Thread: Cannon Fodder

Banned

Cannon Fodder

For the few of you that remember that game...

I had the fortune to see a band with Jon Hare (Sensible software founder) in perform music live at some virgin convention in blackpool called replay last year.

The performance is here
    http://www.mike65.ukfsn.org/main/uploads/files/Tagged/

They did the Cannon fodder intro theme and the hill music. But the hill music has lyrics.

Its not a bad performance so worth checking out if your old enough to remember cannon fodder

Banned
    no one remember cannon fodder and the cool music??

I know its not on steam but its on gog. open your minds people!

Obscure Node
    Oh I remember it fondly. I also remember that it's very hard to get your men to general rank. ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    The GOG version is the Mega Drive port - no cool opening music, just a naff animated video. Which is a definite shame, and the best reason to find an old Amiga version and install UAE.

I never once got a general. I got fed up of trying to hide Jules and Jops in some out-of-the-way corner of the map and eventually just treated the wee fellas as, well, cannon fodder.

Does anyone know how many soldiers' names the original Cannon Fodder had in it's roster? I don't think it ever ran out, and not for want of trying.

Oh, and please, please, by all the Elder Gods, let this be good!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    The GOG version is the Mega Drive port - no cool opening music, just a naff animated video. Which is a definite shame, and the best reason to find an old Amiga version and install UAE.
    umm what? I have a stack of versions of this game and it isnt the mega drive version. its an early virgin cd release with the animated intro and it has all the same music

Clarification: the version I got from GOG had an animated intro, but the opening music was just a duff version of the Never Been So Much Fun tune without the vocals. I was hugely disappointed. Someone told me it was the Mega Drive version, but I may have been misinformed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Great music, great game. Mine even came with friendly installation instructions which asked me to pour coffee into the computer.

Don't look at me like that. Pretty sure it wasn't the voices in my head this time.

Hah! Yes. The formatting of a save-game disk. No progress bars for Sensible Software, oh no.