Thread: wasteland

Activated Node

wasteland

hello guys, i love wasteland but never really have enough ppl to play it with, i was wondering if u guys had a server, official or unofficial that u used for this mission?

I've chucked it up on the smodgasboard server, so just filter for ARPS and you should see the box. Feel free to bring friends along, both mumble and TS are free to use for it, and all the box details are here (for Smod and TS, respectively. You know about the mumble server already!):

http://www.ferstaberinde.com/folk/fo...php?f=37&t=519

http://www.ferstaberinde.com/folk/fo...c.php?f=6&t=92
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Network Hub
    I'm also looking for more people to play Wasteland with but maybe in some semi-organized manner. I was hoping to get some people together, join a fairly busy server and kick some serious ass :) For now I was only playing on my own or with a couple of friends, which never turned out well.

Wasteland is good, but I hate walking for 20 minutes before getting aced by some dude camping in some bushes. It was okay in Day Z, but I just don't have that sort of time to play anymore I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Network Hub
    Well in my experience Wasteland was much faster paced than DayZ.
    There's a TON of vehicles. No matter where you spawn, you're bound to find a vehicle in about 10 min. If it's a newly spawned vehicle you're guaranteed to find a better gun in it. Because the characters aren't persistent, everything is plentiful and easy to come by.
    It takes about as long as a medium long ArmA mission to have an eventful session.

I am one of the admins that hosts the OCUK servers. Now, I am of course biased, but I have plenty of feedback saying our server is top notch :) It is always full and you have to spam join to get in, ala old DayZ servers.

Filter for OCUK to find them nice and easily. Server 1 runs easy mode, while server 2 is a bit more hardcore with no third person, except in vehicles.

Also, I would be happy to answer any questions, however http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._with_faction/ should provide a lot of quick answers.
    Last edited by Duckee; 27-01-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Network Hub
    I'll definitely check it out. I've been playing on another server before but since I had a chance to play with it's admins I learned that they like to abuse their powers. Spawning guns and teleporting because the game is 'boring' otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I'll definitely check it out. I've been playing on another server before but since I had a chance to play with it's admins I learned that they like to abuse their powers. Spawning guns and teleporting because the game is 'boring' otherwise.
    Out of interest, which server was this? I think generally the 404.games server (as in the original community run ones) are clean. Ours is also clean in that respect and any admin who does that will find himself out of the loop rather fast.

me and waffly have been wanting to play this also! :D ive been playing it alone for afew days would be niceto see peoples
    Ayam... what r u doin... Ayam! stahp!! *squish*

Network Hub
    I'm up but probably not before monday.

Network Hub
    So apparently Wasteland is running on the Arma 3 Alpha... Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDog View Post
    So apparently Wasteland is running on the Arma 3 Alpha... Just saying.
    It is also pretty lacklustre compared to the Arma2 version. Which is kinda the problem with the entire Alpha, beyond the mechanical improvement it is dull with little content.

Kudos to the 404 guys though for getting it out.

Network Hub
    Yeah, but the feel of playing Arma 3 is just. Wow. ;_;