Page 15 of 117 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    That sounds enourmously epic. I'd like to have such a gran portal station. We could make a nice collective project out of this. :D

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Network Hub
    First things first - sort out th ecurrent portals.
    I think everyone is happy with the market being the central hub location, so weed, take a look at north and south to see how we laid out the portals, and start sorting out space for 'em. As this is a server project we can supply the obsidian. Hold off on actually destroying any of the gates, obviously!

Alright.
    I'll do it tonight, as I'll be leaving for Poland tomorrow.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Still no recommended release of Bukkit for 1.7.3. It's not looking good for the update happening this weekend. :(

Obscure Node
    hey guys whats up. Been busy for the past couple of weeks hopefully i'll be on some time this week to build a huge farm that will crash the server with lag. Cya soon =D

Activated Node
    New Maps:

Flat World: http://db.tt/YC9bX23
    Oblique World: http://db.tt/WntFneK

Does anyone actually use the nether maps?

Obscure Node
    I had need of one the other day and tried to render one quickly using one or two tools. Got none of them to work fast enough so I just did without.
    Is there one? I can't find a link in the maps document.

Edit: I'd also be very happy with a new gate map. Being new to the server I often explore and it's hard to judge the relative positions of the newer gates not on the January map. Maybe I'll make one later/tomorrow.
    Last edited by kagebe; 12-07-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Network Hub
    I can do a new gate map when I can hassle Eltagno to give me the latest gate file. I will update the program as soon as I have the latest info. I've been itching to update my program but without up to date gate info (particularly since we changed the hubs in the last few days!) it doesn't make much sense.

However, kagebe, there's a semi-up-to-date one in one of my posts several pages back. Might be a bit annoying to go through the pages to find it, but it should be what you need.

Network Hub
    I can get you those files right now Gerb, Normal and Nether.

Obscure Node
    Thanks Gerbster, that's much better.
    What I gather from you posts, is that you have some program written to help you with mapping those gates?
    I had a quick look at the PixelMap source, to see whether I could detect obsidian gates with signs simply by matching the pattern and such and build it into the output image. But if you already have a solution and it uses the gate files, I won't bother. :)
    Last edited by kagebe; 13-07-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Network Hub
    Drose originally had a method to make locating gates easier - he placed clay blocks underneath them (which I dug up when we replaced the gate set-up!).

And yes, I have a program - all it does is take the gate list file, a map image, and then combines them. I will update it to do so in an easier to read manner today if I get the change (hopefully yes).

Also many thanks for the wool donations - I have finished my image of Delly and will tidy it up and likely put in a local gate. Failing that, it will definitely show up in the next map. Robert also made a memorial garden for her, located at the southern end of the main bridge at Shrewbil, for the cat lovers amongst you who wish to visit and pay their respects.

Network Hub
    My pixel art tribute to Delly is now complete.

To view it, go to the South Hub, then choose Mammalia on the second south portal.
    From there go past the arch to the local Mammalia network gate, and choose 'Delly'.

There are two viewing platforms depending on whether the skies are clear or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I may have accidentally updated the game. I may then have tried sorting it out and failed miserably. It's possible that I'm now asking if someone would kindly provide their .bin folder to me so that I could probably play it again. Feel free to PM me if it's a dropbox or private link/e-mail address send/whatever...maybe.

(Ps. I'm an idiot.)