Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    The server won't be updated to 1.7 for a few days, so remember not to update your client (or if you do, to make a backup of 1.6 first).

Network Hub
    I was going to plead for you to not update.
    1.7 basically contains:

1) buggy pistons that crash the server
    2) buggy shears that crash the server
    3) Stackable fences
    4) torches on top of fences
    5) Lots of new bugs

Business as usual. And I hate how MCforum.net writes it as though Notch and Co are doing US the favour by releasing 1.7 now without the adventure update. You'd think I'd be immune to it all by now, but for some reason the blatantness of it all winds me up more now than before.

On another note, I've been really enjoying myself on the server lately - more new people and more old faces. My apologies if last night some of my comments seemed offensive, I was actually commenting on the nature of offensive comments rather than making them directly.

Also - who had it worse last night? I was watching Transformers 1 and Drose, Revenge of the Sith. We make for pretty unsympathetic film critics ;)

There will be no updates until everything is stable, don't worry. And Drose had it worse.

Network Hub
    Yeah I reckon. OK, tonight then its Catwoman VS Transformers 2?

Right guys - here's some screenshots from my landscape generation... and I loves it. Loads of things to change and tweak, but it will suffice for me now to get on with fixing bugs and uploading a simple demo to check stability soon. If I get my internet sorted soon :(

http://bit.ly/k7pxZm

Just try and tell me you wouldn't like to build around that in MC; I won't believe you. But then I am regularly in denial anyway. Comments are welcome, but remember it's a work in progress. The aim in visibility is for fast machines to render at least 256 cells in each direction. I think MC does approx 160 (without hacks)
    Last edited by Robert Swan; 30-06-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Those landscapes are truly magnificent!
    Please release a beta for us to test this, its looking great.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Alright, who broke the server??

Network Hub
    Not me :(
    it's the server's way of telling us we spend too much time playing! And I was just heading to your inn as well to take a look.

Activated Node
    So is 1.7_01 stable yet? Not bugging you to update, i'm just wondering if it's worth updating myself to mess around with pistons.

Network Hub
    trololololo Oh Notch, you're so silly. As mentioned before guys and gals, don't hold your breath for a server update. Looks like Notch broke the game again, so we're going to hunker down with b1.6.6 for the time being. We'll see what the next few bugfix updates bring...

Rob, I was wondering what had happened to you. Those screenies look fantastic. Assuming it still holds true from what I discovered while making my beta fail map (when the game entered beta, and we didn't know leaf decay was back with a vengeance...), MC does a maximum square area 256x256blocks (16x16chunks) for generating or displaying map chunks around a stationary player (if render distance is set lower than Far, I believe the chunks are still loaded just not displayed to that player).

As to Gerb's suggestion on autofarms I concur, please be careful with their sizes. I triggered DarkTao's and the lag was minimal, whereas Gerb's was a bit larger and omg the laaag we experienced. 1-2fps? No thanks. I tried to /spawn away to escape, failed and dc'd instead, it was that bad. I hope this phenomenon is a highly localized thing, but as I was laaaging out I couldn't ask others elsewhere on server if they were getting it too. Build on the safe side, keep the autofarms reasonably sized. I'd hate if this turned out to be a sort of repeat of the minecart fiasco from last Fall. Players who joined us after the Halloween Update missed it, but M3 oldtimers will remember minecarts and rails causing horrid localized laaag around spawn/RPS Town. Took us ages to find all the fucking things.

Not sure if the server is having issues or if I am- updated, then de-updated, but still cant get on the server. getting "Took to long" as my error.

Network Hub
    OK server died again and I must away. Hope you guys don't all die down there. We really need to be more organised, kept getting lost etc. Top marks go to dighappyprimate who got lost within approximately 2 seconds of stepping outside of JG's house :)

Also, when I get back on will leave all the loot I picked up in the chest in JG's house, for if he wishes to share the spoils with dig and ginger.

Network Hub
    Well, we've been able to play this past hour, but now (630pm pacific) I'm unable to connect. The restart wrapper throws little tantrums like this now and then. I haven't been given the greenlight by eltagno to force restarts from the control panel as that seems to interfere with the autorestarts so I'm leary of attempting. They seem to correct themselves the following restart. Ah well, looks like I'll be playing with b1701 now... :)

Yeah, I'll give it a miss at 2.30...

Thanks for the assistance in the mines. Hopefully we all got some decent spoils. You're more than welcome to venture down there and take anything you like, considering you helped clear out the bad monsters.

Gerb, please keep the spoils. I said people should keep what they find and I meant it.

Obscure Node
    sounds like i missed an epic quest. I wanna do one into the cave under twink's town lol

Network Hub
    We can organise another one, I must admit it was quite cool :)
    Been a loooooong time since I ventured underground for that long.

I'm going to put up an extra sign on the main road telling people they're entering Creeper Alley. Two explosions next to my home.

Gerb, love what you've done with the inn. Funnily enough, I thought something was weird when I was walking along the main road to my house and saw a brick chimney, only to see what'd been done inside. I'm presuming the little something you left for me was the Creeper picture? Brilliant touch.

I spawned back in the cave earlier, naturally, and poked around a bit. It's very, very extensive. It seems to be incredibly rich with nodes as well. I was on a bit earlier, re-modelling my house (it now has a downstairs. I'll work on the homeliness part once I've finished moving everything around. Unless someone wants to donate some chairs and a table?) and gathering wood. I've rapidly run out of the stuff and need a load more. Thank god for bonemeal. Unfortunately for the 2 hours I was playing no-one else was on, but hopefully when I go back tonight it'll be better.

I'm also, eventually, going to try and make some sort of mob grinder behind the house. The flatness of the alley makes it quite good for farming too, once I clear a couple of trees. A small patch easily. I can turn it into a greenhouse too with the nearby sand. Altogether, excellent spot Gerb, thank you!

Network Hub
    Omg newerspawn iz great. Beds, shelter, creepers as far as the eye can see. :D

Saw a nice big mountain nearby, had a shear cliff face and an overhang begging for a waterfall. I ended up just walking east for a while, hit the border and turned south. Got lost in a large dense forest area when a rainstorm hit. Distinctly felt like the Pacific Northwest there. I was happy. (<-Lives in a high desert irl, so yeah).

Activated Node
    I've got a busy day tomorrow, so i did the maps early.

Flat world: http://db.tt/ttThYUi
    Oblique world: http://db.tt/wcYRmPz

Flat nether: http://db.tt/lG0VzrI
    Oblique nether: http://db.tt/sNXju5j

@drose, I misread newerspawn as netherspawn and got really scared that someone was going to blow it up with the beds.

Obscure Node
    Hey all :)
    I just bought the game for my sister and was wondering if she could be added to the whitelist, username - A_Chubby_Rabbit
    My brother account name JosephN said that he thinks he got removed from the whitelist for being inactive (he didnt play for like 2 months) is there any chance of getting him back on the list?

Cheers,
    Ginger :)