Thread: Distinct Cases

Obscure Node

Distinct Cases

Greetings, I've been coming to RPS for a while for the news however this is my first post as I find myself in a pickle and in need of help, and hopefully some of the RPS readers can help me.

As you guessed it's regarding cases, I always find this to be the hardest part of an upgrade due to it spending a lot of time in my field of vision.

I'm looking at building a high end water-cooled PC, and 4 cases have peaked my interest the Corsair 800D and Silverstone TJ11, the former is great but I'd like the window on the right due the layout of my room and it seems your restricted on radiator size unless you mod it I think, the latter is ideal but I can't justify spending that amount of money on a case which contradicts my main question a little:

Danger Den and Mountain Mods cases, mainly the Double Wide Tower 21 Black Series from the former and the Ascension from the latter, does anyone have any experience with them, there seems to be mixed reviews on the DD case, but to me it looks slightly better than the MM case, the other thing although it's a bit obscure is bringing one of these cases into the UK (If anyone has Id like to know) I was charged 22 in customs on a 50 pair of trainers so god knows what they would put on a 400 case (I did try to find out but HM Revenue and Customs bombards you with walls of text and no definitive answers).

Thanks for reading any advice would be great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I misread that the OP wants built-in water cooling with his case. The Antec 900 does have ports in the back for an external water cooling pump, though.
    Last edited by sabrage; 30-07-2011 at 11:43 AM.

I personally own a Silverstone FT02, and I highly recommend it if you ever change your mind on the water-cooling aspect of your build. My FT02 keeps my computer pretty cool, and the fans are pretty quiet.

However, if you can't be persuaded to ditch the WC, I recommend either the Silverstone TJ-07 or the Corsair 800D. Both have been proven to be extremely good WC cases.

Obscure Node
    It's definitely going to be a water cooled tri-fire set up, I like the 800D but it looks as though the roof would have to be modded to fit a 480mm radiator in and id probably botch it up if I start cutting holes in my case, I do like the TJ-07, special tech will pre mod it to fit the radiators too which is handy but by the time its modded it'll cost near as much as the TJ11.

Still curious if anyone has worked with a Danger Den, Mountain mods ,or a large acrylic case.