Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Atlus announces god mode™, a dark and humorous multiplayer co-op shooter

It looks like they were inspired by Serious Sam/Painkiller.

DECEMBER 20, 2012 -- ATLUS, a brand of Index Digital Media, Inc., today announced God Mode™, a new third-person shooter set for official release in North America in early 2013 for PlayStation®Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and PC. Developed by Old School Games, a new studio working in close collaboration with Saber Interactive, God Mode brings together a visceral shoot 'em up with elements of an RPG, all set in a humorously dark view of the afterlife. Players take on the role of a descendant of an ancient god who is turned mortal when his family is banished from Mount Olympus. Each is tasked to battle through the Maze of Hades in the underworld to seek redemption and reclaim their place in the pantheon. Priced at $9.99 MSRP, God Mode fulfills Old School Games' goal of delivering high quality, low-cost downloadable titles in an effort to change people's perceptions of what digital games can truly offer.

God Mode combines non-linear gameplay, fast and frantic shooting, hordes of on-screen enemies, and stunning visuals. The game hosts a single-player mode, as well as online and offline (via LAN) co-op play with 1-4 players. In addition to accessing more than 11 different weapons for battle, players are also equipped with a special ability fueled by Rage, which is gathered by amassing kills. Players can choose from several different powers ranging from offensive, to defensive, to support; all of which can be upgraded. A series of in-game modifiers known as Tests of Faith alter gameplay on the fly and ensure that matches rarely--if ever--play out the same way twice. Each character is fully customizable, both in appearance and equipment, which evolve throughout the game. Gold and experience are accrued by players in a reward system to unlock new weapons and unique, powerful abilities, both of which have the option for further upgrades.

Trailer bellow.

Network Hub
    *sigh*

Am I the only one who would rather see a sequel to TimeShift instead of this? That game was criminally underrated

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A shooter in third person? why?. the character get in the way of the aim reticule.

Not a fan of third-person mode for shooting. Making an exception for Spec Ops The Line only because I support such risk-taking in the story and and it was on sale.

I could make another though if they have something interesting to offer in this one. But don't count on it.
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Saw a health number and got excited, but TPS and exp (so more rpg crap to shit up shooter games) so no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Saw a health number and got excited, but TPS and exp (so more rpg crap to shit up shooter games) so no thanks.
    Bulletstorm had that too. And it was brilliant.

Banned
    TPS, Fatlus, pathetic attempt at humor, from a company called... Oldchool Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Not a fan of third-person mode for shooting. Making an exception for Spec Ops The Line only because I support such risk-taking in the story and and it was on sale.

I could make another though if they have something interesting to offer in this one. But don't count on it.

Funny you play one really medicore TPS game whille there are others who are really good released from this year,and Spec Ops story is really nothing special,can't believe some people are like "Oh how it got to me.." :|

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIGS View Post
    *sigh*

Am I the only one who would rather see a sequel to TimeShift instead of this? That game was criminally underrated
    what does TimeShift have to do with Atlus??
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    According to press releases this game is "dark", "humorous", and "visceral".

Look for the next press release to highlight the game's inclusion of "health" and "ammo".
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    what does TimeShift have to do with Atlus??
    This is made by Saber Interactive, which made TimeShift

Atlus shrugged.

Someone had to do it.

That narration is so fucking trite, and the game itself doesn't look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Funny you play one really medicore TPS game whille there are others who are really good released from this year,and Spec Ops story is really nothing special,can't believe some people are like "Oh how it got to me.." :|
    More funny is how I can't think of single TPS game that's come out in the past five years that's any good. Spec Ops is only interesting because of its story, the shooting itself is bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    More funny is how I can't think of single TPS game that's come out in the past five years that's any good. Spec Ops is only interesting because of its story, the shooting itself is bland.

Max Payne 3 is one. Help me guys x|

Max Payne 3 is one. Help me guys x|
    Sure:
    Wanted, Binary Domain, Dark Void, Deus Ex HR, Just Cause 2, Mafia II, TR Underworld, Alan Wake
    Steam profile

Sure:
    Wanted, Binary Domain, Dark Void, Deus Ex HR, Just Cause 2, Mafia II, TR Underworld, Alan Wake

Oh i thought we are naming only good ones lol.

Oh i thought we are naming only good ones lol.
    wth? You suck at TPS, admit it!
    Steam profile

Sure:
    Some of those are good, or at least ok'ish, games, but none is because of their gunplay.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

wth? You suck at tps, admit it!

never!!!!!