Page 78 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2346
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Wot zee bloody hell is going on at Colewich. I don't come on for a day and suddenly the area is isolated?
    What happened, an outbreak of rabies or something that necesitated quarantining the entire place?
    Anti-social Trouty!
    I have been chastising Trout over the last week or so about his security proceedures.

A few lectures here and there about the benefits of a wall and substantial, yet tasteful lighting seem to have paid off.

Basically I just got bored of shooting mobs that were attacking him as he was building so moaned at him ... ALOT.

Et Voila!

Awkward moment where I've not posted in this topic until now (I didn't even have an account).

Could someone approve my wiki account por favour?

Also, look how awesome my minecraft looks now I have a decent PC:

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    I have been chastising Trout over the last week or so about his security proceedures.

A few lectures here and there about the benefits of a wall and substantial, yet tasteful lighting seem to have paid off.

Basically I just got bored of shooting mobs that were attacking him as he was building so moaned at him ... ALOT.

Et Voila!
    Although I've just checked the map and it seems I may have nagged him a little bit too much as it seems poor Fennelz has become an indentured slave, alive solely for the purpose of building a substantial wall.

I was watching that wall go up on the dynamic map , they built it really fast. Winter is coming?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    I was watching that wall go up on the dynamic map , they built it really fast. Winter is coming?
    It is known!

Network Hub
    Andrew and Zanchito confirmed for wiki :)

Thank you, DRoseDARs!

Andrew, could you please post what mods and texture pack are you using? That's seriously beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Thank you, DRoseDARs!

Andrew, could you please post what mods and texture pack are you using? That's seriously beautiful!
    Optifine
    Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders Ultra
    Ovo's Rustic texturepack

Also, how come image uploading on the wiki is disabled? I wanted to go about improving the wiki. :(
    Last edited by AndrewTindall; 26-07-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Network Hub
    Off-topic: Quick (sorta rhetorical) question for our Brit uRPSians, particularly those in and around London: So, how y'all liking Mitt Romney and his little failboat Rainbow Tour? Lol what a jackass.

Thank you, I'll try those!

Looking into the future, in 1.3 servers will be able to send texture packs to clients. Will there be an official RPS texture pack?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Off-topic: Quick (sorta rhetorical) question for our Brit uRPSians, particularly those in and around London: So, how y'all liking Mitt Romney and his little failboat Rainbow Tour? Lol what a jackass.
    Well as a HoPo reader and Daily Show watcher I've been well aware of Mittington for awhile now.

I am pleasantly surprised for how everyone just went for him. Boris Johnson is basically a moronic prick but he get's a free pint from me whenever we meet for getting everyone shouting "Yes We Can" on TV.

The interesting thing is that most people don't really care what he said. We have thick skin. But people are more bemused by the fact that "this" is what the US consider acceptable to be a diplomat/statesman.

I think it's a bit much to say he was worse than Palin but then ... I wasn't there. I find it hard to believe but then Mitt has done the impossible. He united the Mail, Telegraph, Times and Guardian in outright LOLLING at him.

Those papers havn't agreed on anything in forever.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Thank you, I'll try those!

Looking into the future, in 1.3 servers will be able to send texture packs to clients. Will there be an official RPS texture pack?
    Highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    Well as a HoPo reader and Daily Show watcher I've been well aware of Mittington for awhile now.

I am pleasantly surprised for how everyone just went for him. Boris Johnson is basically a moronic prick but he get's a free pint from me whenever we meet for getting everyone shouting "Yes We Can" on TV.

The interesting thing is that most people don't really care what he said. We have thick skin. But people are more bemused by the fact that "this" is what the US consider acceptable to be a diplomat/statesman.

I think it's a bit much to say he was worse than Palin but then ... I wasn't there. I find it hard to believe but then Mitt has done the impossible. He united the Mail, Telegraph, Times and Guardian in outright LOLLING at him.

Those papers havn't agreed on anything in forever.
    Well, no, he isn't what we consider an acceptable representative of the United States. This is his opportunity to show voters he can handle hobnobbing with other world leaders and the like (rather than his usual 1% rich elite clique)... and he has already failed spectacularly. We the People didn't send him forth, he decided he wanted to go to the London Games and see his wife's stupid horse.

The man is flatly unelectable for President of the United States. Oh sure, he'll get a sizable vote because fuckheads vote for fuckheads, but really he'll never see the inside of the Oval Office.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'll just leave this here.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    D-d-d-doublepost!

The NW road is now 99% complete - the only thing left to do is a bridge just west of Santatowne (West Hub 3). Any budding bridgebuilders want to go and make something fancy?

(I also need to finish off my wooden monstrosity down near West Hub, but at least you don't have to go for a swim/skate to get past that bit!)

Network Hub
    Congrats and thanks, Danny. I'll try to sort out that last bridge this week along with the embassies I promised.
    Where is your wooden monstrosity then, I had a quick look but couldn't see anything obvious...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Between "umm" and West Hub (or straight up from Triptych on the dynamic map).

I definitely haven't relapsed and started on the SW road.
    Last edited by Danny252; 30-07-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Network Hub
    Oh that is a relief, or I'd have to warn you about makign the road go directly through the middle of a large claimed area by the slashernick boys. I'd recommend getting their permission first, or re-routing to pass to the south and west of that whole area.

But, luckily I won't have to :)

Damn, Prototype 2 and Orcs Must Die 2 came out. They are worse than creepers for building.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Hello. I've never done this sort of thing before in Minecraft. I checked out out the FAQ and the Wiki and whatnot, and I suppose I'll do some tourism next. Other than a small server I set up with some friends, I've only played Single Player. Is there anything I should know other than the server rules and the FAQ to get me started?

Thanks. :)
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Oh that is a relief, or I'd have to warn you about makign the road go directly through the middle of a large claimed area by the slashernick boys. I'd recommend getting their permission first, or re-routing to pass to the south and west of that whole area.

But, luckily I won't have to :)
    And I would have been a total fool if I'd done something silly like that!

Edit:
    Also, 1.3 patchnotes. Yay stuff! New shinies for all your pretty buildings include:
    Emerald ore + Emerald blocks
    Ender Chests
    Tripwires, plus strings can be used decoratively
    Logs can be placed horizontally
    Wood slabs+stairs for all types of wood
    Sandstone stairs
    Ceiling levers

Also, boats are meant to be less buggy, buckets and signs stack, dispensers seem to have some funky functions to do with boats/minecarts (will place them on water/rails) and buckets (slurp up liquids), plus apparently MP is meant to be "less buggy" (tm)
    Last edited by Danny252; 01-08-2012 at 03:36 PM.