Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shattered Horizon - Worth Getting?

So, I noticed that Steam have Shattered Horizon for cheaps at the moment and wondered if any of you guys who have it know what state the servers are currently in?

Even if the servers are generally quiet/dead I'd be up for getting it if there's a small group of RPSers still playing. You know, cos we rock.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    I'm also curious. Looks to be worth $5 if it runs decently enough, anyway.
    Last edited by squareking; 25-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    steam

I just had a quick look, there was one 32 player server for newbies with about 20 people in, another much smaller server with about twelve and a few 4 player servers that were full. I don't know if the bots are counted towards the total number but I wouldn't imagine they are. thats just a quick look while the game is on sale though, I haven't played in ages so I don't know how healthy the game pop is at other times.

its a very chaotic game, very pretty too, and I was terrible at it :D but I guess I might show up so people here can kill me over and over if enough are going to buy it. with the small number of people playing you would need to have quite a few RPS readers agree on a day where we would all play for a few hours, you probably wont get a full server otherwise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    If I buy a 4-pack, are there 3 peeps who'd be interested in a copy?

Yeah, count me in on that.
    steam

Let me rephrase that: I have 3 extra copies. 2.80 each, paypal for preference. One reserved for squareking, one to J.B. if he wants it. The last one to whoever responds in the affirmative first. If J.B. decides not to bother then the next two lucky punters get 'em.

squareking - add me and we'll do this thang.

OK Col, that sounds great, thanks! Want to PM me your details or vice versa?

Contact me on Steam.

I'll do the same once I'm home from work. That's just a hair over 4 Yankeebucks, correct? I think paypal should allow me to send foreign moneys, anyway.
    steam

Yeah, paypal handles the translation for you, just select GBP in the currency box. It's $4.56 at the current rate according to goggle. If I'm not online when you get in add me and I'll get back to you as soon as I surface in the morning.

SH = CS 1.6 on 0 gravity.

Unfortunatelly, Futuremarks decision of making it dx-10 only killed any chances it had of gaining popularity. It is pretty much dead.

Perhaps an RPS Steam group is in order. Hmm... Rock, Paper, Shattered Horizon? Nah, too obvious. Rock, Paper, Space Biff? Has potential. Shattered Horace? Silly, but I like it. Any suggestions?

Rock, Paper, Spaceman

Rock, Paper, Spacegun

Both obvious but possibly serviceable.

Rock, Paper, Spacemarine?
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

The endless bear protects!

Network Hub
    Shattered horizon is pure awesome. Its absolutely the most unique FPS I have ever played and its always fun to play astronaut shooter. The only issue is that the community being so small the game gets easily unbalanced by super players who have the whole zero-G thing down pat.

I hate to be THAT GUYYYY but I occasionally go floating around on my own just looking at the shiny, I like it more than the space biff.

That said, I'll join RPS types in a vacuum any day of the week.

Well, I had the game before, just not enough time to check it out properly. So if you do make that group, Ill be one to join!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I got a guest pass from a friend earlier. So if anybody wants to play some Shattered Horizon today, I'm in.
    Last edited by Anthile; 26-07-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

It's pretty nifty, though it did make me a bit dizzy. Hopefully that will pass and I can get my spacebiff on.