Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2287
    Network Hub
    v1.1, and hurry up JG :)

Activated Node
    I have a cat!

Network Hub
    Win for you!

Network Hub
    Appears the server update to 1.2.4 has been completed; OP adjusted accordingly. As far as I can recall, this may be the first time we're up-to-date to the most-current build of the game that's been officially released (1.2.5 is a pseudo-snapshot, mostly to give modders a headstart on their mods ahead of the actual release) since I think the release of beta. Excellent work. I hope with Mojang and Bukkit joining forces, this will make future updates pretty smooth and minimally a hassle (there will always be hiccups and annoyances).

Yep, updated to 1.2.4.

Shops are pretty wobbly, we currently don't have a help plugin and for some reason /who doesn't work (use /list instead) but everything else seems to be fine. We have a new repair plugin for which you can get help by using /rep. For those of you with access to the hat plugin, you now put the item in your head slot directly, rather than using a command.

I also installed a lift plugin. There's a video here that explains how to use it.

Obscure Node
    Hi there. I'm your friendly neighborhood Vykoden. But, I'm a sad Vykoden :( because I'm not whitelisted to play on RPS. I'm a BACON founder, transfer player from Nerd. I would like to be on what Gerbster referred to as "probation", which is really kinda funny, since I'm a criminology major... and a former journalist.

Yes, I'm old. What of it? I was gaming before you were even conceived (probably).

With that, I respectfully request permission to dig a hole in the ground on RPS.

Thanks,
    -Vyko

Obscure Node
    I've been whitelisted already but I'd like to let you know that some buddies are going to be hopping on and wanting to be whitelisted as well so I thought you might like a heads up. I talked with El Tagno about this earlier so he should be aware of our group.

We're refugees from another server who are sick of frequent map resets and want a stable place to call home for our massive builds. Off the top of my head I can think of a bunch who will be showing up. Vykoden, Cato269, Phillippassmore, KillBoosh, JennaBerry, Dubloe7, 0mni0mni0mni, Nilate. Some other yahoos play sometimes so if you see someone on saying they're from Bacon they probably are and I just forgot about them because they don't play enough.

Gerbster said to post in this forum about this because his ability to whitelist is now gone. What did he say to write? I can't remember. We formed our town a little over a year ago on the nerd.nu servers. Since that time we've had 8...9? resets which forced us to start over on some pretty impressive crap. I won't even go over all of what we've done as it would break your heart. We refuse to give up and need a new place for a massive maze that will lead to an End Portal. People will walk from kilometers around to see this....or they're take a portal to it. I don't know. We just want to dig holes and build mazes, farms and rails.

Activated Node
    Is the new /rep plugin the evolution of the old one or a brand new plugin by the /ee people?

It just seems abit odd to add so many levels of complication and a requirement to have a crafting table into what was a simple and effective tool?

What will be will be but I'm slightly bemused by it.

But then my bemusment was probably foreseen in the oracle waters which would explain how apparantly I am not a member of any chat channels now and cannot wax lyrical abut such things. I guess the wiki explains how to get back into General Chat.

In other news! HIGHER DICK TOWERS FTW!1!1!!!

Edit: You don't need a crafting table you can use the 2x2 one.
    Last edited by Wubble69; 03-04-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    But then my bemusment was probably foreseen in the oracle waters which would explain how apparantly I am not a member of any chat channels now and cannot wax lyrical abut such things. I guess the wiki explains how to get back into General Chat.
    I sure hope it does, as I've drifted back now that the server is up-to-date. Chatting would be good =)

The chat plugin is supposed to put you in the global channel automatically. Apparently it's not doing it every time. If you connect and find you can't chat enter "/ch g".

Network Hub
    Wubble, I did a quick update of the repair page on the wiki and also did a first stab at the enchanting page in same said wiki.
    The chat thing just appears to be a bug.

Activated Node
    All sorted now Gerb.

Thanks

So, if an area was claimed in Dec 2010 and never had anything done to it, would it be cool to start developing it? (especially as it happens that I was planning to build something that would fit thematically with the area name, coincidentally!)

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    So, if an area was claimed in Dec 2010 and never had anything done to it, would it be cool to start developing it?
    Generally, yes. But I'd like to take a look at it first. Have you got the coords?

It's Egypt, it's on the hub network. South, I think. Signs say claimed by Zanchito in Dec '10.

EDIT - looks like the base of something was started a bit away from the portal, but take a look anyway. Dec '10 is a looooong time ago
    Last edited by J.B.; 04-04-2012 at 10:13 AM.

I'll be showing for a bit tonight. Im a slow player but i will find a chunk of land to call my own. Im thinking underwater lair.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    It's Egypt, it's on the hub network. South, I think. Signs say claimed by Zanchito in Dec '10.

EDIT - looks like the base of something was started a bit away from the portal, but take a look anyway. Dec '10 is a looooong time ago
    OK, go ahead.

I'm bringing the server down to patch the biomes to how they were pre-1.8. I'm not sure how long it will take. Hopefully not too long.

Also, we're on 1.2.5 now, so you should all update your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Also, we're on 1.2.5 now, so you should all update your clients.
    w00t w00t!

I've been pleading with the kids to not click the update button, now I can relax.

Network Hub
    Super Elt to the rescue! Banhammer those nasty swamps! ;)

I imagine fixing the sun-rises-in-the-north "fix" Notch made is something that can't really be done easily. There are client-side graphical performance mods that allow players on an individual basis to fix it from their perspective, I just can't think of their names. I wonder if OptiFine is among them...