Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2348
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    IMO if it could be done, everything east of Rich's pyramid gets relocated and then the terrain gets regenerated from there maybe including the area around the south hub all the way towards charleston, most of it is sea anyway. Again i'm not sure how much work that would be but the continent around the north hub and west hub all the way up to Lands End has definitely seen the most development and it would be a shame to lose it.
    Just deleting Rich's pyramid and letting it regenerate as new land itself would give as a few hundred new biomes ;)

Obscure Node
    Just to change topics a bit, are there any plans/events for the coming Halloween night/weekend? Say turning the sun off and have Zombies spawn everywhere? Just so I know if I need to have a night off ;-)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by saberwriter View Post
    Just to change topics a bit, are there any plans/events for the coming Halloween night/weekend? Say turning the sun off and have Zombies spawn everywhere? Just so I know if I need to have a night off ;-)
    Doubtful.

Elt is living his life at the moment and I suspect doesn't really have time for things like that.

Then again he may decide that this idea is the most wonderful thing in the whole world ever and cancel all his plans.

Work on the assumuption he won't thou.

But for you I could follow you around for an hour chucking zombies at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    Just deleting Rich's pyramid and letting it regenerate as new land itself would give as a few hundred new biomes ;)
    Very true! We'll see what happens, they aren't expecting the full 1.7 release until around November though so we got time.

Network Hub
    I think we can probably handle adding to the existing space, but it might mean cleaning up edges and what-not.
    The question is - if we were to extend, what would be the best direction?
    This time around I'm not really bothered - south before was best for me as I was on the border :)
    North would let us add in a square area, but for the same volume along the east or west borders we'd only get 2km (hah, only!). Problem is if we extended north, then the next time after we want to extend we are buggered because we'd have a long thin slab of map.

In other words, my preference would be east or west along the whole edge of the map.

And now I type it out, I reckon east might be better - because we can hope we get a think batch of land so the seas would actually end!

Hey there, ex-RPS Minecrafter here. Due to a recent PC cleanup effort I've stumbled across the Minecraft installer again and thought I should give the game another look. A few hours later I was gazing at the wonderfully pixeled sunrise from atop of my very own treehouse and instantly felt nostalgia and the urge to build structures setting in.

So. I just wanted to say "Hi" and ask if there is still room for an on-and-off visitor on the current map. Haven't logged in to the server for a long time, so I guess I'll get into contact with one of the admins as soon as I've downgraded to the server's current version.

Hope to see you soon, happy tinkering!

Activated Node
    If you have been on the server before, you will be where you left.

And you can continue on your digging way without having a discussion with anyone.

Welcome Back!

Cheers! I have one question though: I tried to downgrade my version of the game to 1.5.2 to be able to connect to the server. However it seems as if the game updates every single time I launch it and re-downloads the 1.6.2 version. Any ideas about how to prevent the auto-update from running?

Edit: Nevermind, just found this post (and read Wubble's note before that one) from a few pages back:

Quote Originally Posted by mr.trout1 View Post
    a minor addendum to Wubble's post - you can toggle the minecraft versions from within the 'edit profile' section inside the new launcher thingi - so, if you just update stuff compulsively like myself, you can still play on the urps server, involves minor amounts of faffing about however
    Last edited by Squiz; 12-09-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wubble69 View Post
    Doubtful.

Elt is living his life at the moment and I suspect doesn't really have time for things like that.

Then again he may decide that this idea is the most wonderful thing in the whole world ever and cancel all his plans.

Work on the assumuption he won't thou.

But for you I could follow you around for an hour chucking zombies at you.
    Just a thought, nothing more. And I'm busy enough shooing creepers and spiders out of my new attempt at construction near the desert temple.

Obscure Node
    Hi guys,

I hope everything is going well with the server! Just a little message (as I havent asked in absolutely ages :) ) for any donations towards the server costs. Absolutely no pressure to donate anything, the server happily just runs on one of my boxes that I rent. If you do want to donate anything you can use paypal and donate to donate@urps-minecraft.co.uk

Cheers,

GingerBeast

Network Hub
    Hey ginger, any sign of Mr Elt?

Even more problems. Moving up to 1.7 breaks all pre 1.6.3 structures like nether fortresses, villages etc. To combat this you have to update from 1.6 to 1.6.3-4 and then rediscover all of your map by loading the chunks as in physically walk around the whole map and the nether (or at least the bits with different mob spawning rules like fortresses) loading every chunk and then once you've loaded every chunk again then you can update to 1.7 and the game will remember where your structures are.

:/

mind if I sticky this?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Oh yeah, please do :)
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Network Hub
    Server crashed again.
    My 'fault' this time - I was showing a friend around (is called dowit - please whitelist later if you see him on and I'm not around).

So what happened?
    He logs on. I go through fixed portal at spawn to RPS Nova. Boom. Server dies, but restarts.
    We log back on, and this time I try going through a not-always-on portal (to club red I think, I still wanted to show him RPS Nova). Server dies and doesn't come back up.

:(

The only solution is a server wide train network! :D

Network Hub
    Maybe it is time to reinstate the daily or twice daily restart? Would automate things and not have some of us crying when we can't get our fix :)

Long time no see guys! Just seeing if there's a link anywhere for v1.5.2? I've just downloaded the latest version (1.6.4).

I found that getting the latest version included a launcher. It added the idea of profiles, allowing you to create a profile that ran 1.5.2, which it would then download on demand for you.

Rob

Network Hub
    Heya Twinklin, hope to see you back here soon :)