Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Escape Velocity: Nova. Not that old or obscure but needs to be available at a realistic price. $30 is not realistic!
    Oni is another, I think that's old enough to qualify.

Then, of course, all the SCUMM games like Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle... At least we have The Dig and that Indiana Jones game I've never played, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    The full version of Hardwar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardwar_(video_game)

I bought a copy from some digital download site for peanuts, however it has the game but not the soundtrack (which was all Warp records artists).
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    The Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post

I bought a copy from some digital download site for peanuts, however it has the game but not the soundtrack (which was all Warp records artists).
    Wow. That sounds fantastic. I was vaguely familiar with the game, but i had no idea that the likes of Autechre were on the soundtrack. I'm suddenly very interested. So, is the DotEmu version (available here) the one you're talking about?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    How about Front Lines?
    Last edited by Fumarole; 21-12-2012 at 05:01 AM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

King of Dragon Pass needs to see a GOG or at least a Steam release but only way to get a copy as far as I know is paying the devs 25 bucks get a burned copy off their website.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    King of Dragon Pass needs to see a GOG or at least a Steam release but only way to get a copy as far as I know is paying the devs 25 bucks get a burned copy off their website.
    King of Dragon Pass did get a GOG release. Even better, it's on sale right now for $2.99.

...you're welcome.

A few months back I would've said Bioforge, but since this suddenly appeared on GoG some time ago, I'm gonna go with Sim Ant.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quarantine 1 and 2. Quarantine 2 was one of those games I played the demo for ages ago, then was certain, years later, I had dreamed the whole thing.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    ottle, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle... At least we have The Dig and that Indiana Jones game I've never played, though.
    I've never understood why Lucasarts releases "The Dig" and "Indian Jones" on steam, but not "Sam and MAx," "Full Throttle," and "Day of the Tentacle." Do they not have the rights for those games anymore, or something?

Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    King of Dragon Pass did get a GOG release. Even better, it's on sale right now for $2.99.

...you're welcome.
    Oh. Nevermind then. I can get that shit for cheap now!

I played a demo of an RTS called Stalingrad a few years ago. I don't think it's on GOG
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Usual preface about this probably not being obscure*, but I'm surprised Jeff Wayne's Computer Game Version of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds is so damn hard to find. I'd been led to believe it only got a sort of failed semi-release and was in a buggy unfinished state, but recent YouTube clips have made it seem a bit lovely, and I was surprised by the sheer amount of comments looking back on it with fondness, complete with casual dialogue recital of the type that only really happens when you spend a lot of time with a game.

I've managed to nab a copy of the soundtrack, which I'll admit was my main impetus for tracking the game down (one of my favourite albums, morphed into late-90s videogame music - pretty much describes how I write songs, actually), but I'd still like to play the game someday.

*I love how we're all scared of being the person who excitedly tells of a weird old obscure indie band they've discovered called 'The Beatles'
    Last edited by Gwilym; 21-12-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post

that was a fantastic game for the time. I spent hours on this game and Forsaken. Joystick 3D games were the awesome :)
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Escape Velocity: Nova. Not that old or obscure but needs to be available at a realistic price. $30 is not realistic!
    I am a person who more or less only buys discount games, and never that many. I would say Nove is worth the 30 dollar price tag. Then again, I was lucky enough that my brother shared his key with me. Lots of replayability, and escape velocity (the first) was one of the very first games i played on a PC. (The others would be Alex Kidd in Miracle World and the Zelda Game & Watch). I might be a slight bit too attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I've never understood why Lucasarts releases "The Dig" and "Indian Jones" on steam, but not "Sam and MAx," "Full Throttle," and "Day of the Tentacle." Do they not have the rights for those games anymore, or something?
    I don't know about the others, but i'm fairly sure that Steve Purcell, not Lucasarts, owns the rights for Sam & Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    I'm not sure it's all that obscure but I really wish Heretic 2 would get a chance to resurface at some point.
    Aaah man, I loved Heretic. I loved the art style, the levels and the weapons. A remake in that same style would be great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I'm going to say Trickstyle, a hoverboard racing game. Never seen it anywhere.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

(My reply from the last time somebody asked)
    Here's one everyone forgot: Albion. The sort-of-Ultima VII-style Blue Byte RPG from '96.

Incredible art direction and worldbuilding, used both overhead and FPS view, an interesting battle mechanic, and a wild storyline. Anyone playing it today would probably think of James Cameron's Avatar first, but there's more to the plot than meets the eye... :-) If you can get it, play it! DOSBox should run it just fine.
    Worth noting: Albion had a huge demo, it was the entire first chapter of the game. You can get a really good taste of the game... but I can't find it anywhere online. Some torrent site maybe?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KillahMate View Post
    You can get a really good taste of the game... but I can't find it anywhere online. Some torrent site maybe?
    Try here. It has the full game. *Link removed because of doubts*
    Last edited by somini; 22-12-2012 at 12:58 AM.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Try here.
    Please don't link to piracy. Do that in a PM if you must
    Last edited by gundato; 23-12-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.