Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Oh I forgot I changed that setting, 10ppp is way too small haha.

Network Hub
    The Mammalia Tourism and Lottery Board has recently announced a Mega-Lottery, scheduled to take place on August the 1st.
    Prizes will go to 3rd place, and the prize total will be an unprecedented amount!

To enter, just place your name on a sign on the Guest Arch in Shrewbil.

Directions to Shrewbil:

- Choose 'South' on any of the main network gates.
    - Choose 'Mammalia' on the South Hub #2 gate (2 clicks).
    - Turn right coming out of the portal office. The Arch is immediately in front of you (with orange colouring).
    Last edited by Gerbster; 14-07-2011 at 07:11 PM.

I'd like to inform everyone of a murder.. Squiddy was killed today while I slept. This injustice can not stand!!!! The perpetrator of this crime will be hunted down and slain with FIAH!

That is all.

Obscure Node
    Frightened shopkeepers of East Sub report an explosion and the sighting of a dreadfully large and hideous squid near the summoner's tower to their west. The summoner or his apprentices could not be found for comment but may be trapped within. Locals say that the summoner recently promised to pay his debts very soon and often sought books on the nether daemons of gold and diamond. In an interview the butcher of East Sub already looks to the future however: "I say good riddance to that old maniac hedgewizard! Look at the meat on that creature - Let's gather a hunting party and get those tentacles to my boys' slaughter blocks."

Activated Node
    Speaking of east sub, why is iron not included in the gold/diamond exchange? Also, the general store no longer sells grass blocks. :(

Network Hub
    If you need a hand accelerating grass growth, give me a shout when you see me online.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Creeping Pines Valley is now open for business. There are a variety of paths that work their way through the upper and lower valley and a network of signs to point you in the right location. Ignore, for the moment anyhow, notes about 'Hill Top Bridge'. That is a large construction process that will certainly take some time and will occur in stages, of one inn on each side of the valley on the cliff-tops and finally a bridge that will span the width of the valley joining up these inns. In the mean time, there will be a few standard trees to replace with more pines.

You can access to Creeping Pines Valley by using South Sub (2) portal to JG's House, which I may work on slightly so as to give quicker access to the surface without you necessarily having to go through a greenhouse.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    I've done a new gate map. I've removed a few of the obviously private / personal gate networks, but if anyone wants theirs removed let me know and I'll add it to the list.

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?2x833lybnntb7l4

I didn't have time to sort out the program to put the gate info in different orientations, so we are still in the position where there's a lot of overlaps (particularly at the hubs now!), but it should keep you all going for a while.

Obscure Node
    Could I request access to the RPS MC servers? I'm newish here but thought I'd give requesting access a try. My MC name is Slyphee

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    I've done a new gate map.
    It's awesome. And quite compact filesize, relatively speaking.

Network Hub
    Yeah but the detail in the terrain isn't as high as in Rusty's originals.

Also, I would like to put up signs marking who has helped me lately in my projects. As far as I remember, the people are:

SOUTH ROAD (workers):
    - Me
    - JellyfishGreen
    - DigHappyPrimate
    SOUTH ROAD (donators):
    - Drose
    - ??? (I know 2 more people did help but can't remember who)

DELLY DEDICATION (donators):
    - Drose
    - TwinklinPixie
    - ??? (Again 2 more people but can't remember :( )

If you don't see your name here but did help, let me know!

Hi guys, because I love you all and because I need help I have come here...

My multiplayer game demo requires some stress testing over the next few days, so if you can help I'd be grateful. To help you'll need:
    1. a PC that can run the singleplayer demo reasonably (linked from here - http://bit.ly/pllgLr)
    2. a decent internet connection wherever you are in the world
    3. A way of connecting to the #irc channel (server = irc.esper.net, channel = #uRPSGeneral, password = drowssap)
    4. Patience!

Testing would take anything from 30 minutes upwards, depending on how well it goes. It could go horribly wrong so it's best to have very low expectations.

I'll try to hang around the IRC channel for any questions, and once I have a concrete time this weekend I'll post on here with as much advance notice as possible.

Cheers!
    Rob

Activated Node
    Nice work rob, built myself a nice little house. I'll definitely help out with the testing if the times work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Yeah but the detail in the terrain isn't as high as in Rusty's originals.

Also, I would like to put up signs marking who has helped me lately in my projects. As far as I remember, the people are:

SOUTH ROAD (workers):
    - Me
    - JellyfishGreen
    - DigHappyPrimate
    SOUTH ROAD (donators):
    - Drose
    - ??? (I know 2 more people did help but can't remember who)

DELLY DEDICATION (donators):
    - Drose
    - TwinklinPixie
    - ??? (Again 2 more people but can't remember :( )

If you don't see your name here but did help, let me know!
    don't forget me :)

Obscure Node
    Okay, this is completely off topic but I still wanted to share. I keep glass boxes full of water as another hobby and a couple months ago I was scared to death by a rather large fish that I didn't know was still alive in the tank.

I've finally trained him to come out and I got a video of it:

So here you are, my own personal Loch Ness Monster.

Activated Node
    @jonbas Very cool, almost makes me want to get fish again.

Network Hub
    We'll see if we can get you (re)started with a squid today, rusty... ;)

Fantastic Jonbas :) Enjoyed looking at that :)

Network Hub
    Well, I was able to put 2 squids back in Dark's aquarium, but again I failed at Rusty's place (tried in the cube, in the pool on the floor above, and outside like last night). I went out into the icy waters next to re2's worldtree and was able to spawn a squid, so I don't understand what it is about your place Rusty. :-/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Well, I was able to put 2 squids back in Dark's aquarium, but again I failed at Rusty's place (tried in the cube, in the pool on the floor above, and outside like last night). I went out into the icy waters next to re2's worldtree and was able to spawn a squid, so I don't understand what it is about your place Rusty. :-/
    I guess my house is just special :) Maby i'll construct some sort of temporary ugly waterslide thingy and force one into the tank from a place where you can spawn them. What about using mob spawners? I think i read somewhere that you can make them spawn squid.