Section 8 Prejudice - On Sale now (with new mode!) + Meetup

Quick heads up,

The GFWL marketplace is selling Section 8 Prejudice for 4.99, or $7.50. That's cheaper than it was during the steam summer sale!

Also, its been updated with a new "Skirmish" mode (which is team deathmatch with the typical section 8 "Dynamic Combat Missions" added in) and I believe the new map pack was released on PC today too.

Pretty good time to pick it up IMO, especially if you haven't already. Title beats BRINK hands down too, in my opinion.

I did let RPS know via email, but I believe they have their hands full with the job applications. All this good stuff and no attention? :(

Would of put this in the sales thread, but I have a motive - are there still folks around who play S8:P? Was wondering if we could have an RPS match one weekend.
    Last edited by Hirmetrium; 28-07-2011 at 04:31 AM.

I have already, and I made the Steam group to prove it. Its called Rock Paper Scissors Section 8 Prejudice.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I might be up for that - I can rarely find a server with more than a couple of people in it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yes, played few games with fellow RPS peeps when the game originally came out. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I got distract by Brink (sorry, it's better, but pretty much dead now,) so haven't played so much after that first week.

I would be up for playing some more with you guys though.
    Last edited by Vandelay; 28-07-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Oh man, I played Prejudice for a few days after it came out, but I totally forgot about it afterwards.

I've been perpetually distracted by Valve's war-themed hat simulator. If RPS is getting a game going then I might poke my head in.

Off topic: What's the deal with Brink then? I hadn't got around to buying it yet. Is it really dead?

Should clarify in regards to BRINK, I have personally enjoyed Section 8 far more so far. Its a more complete game, and the Swarm mode alone is great fun. Also, there was (temporarily) free DLC promised for BRINK this month, but I think its far too late to do anything. It's only my opinion that BRINK is a bad game, and that's because it seems very geared to a type of higher level player that I am not. Plus I dislike the leveling/unlock system, which limits your options and which class you can play fully - at least with section 8 you can eventually unlock everything. For comparison, Section 8 cost me 6 in the steam summer sale. BRINK cost 25 from GAME. I already know which game I've gotten more fun for my money out of.

What's everyone think to a Sunday meetup? No DLC, just the base maps. Say approximately 6-8PM? If we can dreg up some interest it should be pretty good.

Also, I can't implore people enough to get Section 8. At 4.99 for such a solid online shooter its an absolute steal. This isn't an indie title, its a full blown retail game at that price.

Oh, and be warned - this is a GFW - Live title. If your against that sort of thing that's your own loss ;)
    Last edited by Hirmetrium; 28-07-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I played them both for a while and just found Brink to be more suited to my style of play. The inability to level up everything at once isn't a huge deal as you can reset your unlocks and buy into a different class at the cost of dropping a level - which at higher levels doesn't matter a great deal.

Still, I fancy getting some more S8 experience under my belt, so if you're still playing slightly later on Saturday, maybe about 10pm, I'll be there.

I've been looking for a new multiplayer FPS to get into. TF2 is not the game it used to be. I have BC2 but I don't like it that much. Would this section 8 prejudice (or some other game) be good?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    A clarification on the GFWL situation, I believe it is used for nothing more than authentication and achievement tracking. It doesn't handle servers, so can mostly be ignored.

Sunday evening sounds good to me, although probably more likely to be 8 or a bit after (if we are talking BST.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love this game, I'll try to join -- what's the time zone?