Page 19 of 116 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Anyone seen the pics of the new mobs?

They can move blocks. And now they're officially called 'Endermen', these tall all black figures with long arms and legs.

Oh, and did I mention they move blocks. THE END IS NIGH!

(Also, hope everything fun is going on. I'll come back after the BF3 Alpha, what with having a valley to finish off)
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    I saw that and my first thought was, "No. Just... no." I wonder what their rules will be; this could be bad for a builders' server like ours. Mobs can be disabled through plugins, but we are loathe to do it. Endermans might get to be the first if they misbehave sufficiently (I'm sure there'll be blocks they can't touch like Ghasts and cobblestone, but we'll see). Creepers are one thing and it's essentially the player's fault when they damage things, but mobs moving blocks on their own? Urg.

Activated Node
    As of 1.8...... there will be griefers that can't be banned...... *shudders*

Maybe Endermen are scared of light and won't go anywhere near it, let alone not spawn in? Certainly amps up the survival...and horror aspects though.

I feel there should've been a shades and YEAHHHHHH there Kirby!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Thing is, I leave several areas of mine dark for aesthetic reasons. I certainly don't want to come back and find them screwed.
    Every morning we'll have to go and check what the bastards moved while we were busy mining at night.

I feel Notch is not so much expanding minecraft as changing it. He's bored of the building thing, even though it's what made the game such a huge success. The adventure update already contains a list of things I think need to be veeeeeeery carefully done or they'll be massively detrimental to the game, and now a mob that likely fucks up scenery and buildings? Oh dear...

Anyway, even if it is bad to begin with, I'm sure he'll fix it within, say, a year or so.

Possibly.

Obscure Node
    There'll be a mod around much earlier to fix everything you want to be fixed. I read some comment saying that the mods will be the future of Minecraft and I agree. Notch&Team won't ever be able to meet all player demands, there's just too much potential in Minecraft. So they should make whatever game they want to make out of it - the community will find ways to remodel it to their tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by kagebe View Post
    There'll be a mod around much earlier to fix everything you want to be fixed. I read some comment saying that the mods will be the future of Minecraft and I agree. Notch&Team won't ever be able to meet all player demands, there's just too much potential in Minecraft. So they should make whatever game they want to make out of it - the community will find ways to remodel it to their tastes.
    The future? More like the present. Theres a LOAD of mods making the game playable, without any mods its actually just rather crappy in the end... So I'd say that mods make the game, in this case.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Also; Why is our currency not Jenniples? I demand my invention be implemented immediately!
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Network Hub
    Remember the different values though.

2 jenniples = 1 jennifer (or, 1 aniston?)
    how many jennifers/anistons = 1 Jolie? ;)

I don't think any amount of Anistons can meet a Jolie, and I'm not even a Jolie fan.