Page 101 of 115 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2290
    And also after Gerbster and myself's succesful venture to the nether it is available to mine too!

If you head to New Lands > South Hub > Quartz and then follow the path to the nether portal!

Thanks to Gerbster as I just went wandering to generate new chunks while he kept me from dying while building a pathway and a shelter for everyone.

Nether Quartz is required to build the new redstone comparators and daylight sensors!
    Last edited by purdz; 08-05-2013 at 03:08 PM.

So I spent about 15 mins in the Nether mining, went /spawn, went through the portal to Nova and it crashed the server. Everyone on was kicked and when we logged back on about the last 15 to 30 mins of server time had been erased. I not only lacked the things I had mined but was way back at my home base. Same for the others.

Purdz suggested it maybe because I wandered a long way in the Nether, generating new chunks before trying to leave and I kind of agree.

I have had the same error message and crash when I tried to leave the nether via /spawn to Nova before but 1) I was on the server alone and 2) The reset only put me back in the spawn pool, cutting off the last 30 secs as opposed to the last 30 mins.

Network Hub
    Well yesterday was dodgy as hell for everyone, not sure why but I reckon Ginger might have been doing something to the other bits hosted on the same box.

If you do go mining for Quartz, do NOT build portals in locations that would bring you back to the overworld outside the hard limits, or you are likely to die (you get teleported back to within the boundary but at the same height, so there's a high chance of suffocation).

Obscure Node
    So can we go wandering to find Nether Quartz as much as we like but so long as we don't build portals we should be fine?
    We briefly talked about buying Nether Quartz from the shop but I've established for my style of game play that's not feasible. If wandering for Nether Quartz is not recommended is there any other way to obtain rare materials that would normally be obtained legitimately? Glowstone is another tricky one for me as I've heard that it's mostly all been mined away in the Nether. I've seen a few random chunks but I know there might be a time when I need a load for a project etc.

Well, the shops is an easy solutions, but if thats not feasible for you... Thats hardly a solution. So perhaps we could strike a deal whenever you need something? - - I've stockpiles of lots of rare materials, and I'd probably be up for trading for stuff or favours, or something... Just an idea, anyway.
    But those are really the only options - Trading with the shops, wandering deep into the nether, or trading with fellow players. (Although I do know of a few untouched areas with a lot of glowstone... Atleast, untouched last I saw them.)
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

Server just crashed again, can't get on it. :(

Hoping that the time loss isn't too great as I was nearly done putting down my 704 doors. If it goes back 30 mins I may cry.

Obscure Node
    Curses. I went through a couple of portals and it died. I hope that wasn't my fault.

Just went onto minecraft with my mac for the first time in ages and it seems there is a movement bug, I'm guessing I'm in the minority of people who play this on their mac here but if anyone else does and has been having the keyboard freezing problems then here is the solution.

• Download LWJGL 2.8.4 from http://sourceforge.n...es/LWJGL 2.8.4/ (you want the file named lwjgl-2.8.4.zip)
    • Replace the existing ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin/jinput.jar with lwjgl-2.8.4/jar/jinput.jar
    • Don't replace any of lwjgl_util.jar, lwjgl.jar or anything in the natives folder!

Don't use 2.8.5 as there is a bug in the latest version.

Network Hub
    I've had that problem occasionally, luckily it hasn't caused me any accidental deaths or anything.
    Also I assume people know the server was offline for a fair while last night? Glad to see things are working now.

The Iron Golem Trench at Tri Peaks is up and running!

Public chest on the North side of the main structure, help yourself BUT if you do empty it out please spend some time AFK at the front of it to replenish the stocks. The little hut I've built either in the middle of the area or in front of the kill chamber by the main door are all mob safe areas so you can just stand there for as long as you like without any problems.

BE WARNED

it's still not 100% mob proof so please don't enter either of the buildings unless you have the admin powerzz to repair it!

It also takes 20-30 minutes to ramp up to full production and in the first 15 minutes or so you will not see any iron golems.

Be patient and AFK away from the structures and you will eventually find Golems spawning to their doom at a rough rate of 1 every 10.9 seconds (can be a lot more, can be less), 1300+ iron / hour.

It's self starting and self initiating so you don't need to do anything to start it up but if you do think something isn't working leave me a message and I can do a hard manual reset.

Enjoy
    Last edited by purdz; 13-05-2013 at 11:52 AM.

So just putting this out there, would anyone be interested if we set up a new areas where everyone built one thing and labeled it so we have a sort of a collection?

Network Hub
    RPS Nova is sooooorta like that (although I wish more people had put signs on their own works!).
    Do you have a location in mind? New Babel could very much do with some more tall buildings *hint hint*

If it happens it would be nice for it to happen around one of the hubs in the new lands.

New West Hub is probably the best candidate. North already has Overlook Bay, East is on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean, and South already has some stuff nearby.

Obscure Node
    can I please be gewhitelist

Quote Originally Posted by kay View Post
    can I please be gewhitelist
    Hi, Kay. Have you read the FAQ? What's your Minecraft name?

Obscure Node
    Server is down - will it be up anytime soon? I feel lost without it :(

:( :( :(

Sorry, chaps. I work until 11pm. It's back now.