Republic DLC.

Earthbound! I think it might be available on the Nintendo marketplace now, but I'd much rather have that shit on XBL!

Oh I have to agree about Gex but enter the Gecko in 2D, played it on the 3do quite alot. Very nice and different graphic style.

Is "Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-earth 1 & 2" available digitally?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Network Hub
    One I'd definitely like to see is Heart of Darkness.
    Was one of my favourite games when I was little. Puzzles and brutal player killing in a child's game, what's not to love?

This game was rated E for Everyone.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Is "Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-earth 1 & 2" available digitally?
    I've been searching, but haven't found anywhere you can purchase a download copy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnox View Post
    One I'd definitely like to see is Heart of Darkness.
    Was one of my favourite games when I was little. Puzzles and brutal player killing in a child's game, what's not to love?

This game was rated E for Everyone.
    Meh. Skimmed the video, doesn't look any worse than the Crash Bandicoot games.

Of course, by today's standards, even the mention of the word "death" bumps you up to T...
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamestatistics View Post

I remember that game. Played many hours at the time. Maybe you should check the Patrician series if you are interested in the comercial aspect or, as Fanbuoy commented before, Crusader Kings II with the Republic expansion if you are more into politics - although I remember the game mostly as a trade simulation.

Network Hub
    Yeah, I guess Heretic II is obscure enough to qualify in this thread. Me too, I would love to see this game back to life. I got my copy in 1999 and it was just a few years ago that I stopped playing it after my old P4 PC died on me. I guess I find time to play with it next week and relive those old but familiar feelings... I was 14 when I first played it.

I'd like to play Terra Nova:Strike Force Centauri again. It'd probably shatter my thick, short sighted rose tinted glasses trying, but I have fond memories of it. A looking Glass classic. Seeing as how it was obscure back when it was released, I don't suppose there's much chance of it returning (let alone who actually owns the rights to it now).

its not obscure, but why isnt homeworld available anywhere?