Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar

Humble Indie Bundle 3 Discussion.

I just grabbed it. Will edit in some impressions as I play them. Hammerfight was what sold me, as I already had VVVVVV
    Last edited by sabrage; 26-07-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Can you gift individual games? Only spotted the bit where you can gift the whole bundle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is it wrong to pay a lower amount just because you have some of the games in the bundle already?

If you offer less than $1, it gives you a really sad picture to goad your conscience.

Network Hub
    Bought for linux versions as I had most of them already. Glad to see us linux users doing our bit :)

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Is it wrong to pay a lower amount just because you have some of the games in the bundle already?
    It's really up to you, bud

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    ugh....

I tried the hammerfight demo around last Christmas, it was frustrating, limiting and unsatisfying, mouse control was horrible, might play better with a pad, will investigate.

I tried the vvvvvv demo last year, it was frustrating limiting and unsatisfying, gave me keyboard claw, might play better with a pad.

I own cogs, as part of some bundle, it was workmanlike and primitive in conceit, in my head it felt like a Bioshock minigame.

I own crayons physics as part of a pack, its primitive and makes me think of some kind of crazy physics hack for ms paint, but never really held my attention once I saw the man behind to curtain.

and yet it moves, own it as part of a pack... probably the same pack too. I'm sure it is great or something but the primitive nature of the game made it unenjoyable.

These are not reviews, I feel that my demands for complexity for compassionate difficulty and B (as opposed to AAA) or greater production values is stopping me enjoying a batch of wonderful pieces of work, but I get limited gaming time, its making me fussy.

Yet, I can deal with permadeath lofi games like spelunky because of obscene freedom, but when a game has specific loops it wants you to jump through they had better be attainable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    A right ray of sunshine, you are :)

I'd recommend Cogs (nifty little sliding block puzzle), Crayon Physics (because it basically is a crazy physics hack for MS Paint, but prettier) , and VVVVVV (for some old-school platformery). And Yet It Moves is a bit of a one-trick pony from what I've seen so far, although admittedly I haven't played much and maybe it introduces some new mechanics after the first few levels. Hammerfight is... strange, frustrating and difficult to control, it's probably the low point of the collection.

And no, you can't gift individual games - I asked, and the response was "why not just buy another bundle for 1 and gift the whole thing?", which seems like a much better idea.

Network Hub Gentleman Jim Stacey's Avatar
    Simine Fralinie's bookshop, east Canalworks, Vivec
    I paid 1 million Turkish lira.
    Last edited by Gentleman Jim Stacey; 27-07-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Banned
    Looks like Heliocentric found out the meaning of "indie".

I already had most of these. So I paid a dollar for Cogs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS8PGaHN0Wk
    Last edited by amandachen; 27-07-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Bought it. Didnt have any, and they give you the steam code for it as well. Huzzah!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Holy SHIT I hate sliding puzzles. Cogs, enjoy your place next to Gish and Lugaru in the "like I'll ever play these games" section of my Steam library.

Hammerfight is.... Interesting. Shows potential. The controls are definitely very strange, but at least it's not as bad as the aforementioned Gish or Cortex Command. However, the game froze up on me after beating the second stage, so I raged.
    Last edited by sabrage; 27-07-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amandachen View Post
    Looks like Heliocentric found out the meaning of "indie".
    I've known this for aaaaages it'd just my time is more game precious to me now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    And no, you can't gift individual games - I asked, and the response was "why not just buy another bundle for 1 and gift the whole thing?", which seems like a much better idea.
    That makes a lot of sense! Cheers.

I'm very sad to see that there are NO soundtracks included in the Bundle this time around. Especially because PPPPPP is the very best videogame soundtrack that ever entered my listening tubes.

Maybe some open source or soundtrack love will come along later on, it's been known to happen with the precious bundles

Paid three dollars because I'm a stingy bastard, the charities are shit, and I probably won't get round to playing most of the games.

I already had everything except Hammerfight but it's for charity so I said what the hell.

I'm a big fan of VVVVVV and I thought And Yet it Moves was an interesting puzzle-platformer. Cogs is very pretty and I'd like it more but for the fact that I absolutely loathe sliding tile puzzles.

what the fuck? I don't care about charity, I want the developers to get all.

Theres a reason for that, not because Im a cheap bastard, but I seriously do not want to get into it. I just wanted to say that I support only developers! Huzzah!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Banned
    There's a slider that lets you choose how your purchase is allocated. Just slide it all the way up for "developer" and reduce the charities to zero.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    PPPPPP is only six dollars. Go buy!

http://www.souleye.se/pppppp