Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    " It doesn't have realistic 3D graphics or a big character menu like modern games, but Albion does have its own charm."

Haha and i hoped that it have a big character menu! :x

Otherwise looks nice for such an oldie.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Please don't link to piracy. Do that in a PM if you must

Erm,what piracy ? He linked to the abandonware site.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Please don't link to piracy. Do that in a PM if you must
    Abandonia is not exactly piracy, but anyway.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Abandonware doesn't exist. It is just a term pirates have used to justify said piracy. And it definitely serves a great purpose, but not all sites are great about taking down a game the moment it becomes available for sale again (and many have spoken out against GoG for idiotic reasons). And either way, it is still piracy.

So please don't link to said piracy websites.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Abandonware doesn't exist. It is just a term pirates have used to justify said piracy. And it definitely serves a great purpose, but not all sites are great about taking down a game the moment it becomes available for sale again (and many have spoken out against GoG for idiotic reasons). And either way, it is still piracy.

So please don't link to said piracy websites.
    I removed the linked, since it's a grey area. Won't happen again.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Haha someone is sensitive :D

Obscure Node
    Yoot Tower with all the Japan only expansions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoot_Tower

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Link as you please unless a mod tells you not to.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Last night another old acquintance came to my head that certainly ticks the obscure box - a click-and-point adventure called Orion Burger from the late-90s. The plot of the game was that a group of aliens wish to turn humans into meat for intergalactic burgers and abduct the player character to test whether mankind is intelligent enough to avoid such fate. The player flunks the difficult test and is sent back to Earth to await our species' fate, but hijinks ensue and the player gets trapped in a Groundhog Day -style one hour loop, endlessly repeating the hour before the abduction and the test and getting the chance to save the world through that. I remember the puzzles being rather good and the Groundhog Day loop element was executed really well, but I never completed the game for one reason or another and would love to go back to it someday.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Not sure how obscure some of these are but...

It'd be great to see Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.^2 show back up.

And No One Lives Forever 1+2.

And versions of the original Exile games that work for modern systems and aren't also part of the Avernum series would be nice.

And it'd be nice to Stubbs the Zombie come back.

And I am still not sure what's going on with the Dark Horizons series. But DH: Lore was awsome and I'd love to see it make a comeback somehow.

And the Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force series was great and hasn't been seen in a while.

Oh, Star Trek: Klingon Honor Guard was great. I keep hoping that'll show up on GOG.

And Oni! Man, I cannot find Oni anywhere anymore. I loved that game, but I never finished it since I only ever rented it way back when.

OH! And all those Freeverse games that randomly faded into obscurity. WingNuts, Solace, Kill Monty...those.

And Bad Milk...that game REALLY disappeared into obscurity. I think I couldn't get the demo to work way back when so I passed it over, but apparently it was a really unique experience. It is probably one of the rarest indie games ever made now.

And freaking Escape From Monkey Island. I would have thought it would have shown back up, along with the original versions of the others, given they remade the first two.

And Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb has "been there" for a while now, but it'd be nice to see a fresh re-release on GOG or something.

And I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. Man. I never got to play it, but it sounds really good and I'd love a chance to actually play it.

And the first Tribal Trouble. It still exists, but it's a bit obscure now. It was a quirky, interesting strategy game that deserved a bit more.

And Andromeda Online. Been waiting on 2.0 for forever. :P

And that's all I can think of...for now. :P

Activated Node
    If you didn't know, you can vote for the games you wish to see on GOG

Quote Originally Posted by Sotto Voce View Post
    If you didn't know, you can vote for the games you wish to see on GOG
    THAT DOESN'T MAKE SYSTEM SHOCK 2 SHOW UP ANY FASTER!

GOG'S BEEN TEASING US SINCE THEY RELEASED COLONIZATION (check the bottom left screenshot)!

But yeah, you can vote and hope that the rights holders want to do business with GOG.

The GoG voting is really there for two reasons:
    1. It lets them know there are people who MIGHT purchase a title
    2. It lessens the number of "OH MAH GAWD I WANT THIS" threads on their forums
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Wow. That sounds fantastic. I was vaguely familiar with the game, but i had no idea that the likes of Autechre were on the soundtrack. I'm suddenly very interested. So, is the DotEmu version (available here) the one you're talking about?
    Yeah that's the one I have. It was one of those games I kind of wanted when it came out, but didn't have the money for (student dayz) but always stuck in my mind. Soundtrack with it would be awesome though.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    don't let him bully you. he's got an inner ear problem that makes him grumpy.

Obscure Node
    IŽd like to see Patton Strikes Back (the way it showed real stories of the battle of the Bulge while playing was nice) and Sword of the Samurai (somewhat of and old Crusader Kings with a lot more action) appear somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    don't let him bully you. he's got an inner ear problem that makes him grumpy.
    Know what's the most funny about this? somini removed the link, but it's still there on Gundato's quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Know what's the most funny about this? somini removed the link, but it's still there on Gundato's quote.
    Whoopsies. Thought I cut it all out. Thanks

And deepest apologies if I somehow offended someone by requesting people not link to piracy.

Network Hub
    I'll third or fourth, or however many we're up to, when it comes to Oni. I remember that game being a lot of fun when it first came out. I also remember it having some weird controls too, but I can get over that just to start jumping around and punching/kicking people's faces in again. Being able to do that is why, despite the game itself being a bit buggy and mediocre on the whole, I loved Enter the Matrix on my PS2.

Speaking of Enter the Matrix(which I'd consider obscure as most people have forgotten about it), it would be nice if I could get a copy of that for PC so long as it wasn't in worse shape than the PS2 version was. Cheating my way to infinite bullet time/health/ammo and fighting an agent or two in slo-mo was never not fun.

Red Alert 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty Pete View Post
    Red Alert 2.
    You're not doing it right.