Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2350
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Is she up and running again?

Also, anyone care to sate my curiosity as to what biomes changed?

It's done. Took a lot longer than I hoped. There is still a lot of ice and snow left over, but weather should now match the terrain.

Hello chaps, Electricfox here requesting to be put on the Whitelist. Also looking to build around -2379, 65, 1260 if no-one else has any plans there. Oh, and MC name is Electricfox (original, eh?). You might have me on your logs as I popped in the other day to have a look around, some beautiful work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricfox View Post
    Hello chaps, Electricfox here requesting to be put on the Whitelist. Also looking to build around -2379, 65, 1260 if no-one else has any plans there. Oh, and MC name is Electricfox (original, eh?). You might have me on your logs as I popped in the other day to have a look around, some beautiful work here.

Whitelisted. Welcome to the server. Make sure you read the FAQ if you haven't already.

Just in case anyone missed my post on the previous page, we're on 1.2.5 now, so update your clients. You'll still be able to connect with a 1.2.4 client, but you might be a bit crashy.

Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Whitelisted. Welcome to the server. Make sure you read the FAQ if you haven't already.
    Danke, have done so. Look forward to building alongside you all. :D

New, up-to-date Nations at War texture pack modded by me:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nxaumvfxmui1uml

Edit:

Newest version of MC HD Patcher, which you will need:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sy1n8ekyz00gg31
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 06-04-2012 at 09:10 PM.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Hi guys, just saying I can vouch for "izzler". She's my sister, may she be added to the build list please?

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMonkey View Post
    Hi guys, just saying I can vouch for "izzler". She's my sister, may she be added to the build list please?
    Yep, whitelisted. Make sure she still reads the FAQ.

Network Hub
    Now the biome updates are in place several things have become obvious:

1) There ARE some jungle biomes in the map. It may be they are what was referred to as errrr rainforest biome in the past? (Elt did tell me but I forgot). Basically look for very lush green grass. There are 2 confirmed jungle biomes so far - Cat. City and Wubble's land Orqwith in the south. Just south of Orqwith, where the big laser gun is (pointing at Mammalia, I might add…), is particularly full of ocelots. No idea why, it is INSANE.

2) We are in the process of cleaning up errant snow and ice. If there is somewhere you have seen that needs fixing, please alert us. I will include a list at the bottom of this post with areas I have seen and earmarked for thawing. (/thaw <radius> is the command for any other mods in here who need to know how).

3) Biome colours and snow and ice on the dynamic map can show up incorrectly. This is because the commands we use to clear and reset it all don't force a map redraw. Once we are reasonably certain we have cleared up most of the map, Elt will force a complete map refresh.

Areas targeted for thawing:

- DONE - Lost city and north of there (east of north hub)
    - DONE - Much of the north east of the map (sadly there is tons obviously wrong there…)
    - DONE - 85 (just east of Richma's stupid hole)
    - DONE - Starfall (desert in extreme south east of map)
    - DONE - Refuge mountain (north east of spawn)
    - DONE - Looks like the area around Thrinelda (slightly north west of Nova) is snow that needs to go, can anyone confirm? (DigHappyPrimate, you are just south of there?).
    Last edited by Gerbster; 09-04-2012 at 05:11 PM.

You can find out if the snow should be there by going there and checking the biome (/biome or F3). Also, it doesn't matter if you remove snow from places that should be snowy, because it will return the next time it rains, and the map will update.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    1) There ARE some jungle biomes in the map. It may be they are what was referred to as errrr rainforest biome in the past? (Elt did tell me but I forgot). Basically look for very lush green grass. There are 2 confirmed jungle biomes so far - Cat. City and Wubble's land Orqwith in the south. Just south of Orqwith, where the big laser gun is (pointing at Mammalia, I might add…), is particularly full of ocelots. No idea why, it is INSANE.
    I assume that's the area where the grass is bright bright green.

I had cleared the area in preparations for making barracks, parade grounds, bunkers, missile silos etc for the Orqwith Defense Force but I shall seed a few trees and see what happens.

Activated Node
    +++ Press Release +++

People's Republic of Orqwith Announce Immediate Ceasation of Military Development in the Southern Zones.

After an offical visit to the Border Demilitarized zone this morning, the High Overlord of Orqwith has announced that plans to develop the area into a much needed Military Base to combat the threat of Mamalian advancement have been put on hold.

The High Overlord was interviewed standing proudly atop his Big Laser stroking a lovely kitty.

"We, will not make the same mistakes of the Gerbian Wolf thief, stealing 98% of the servers wolf population, leaving them scattered in his wake as he goes about making his roads, but not allowing anyone else to tame or breed them.

The Big Laser will be put into maintainance mode thereby allowing people to approach safely from the nearest portal to the south.

However, any attempts by the Mamalian Oppressors to take advantage of this ... generous gesture will result in immediate reactivation of the border defenses.

Over the coming days the jungle biome will be made fit for purpose (ensquared) and mob proofed.

A nice safe fishing area will also be provided, and at a later date a portal may be created in the area."

The High Overlord then proceeded to cast a wary glance to the south west and sighed.

+++

The People's Republic of Orqwith is the premier People's Republic in the south and 72% of the population think Gerb smells and has fleas.

Network Hub
    +++ Press Release +++

Mammalian Foreign Office Announcement:

We welcome the previously announced efforts for peace aimed at calming tensions between Orqwith and the peace-loving folk of Mammalia.

We remain cautiously optimistic that Orqwith and its leader, the High Overlord Wubble, will refrain from inflammatory actions, and will accept the gift of Kitty on Laser in the spirit that it was meant.

One day Mammalia hopes to be able to build in the current no-mans-land between Shrewbil and Orqwith, as it has the right to do, but for now, as a gesture of peace, will simply continue to use the area as a buffer zone, populated only by sheep.

We look forward to a time of enrichment between ourselves and our geometricly-obsessed neighbours.

+++

On an unrelated note, Mammalia moves forward with its planned peaceful satelite launch.

Activated Node
    Hi there,

just a quick note to unbosom myself. Tonight i went to discover various stuff at a very nice place, Ceres, featuring a nice example of the brand new lift system, which leads from the very bottom to the most upper height possible in, like, 3 seconds ! in all safety. Very nice view ! and then my unconscious will to try and see if i would die by falling from up there (with all that heavily enchanted armor - iron, but still) won, i fall from this mostest highest place, and died, and lost all my stuff. I was sad, despite having had a nice view during the fall ! also, falling is still faster than the lift.

Anyway 2 things learnt tonight : lifts are awesome ! and dying sucks.

Hello chaps

I've just been down to the Public farm to grab something to eat and I've noticed that there is a bit of a chicken crisis...namely that there is just one chicken down there. I don't know if someone forgot to breed or they decided to commit Hara-kiri but someone might want to throw another chicken in there, or start a cloning program.

Network Hub
    More possible snow biomes needing clearing:

- West of Valhalla
    - All around Slashernick and the Station.

If anyone specifically wants a snow or swamp biome, let us know.

I have to say, i LOVE that Cat City is a jungle biome - we have lush green grass, and it's now full of cats - how purrfect for Cat City :)

Rightio, I'm going to be away for about a week, so I thought I'd just outline what I plan so that I don't tread on anyones toes.

I was going to expand east but I've discovered a player dwelling in that direction so I'm going to go west instead, cutting the land links to the area to make it into a nice sized island.

See you all in about a week. Happy building!

Finally finished my roof. i have a few bits of polish to add before Im finished with the main room however.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com