Minecraft 1.8: Oceanic Ruins, Bunnies & More! - Survival Multiplayer

The Bountiful Update
    FEATURES

• Considerable faster client-side performance
    • Player skins can now have double layers across the whole model, and left/right arms/legs can be edited independently
    • Enchanting has been redone, now costs lapis lazuli in addition to enchantment levels
    • Added Granite, Andesite, and Diorite stone blocks, with smooth versions
    • Added Slime Block
    • Added Iron Trapdoor
    • Added Prismarine and Sea Lantern blocks
    • Added the Ocean Monument
    • Added Red Sandstone
    • Added Banners
    • Added Armor Stands
    • Added Coarse Dirt (dirt where grass won’t grow)
    • Added Guardian mobs, with item drops
    • Added Endermite mob
    • Added Rabbits, with item drops
    • Added Mutton and Cooked Mutton
    • Mossy Cobblestone and Mossy Stone Bricks are now craftable
    • Chiseled Stone Bricks are now craftable
    • Doors and fences now come in all wood type variants
    • Sponge block has regained its water-absorbing ability and becomes wet
    • Plus Much More!

Howdy!

I have a server running version 1.8 of Minecraft and I want you to come play. No, not you with the finger in the nose, the one next to you. Yeah, YOU! I am tired of playing online with vapid cretins, degenerates and ne'er do wells and I would much rather spend my time with the cretins, degenerates and ne'er do wells that posses half a brain and a sense of humor.

It's a simple idea; take a small server, scoop up a handful of you classy RPSers, sprinkle them on top and voila! You have a tight-knit, "mature" community where every member's contributions are relevant and meaningful-- i.e. fun on a bun. I hate those 40+ player monsters with the unrelenting wall of chat spam, I wanted to create an alternative to that, someplace where you might (dare I say) make a friend. I want to put the U and I back in community.

With clichés like that, how could we go wrong?

Right now I'm doing the whole vanilla PVE survival thing because I am running 1.8 but, I definitely want to add mods as soon as they become available. Especially the kinda mods that make Minecraft a more emergent, rogue-like experience. Mmmm, beardly. I would love to have you join, simply send me your Minecraft handle in a PM or in a reply to this thread and I'll put you on the whitelist and send you the server info.

We'll laugh, we'll cry--it'll be better than Cats!

Can't get enough of my inane yammering? Check out the server's subreddit -- Strike the Earth! ;D
    Last edited by evilnancyreagan; 03-09-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Happy Friday!

ENR here to drop a little update:

It seems our little server has become a victim of it's own unexpected success! We just upgraded to beefier hardware to add more available slots to keep up with the growing demand. At this rate, it won't be long before another upgrade is needed :P Over the past month our little community has more than doubled in size with great people joining us from GOG.com, the Bay 12 (Dwarf Fortress) forums and Reddit. Don't be shy, drop by sometime this weekend and come say, "Hi!". Cake and explosions for all!