Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2348
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I've done some work on Overlook Bay. It's one large change, but it's in three parts. By the dock, I've connected the path from the north side of the dock that went onto the brick ledge and made a staircase down nearby so you can now walk in a 'circle' from the top of Overlook Bay north or south for those sight-seers out there. At the same time, I built a 'service lift' in the middle of the brick wall straight of the dock. This is connected with the small path I extended. The service lift then carries on a path that cuts into the cliff via a tunnel before coming to another, much larger lift. This service lift takes you to the very middle of the public resources on top of Overlook by the portal hub. Aesthetically, this means if you actually were transferring goods from a boat to the top of the bay, you can now do so without navigating any steps. Practically, you can now go from the top to the bottom of the bay in a few seconds shorter than if you took the path heading south. Efficiency! It also means that if you're using the lift and someone is getting resources and not standing right by the chest, well...I'd like to think we'd only rarely take advantage of this possible mischief.

I want to take this opportunity to point out as well that Overlook has a considerable amount of real estate available for it. This doesn't just include the top part either, as there is some space on the lower levels on the outside of the bay. There's also some land to the south that should be available. I really want Overlook to be a public space and to feel like a busy spot, so if you're looking for a new location to start a project in, please consider Overlook.

Unrelated, I went to East Hub and decided to check out the WORLD'S LARGEST BALL OF TWINE. Excellent stuff. Well worth the significant trek! Also, just passed that I found the two rather large homages to Warhammer 40K. Definitely carry on to check these out if you were going to investigate the twine.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Just to point out that Overlook bay is the area around the North Hub in the new lands for those not familiar with the map. once Im done building my Evil lair in the mountains to the west I might build a small house in overlook would be a convenient stopping point for me between my different build areas.

Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    Awesome, so where have you decided to build? And what are you planning to build?
    Im building a fortress - I cant describe the location, but if ever were both on the server (I dont know your ingame name. Mines Chilton), ill show you :)

Incidentally, if im vanished for a while on the server, its because im working on conjuring a 1.3.2, because a relative seems to have updated the game while i wasnt here. Grr.
    EDIT: And said relative also backed up the bin folder. Disregard that. But ill leave this in for posterity
    Last edited by Tarcek; 25-10-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You can get your current coordinates off the F3 screen (x and z are the important ones, y is just height)
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

As I'm sure you're aware, Minecraft has updated to 1.4.2. As usual, we need to wait for Bukkit before the server can update, so keep a backup of your 1.3.2 minecraft.jar (or just don't update). There's a backup of the 1.3.2 jar here should you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarcek View Post
    Im building a fortress - I cant describe the location, but if ever were both on the server (I dont know your ingame name. Mines Chilton), ill show you :)

Incidentally, if im vanished for a while on the server, its because im working on conjuring a 1.3.2, because a relative seems to have updated the game while i wasnt here. Grr.
    EDIT: And said relative also backed up the bin folder. Disregard that. But ill leave this in for posterity

It's all good, I saw you on the live map earlier building it :D

Network Hub
    Hey Tarcek, I spotted your fortress. You may have noticed that there is fencing around the snowy biome - you inadvertantly built on Mammalia, so your biome is kinda annexed now :D Welcome to the server though, and I promise to finish the road soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Hey Tarcek, I spotted your fortress. You may have noticed that there is fencing around the snowy biome - you inadvertantly built on Mammalia, so your biome is kinda annexed now :D Welcome to the server though, and I promise to finish the road soon!
    Fencing? Where? I honestly dont have a clue what youre talking about, but id like to know.
    Someone stuck me on a boat, and told me to sail until i found land. I found land, so i built there. If someone else owns the land, i demand for everything ive built to be copied and pasted somewere that isnt :P

I do see the fence on the map. What does all this mean!

Activated Node
    Someone (me) put you in a boat at Lands Edge and waved goodbye as you sailed off south into the night.

I have no idea how you would have ended up near mammalia from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    Someone (me) put you in a boat at Lands Edge and waved goodbye as you sailed off south into the night.

I have no idea how you would have ended up near mammalia from there.
    This is why im confused. I mean, im nowere near it, as far as i can tell. Im near a road and a wooden fence though, i think. Ive yet to go look up close.
    Its also possible theres some confusion going on, though i think its more peculiar territories.

EDIT: It still stands that even if i have to abandon my fort and go build a utilitarian underground bunker somewere, i will, if thats what it takes to not be on someone elses land. *Insert appropriate emoticon*
    Last edited by Tarcek; 27-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarcek View Post
    This is why im confused. I mean, im nowere near it, as far as i can tell. Im near a road and a wooden fence though, i think. Ive yet to go look up close.
    Its also possible theres some confusion going on, though i think its more peculiar territories.

EDIT: It still stands that even if i have to abandon my fort and go build a utilitarian underground bunker somewere, i will, if thats what it takes to not be on someone elses land. *Insert appropriate emoticon*
    *IF* its the case, and its a bother to Gerbster, then it shouldnt be too hard for me, or another mod, to copy your build and re-locate you to another area.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Obscure Node
    Just a heads up that I may have karked up the stone generator at Colewich; I pulled a switch, water came out and turned the lava into stone, but the lava didn't replace itself (is it supposed to?). I just want to check in to see how to fix this before I go spraying magma all over the place.

I'll happily grab lava buckets and anything else needed, just tell me how/where first.

Patrick aka saberwriter
    -Puller of levers he really shouldn't

holla saber! no worries required, generator is still fully operational - it just looks like that when it's turned off sometimes - i also added you to the permissions for all the chests, so feel free to take as much stone/use it when you needs :)

Where Tarcek built is fine. He doesn't have to relocate. Official verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by El Stevo View Post
    Where Tarcek built is fine. He doesn't have to relocate. Official verdict.
    *Round of applause*

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.trout1 View Post
    holla saber! no worries required, generator is still fully operational - it just looks like that when it's turned off sometimes - i also added you to the permissions for all the chests, so feel free to take as much stone/use it when you needs :)
    That's a relief, glad I didn't bust up anything. And thank you for the permissions!

I need to get back to this and keep working on Gotham. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Network Hub
    Hey Tarcek, I was never going to make you relocate, and I don't have any hard feelings or anything so fear not :)
    The fence was more to make clear where I'd claimed. I can hardly blame you for building there when I had not made anything clear, and I haven't had time myself to work on anything. Feel free to join your place up to the road and sign-post as necessary, of course!

Are beacons (in the update) going to cause issues due to how bright they are? May need to restrict their use at times since they are visible from so far out, we wouldn't want the more populated areas to have beacon spam everywhere. I'm within 256 of spawn i think, so won't be using one either!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    256 blocks isn't -that- far away, is it (no idea what the default view distances are, mind)? They also seem to be pricey enough - maybe not for all us rich old bastards, but not every newbie with a wooden pick will be making them.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"