Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just hoard my cash Probably will spend it on daily discounts or something. I was planning to buy some gear that can only be bought with SC, but the NC helmets etc. look terribly ugly. Yes, and I don't like skulls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Got 6k SC, saving it til feb when I get the net back. Hopefully I'll be able to make some more informed decisions on what to spend it on then.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I'm planning on buying something for my (VS) MAX (AI and AV secondaries, already have 2nd burster, most likely also getting the armor. Looks badass ) and maybe Liberator. Can someone give me an advice on those?
    Well, for AI, the Nebula seems a good choice. Fast fire rate, fast reload, seems good for clearing rooms.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Nebula is good. Bought Blueshift since I tend to be outranged as Max very often, and headshots are quite easy to hit with Max I feel. Will try it out later.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Nebula is good. Bought Blueshift since I tend to be outranged as Max very often, and headshots are quite easy to hit with Max I feel. Will try it out later.
    Thought about that, but there is no zoom when aiming as a MAX, so I'm a bit hesitant about using a longer range gun as one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Bought 7500SC. It was €21 for it and I feel that if this was a boxed game that I bought at retail that would be a price I would pay for it.

Saron, camos and I'm going to buy some guns for my sundy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I bought a bunch of stuff with the SC I had from the Alpha Package, so am just picking up the few things that I missed that seem essential.

Namely a second burster for the max and some giraffe camo.

Things like the Dalton, A2A missiles and other stuff I'll probably also get. But I may hoard the SC I've got for the deals; they tend to come around often and change regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    If it makes you feel better Flash Fury is actually on my to buy list.
    After using it for a bit, you could spend on worse. I actually went on to try everything and ended up chasing two enemy flashes. I was able to take one guy out with one shot (!) but the other guy beat me in a twisty-turny fight and got the kill. Very fun though. Felt like a proper Battl...PlanetSide 2 Moment with the chase and attack.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I'm planning on buying something for my (VS) MAX (AI and AV secondaries, already have 2nd burster, most likely also getting the armor. Looks badass ) and maybe Liberator. Can someone give me an advice on those?
    Even though Blueshift says it is longer range than Nebula the little testing I did not seem to be much difference. Plus Nebula has ten more shots. There was some difference in fire rate versus damage, can't remember which had highest fire rate now.
    The composite armor makes the MAX look much better (although again composite armor on TR or NC MAX make them look much more badass). The composite helmet though does not make much difference, hardly at all in fact.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Thank you. As I wont be buying anything AV for the max I think I will go with the Cosmos/Nebula combo.

I got giraffe everything, and I got composite armour and that new helmet for the engie. I like the look. The decals in general, are horrible, though.

Im still looking to get a golden cockpit for the lib, and I urge everyone to switch off their neon lights on proper tactical ops.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Giraffe camo, second burster for the MAX, unlocked a shotty for my Light Assault, the saron for the magrider, air guard for the lightning. Will try to preview a few more weapons before I buy anything else. Might go for a couple of vanity items, but we'll see, not too fond of non-functional items in general.

Flash Fury is pretty fun actually. Not very useful though.

By the way the Blueshift was absolute shit. Do not buy. Get the Nebula.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    am i the only one who thinks the camo looks awful?

like, i have no issue with people paying for cosmetic things (i myself have poured quite a bit of money in to ps2), but every time i see the camo it just makes me want to shoot that tr/nc even harder. harder shooting.

it also makes you /easier/ to see, in my opinion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post

like, i have no issue with people paying for cosmetic things (i myself have poured quite a bit of money in to ps2), but every time i see the camo it just makes me want to shoot that tr/nc even harder. harder shooting.

These are the exact reasons why we are using it

This weekend, Laldy will now be sporting:
    Giraffe camo, personal and vehicle (I'm not an individual),
    SV-88 LMG, Lasher, Annihilator RPG
    Saron,
    Skyguard
    2nd Burster
    New AR for Medic, and new carbine for LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post

It sets the right tone....
    "OMG, those guys don't care if we can see them, run away!"
    or even...
    OMG, those guys...that camo...IT'S RPS! run away!
    or possibly..
    "OMG, Giraffe Stampede! Run away!

SV88 any good? Still rocking Orion, didn't like the Pulsar LSW.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    SV88 any good? Still rocking Orion, didn't like the Pulsar LSW.
    I actually have been using the Flare more than anything. I like the lower firing rate/ bigger punch. No lateral recoil, so with foregrip and compensator its a very easy weapon to keep on target. I'm gonna play around with all my new toys today, be running the SV with foregrip 2x sight/ IR. I primarily got the SV for cqc, and will use the Flare for mid to longer range.

- Anti inf/sundy splash damage gun for the magrider, as well as the saron. (which means its good against armour AND infantry)
    - HE cannon for the lightning
    - Artemis scout rifle for the infiltrator (and Im loving it! For those that used it in the beta, it has a magazine upgrade for 100 certs)
    - Pandora shotgun for everyone! (loving it!)
    - second burster for my max
    - liberator golden cockpit windows (yay)
    - of course, giraffe gun/armour/vehicle camo
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."