Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Crackdown. The Club. EDF. Amnesia. Sanctum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Mount and Blade?

Sam and Max?
    Can we count Sam & Max? Keep in mind it was a comic, a cartoon, and a novelty dildo (limited edition), but then I’m not sure what the rules are here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I take umbrage at the assertion that people who appreciate and call for new IP have some sort of responsibility to buy a game like Bulletstorm. As far as I could tell (based on marketing and the demo) it was completely boneheaded. I like to think that that's why they might have failed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Peggle. God of War. Sonic and Mario at the X Olympics.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Sam & Max have been around for the past four generations at least, as far as computer games age.

I'd buy and play Bulletstorm 2...
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Mount and Blade?
    Damn, YESS!!! That's the stuff that makes me proud of being a PC user! Take that and go home, other platforms!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Call of Duty.

This franchise started out from something very very old school, but it excelled in cinematic effects. Besides, for online gameplay, I always think of it as graphically more beautiful version of Counter-Strike, and more intense version of Rainbow Six. Even up to Black Ops, however, Call of Duty has deliver absolutely nothing new as a shooter game.

And Infinity Ward definitely has to thank Mr. Tom Hanks for inspiration from his great movie "Saving Private Ryan". I don't know why I am so obsessed by this game. Maybe everytime I am in shell shock I am remained of this film. Sometime creativity is not just about create completely new gameplay, it could also be building something new by restructuring old things.
    So a game that came out on the PS2 then? Of which there have been by my count 7 versions? How is that a 'new' ip? Or do you mean the reboot to modern times? Because for me that's still CoD4.

-------

Minecraft

Terraria

Portal for sure

Guild Wars

Mount and Blade

Trine (coop is great, never bother single player as its too easy)

Sam and Max?

Oh you youngster, Sam & Max has been around a long time, having a TV series made 1997 and Hit the Road was released 1993.

Most of the IPs I were thinking about have already been mentioned (STALKER, Mirror's Edge, Witcher, DoW and so on).

We are missing a big champ around here.

Zeno Clash.

I wish that ACE Team would develop another story in that universe.

Quote Originally Posted by BathroomCitizen View Post
    We are missing a big champ around here.

Zeno Clash.

I wish that ACE Team would develop another story in that universe.
    Zeno Clash à la Mass Effect is what I want. They can get rid of most of the combat, too.

Some oddballs: Viva Piñata, Kane & Lynch, Call of Juarez, Bloody Beautiful Brink. Yes.

Infamous, Demon's Souls, Alan Wake

Network Hub Gentleman Jim Stacey's Avatar
    Simine Fralinie's bookshop, east Canalworks, Vivec
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Call of Duty.

This franchise started out from something very very old school, but it excelled in cinematic effects. Besides, for online gameplay, I always think of it as graphically more beautiful version of Counter-Strike, and more intense version of Rainbow Six. Even up to Black Ops, however, Call of Duty has deliver absolutely nothing new as a shooter game.

And Infinity Ward definitely has to thank Mr. Tom Hanks for inspiration from his great movie "Saving Private Ryan". I don't know why I am so obsessed by this game. Maybe everytime I am in shell shock I am remained of this film. Sometime creativity is not just about create completely new gameplay, it could also be building something new by restructuring old things.
    Good pick. It deserves mention at least for the original Call of Duty and the UO expansion, if not CoD2 and CoD4. The fact that the series has taken an alarming turn towards noob (for lack of a better word) catering shouldn't erode the earlier classic titles. Making the newer multiplayer games to give everyone a chance at a 30-2 game so they feel like a pro was a brilliant commercial decision, but its killed the hardcore magic of the original game.

But yeah...UO. R.I.P. :(