Hybrid View

Obscure Node

PC earns more Non-GAAP Revenue for EA than PS3, Xbox360 Q1 FY12

I don't know why, but for some reason I felt like looking through the most recent EA financial report that has been released. Near the bottom, they break down their revenues based on platform, and for the first time in at least a year (probably many more), the PC has earned them more Non-GAAP revenue than every other platform. The numbers are 152 Xbox360, 111 PS3, and 154 PC (Millions). I'm no financial expert, and while the GAAP revenue does not look as great (but still a respectable 345/308/205 for 360/PS3/PC), a simple Google search tells me that GAAP is standized for all compaines, while Non-GAAP is sometimes preferred to show more accurate (personally/uniquely adjusted) performance figures? Either way, I was surprised seeing these numbers, especially considering this isn't Blizzard or Valve we're talking about here, but EA! I never thought the PC platform was struggling, but I had no idea that it was quite this competitive with the console-toys for this kind of publisher. Are there any financial know-hows that could add some thoughts on this and perhaps clarify the difference between the GAAP and Non-GAAP?

Source: http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail...leaseID=594196

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    GAAP is a common accounting standard, but can be boiled down to the honor principle.

Either way, this report basically makes the point that EA's strongest portfolio's on the 360.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen