Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Funny you play one really medicore TPS game whille there are others who are really good released from this year,and Spec Ops story is really nothing special,can't believe some people are like "Oh how it got to me.." :|
    Subjectivity strikes again! Opinions! Videogames!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Some of those are good, or at least ok'ish, games, but none is because of their gunplay.
    Choatic gunplay doesn't necessarily mean bad gunplay.

I don't know, TPS in single player is sometimes more fun. fps is too easy and 'smooth', you lose the tension. I always feel a disconnect in games like Doom 3 or COD 4 when I'm bombarded with panicked voice comms while killing everything in sight like a terminator... probably the only FPS game I've felt any real tension in was Condemned.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post

I don't know, TPS in single player is sometimes more fun. fps is too easy and 'smooth', you lose the tension. I always feel a disconnect in games like Doom 3 or COD 4 when I'm bombarded with panicked voice comms while killing everything in sight like a terminator... probably the only FPS game I've felt any real tension in was Condemned.

Ah you need to play more fps then,for example go and try SWAT 4,RvS,OGR,Project Reality etc etc,and you'll feel tension believe me.

Max Payne 3 is one. Help me guys x|
    Sure when it actually lets you play the game instead of watching it.

So then there's... Two. And both where hobbled with major flaws. Haven't played Just Cause 2, and because the Steam community decided they wanted to discount Orcs Must Die 2 instead I won't for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post

CoD 4 had one of best build-ups in a FPS I've ever seen - when you're almost to the tank in the mission "The Bog" you're moving in formation and RPGs start flying right overhead into the night. That single moment there was the CoD series' last hurrah.

And FPS games have problems with tension without being frustrating because players have practically been trained since Wolfstein 3D to just be trigger-happy and think later. It takes a team that knows exactly what they're doing to make it into something else like Condemned.
    Last edited by Shooop; 28-12-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Ah you need to play more fps then,for example go and try SWAT 4,RvS,OGR,Project Reality etc etc,and you'll feel tension believe me.
    I am not a masochist.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Finally decided to watch the video, and... god, it looks so, so BORING.
    So uninspired.

I know Atlus is only releasing this title, not developing it, but I'm still disappointed. Expected something more unique from them.