Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    She shares sexual love with the Eiffel Tower? That's got to require a lot of KY.
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine — couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Another image that cannot be unseen.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Interesting studies and reports! Also good to know that there's still fetishes/drives out there which I didn't know about. 20 years on the nets haven't corrupted me enough. Thanks RPS community.

Controverse thought: These girls (and boys) probably really believe that they have a special relation with the objects. Belief is the key word - there are reports of monks and nuns equally having this bright, extatic revelation when discovering their love to God. Is (true) belief in religion being driven by that same tick that makes some people go off and marry the Berlin Wall?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    These girls (and boys) probably really believe that they have a special relation with the objects.
    well, one of the women interviewed in the eiffel tower doc says he talks to her objectfriends(?) and they talk back. the one in the picture also had a relationship with her bow (besides the berlin wall and the eiffel tower). she was competing in tournaments together with her bow-friend, until the relationship got cold and they broke up, after which she couldn't shoot that good anymore, since she lost that special something they had between them.

so yes, the believe they have special relationships with certain objects, not sure how much of that is shared with believers. i seem to remember reading that some of the famous people that had religious visions were undiagnosed epileptics, so there's that..
    the ones with object fetishes, at least those shown in the eiffel movie where rather on the autistic side (one of them actually was, the rest just seemed a bit that way).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    These people need psychological help, seriously.
    There's a great bit in Mil Millington's second book (A Certain Chemistry) where God talks about an experiment by some people who tried to "grow a fetish in a lab", and were succesful. The subjects were basically conditioned to find boots incredibly arousing, and they did. When the experiment was over, the researchers offered to undo it, and the subjects refused. Why? Because they'd discovered a new way to get off. Why would they want to lose that? It gave them a thrill - no different to most people's attraction to breasts or hips or pecs.

It might well be weird (and I'm certainly not saying it wouldn't make me uncomfortable and perhaps a bit nervous in person), but if they're enjoying it and it doesn't harm anyone, well, what's the problem? You'll find out that everyone's crazy if you talk to them for long enough.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 05-08-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Um, bit late but. Men dressing up and playing with toy swords IS pathetic, I can't think of any other geeky activity more pathetic than that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOrange View Post
    Um, bit late but. Men dressing up and playing with toy swords IS pathetic, I can't think of any other geeky activity more pathetic than that.
    I can think of something more pathetic than fighting with foam weapons.

Fighting with real weapons.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    But virtual toy swords are not?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I can think of something more pathetic than fighting with foam weapons.

Fighting with real weapons.
    Hmm.. fighting maybe, but shooting guns is awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Obviously, you haven't seen the way the girls are dressed up for events like this. Nothing more pathetic than men ignoring groups pouncing each other with toy swords!

:D
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.