Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Moonrise Kingdom - The film equivalent of a Calvin and Hobbes strip, with a hefty dose of bittersweet childhood romance.
    This is probably my fauvorite from this year, and one of the best movies I ever seen. Wes Anderson is a genius.

Others:
    On The Road - adaptation of cult book with the same title. It's very good adaptation, although with a little different feelieng.

7 Psychopats - great comedy/drama with greatest idea for "last gunfight" and awesome cast - Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson, Christopher Walken and Tom Waits.

The Raid - I somewhat hate this movie, because it makes all action sequences from other movies looks very sloppy and uninteresing.

Paranorman - great stop motion animation with vibe of old horror movies.

Frankenweenie
    - as above, lol. I was kinda not sure about this, because Tim Burton commited that horrible Alice In Wonderland (oh god, I hate this movie so much, I want burn all traces of it, and then launch it ashes in space) earlier.

The Dark Knight Rises
    - not as good as pervious, but hey it's a GODDAMN BATMAN.

I still didn't see Hobbit, but I'm more curious about that 48 FPS technology than movie itself.

Hmm, I think I missed something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    The Raid - I somewhat hate this movie, because it makes all action sequences from other movies looks very sloppy and uninteresing.
    True that. I tried watching the latest Universal Soldier and I fell asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    True that. I tried watching the latest Universal Soldier and I fell asleep.
    That good, huh? I hope there'll be a DVD release. I one of those poor sods who missed it...
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    That good, huh? I hope there'll be a DVD release. I one of those poor sods who missed it...
    I would've thought it would be easy to find over there, considering Indonesia is just across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I would've thought it would be easy to find over there, considering Indonesia is just across the pond.
    Yeah, sure. Some dudes in the mall nearby sell the cinema-recorded releases in around 3 three bucks there after a month of its showing. But seriously, I just want to look for an original release and I'm not sure whether it's sold here already
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I know what I missed. It's... Lawless!
    One of the best gangster movie ever made, I think. Great cast - Tom Hardy, Guy Pierce, GARY OLDMAN (and he is gunning down some mobsters with fecking TOMMYGUN), great music and somewhat unusual plot for a gangster movie.

How awesome is that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Oh my men there are better gangster movies for sure,but it was good.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I saw Dredd last night in 3D and on a huge screen. Best New Year's party ever. It's a simplistic movie but every element of it is perfect. The story is a fun adventure, delivering just the right amount of twists, humour and "fuck yeah" moments. Karl Urban plays a fantastic Dredd and all the cast is solid. I love the industrial score and this song.

The visual presentation is fascinating. It's a strange mix of gritty futuristic tech and shitty Jo'burg slums, vehicles and items. In one scene Dredd chases an old Volkswagen van, in the next you see a building so big it's basically a city-state. A dude takes a photo with the least futuristic phone ever conceived and then you see a cyborg.
    The 3D has excellent depth and composition. The slo-mo scenes steal the show, they're pure movie magic. The colour and saturation tweaks in these scenes are wonderful. I especially like how water and blood look like diamonds and rubies.

Such a shame this movie bombed! At least I have an excuse for not seeing it - it wasn't even distributed here. I'll buy a Blu-Ray for myself and will watch it many, many times.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I said "ONE OF" not "THE BEST". :d

Obscure Node
    The Dark Knight Rises (obviously)

Moonrise Kingdom is probably my favorite movie this year that didn't have Batman in it.