Page 36 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerian View Post
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
    ^ This ^
    (Seems relevant for both the modules and the ugh... Creeper situation. Hope you'll survive it though! (Again, surviving both the modules aswell as the creepers. Eh.)

Well, if you get a new motherboard / mainboard, then you could in theory, just get a new case aswell and build your new PC that way - Ofcourse the motherboard'd have to be compatible with both cases, but I doubt that'd be much of an issue... But then again, just sayin'. - Hope we'll see you around soon though - Good luck with it x]
    Why would I buy a new case? This one is big enough. And I won't buy a super cool new mainboard, I'm just buying an used AM2+ socket board from eBay so that I can get my old PC running again. When I'll be building my new PC, it's going to be super ace.

This is what I plan to buy:

Coolermaster 690 II Midi Lite Case
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Z68 LGA 1155 Mainboard
    Intel Core i5 2500k CPU (I will overlock it to 4.0 GHz)
    8 GB of DDR3 RAM
    60 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD
    1 GB Gainward GTX 560 Ti (The 570 is too expensive...)
    And a 700W power supply

(And a heap of cooler fans, too. Even though Sandy Bridge CPUs tend to keep cool anyway.)

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Activated Node Mollusc Infestation's Avatar
    Envy! My Core 2 Duo is really starting to show its age.
    Steam: Android Surgeon-General Kraken
    Minecraft: Octopoda

I know the feeling, my old PC with the broken mainboard has an AMD Athlon 64 X2. It's slowing down the whole system, but the now broken mainboard didnt fit anything better.

Anyways, it's going to take some time until I can get all the parts for my new PC, probably until February next year. I'm planning to buy it part by part, starting with the case and the mainboard...

P.S.:
    My sister came back from a school trip and I can use her laptop from time to time now, it's crappy though. I stole it when she fell asleep, that's why I'm still posting. ;)

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    I know the feeling, my old PC with the broken mainboard has an AMD Athlon 64 X2. It's slowing down the whole system, but the now broken mainboard didnt fit anything better.

Anyways, it's going to take some time until I can get all the parts for my new PC, probably until February next year. I'm planning to buy it part by part, starting with the case and the mainboard...

P.S.:
    My sister came back from a school trip and I can use her laptop from time to time now, it's crappy though. I stole it when she fell asleep, that's why I'm still posting. ;)
    Thats... Nice. xD
    You're a great brother, I say.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

There's currently a problem with Minecraft.net preventing anyone from connecting to any servers.

Edit: Working now
    Last edited by El Stevo; 05-10-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Network Hub
    I've never been a fan of Apple, but very saddened to hear Steve Jobs has passed. :(

Network Hub
    Poor timing as it came just after the iphone 4s which as far as i can tell disappointed completely everyone. Maybe a connection there? One of the guys who studied with me at uni around... 16 years ago was apple mad and bought as many shares as he could. I assume the jammy git made a fortune...

Network Hub
    Does anyone else here use or know about macs? I have a crappy mac mini and I want to try recording vids of me showing off bits of Mammalia. I have a program called screeny and the vids it produces are OK (all things considered!), but... it overlays its own cursor into the file, which of course means MC has it stuck in the middle of the bloody screen.

Am wondering if there are any free alternatives that work OK, and don't do silly things like that? This is for youtube, so miracles aren't needed, just a clean experience.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Does anyone else here use or know about macs? I have a crappy mac mini and I want to try recording vids of me showing off bits of Mammalia. I have a program called screeny and the vids it produces are OK (all things considered!), but... it overlays its own cursor into the file, which of course means MC has it stuck in the middle of the bloody screen.

Am wondering if there are any free alternatives that work OK, and don't do silly things like that? This is for youtube, so miracles aren't needed, just a clean experience.
    http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox

This program has been the standard since the days of OS9, but its hardly free. There is a trial though.

Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    I've never been a fan of Apple, but very saddened to hear Steve Jobs has passed. :(
    I've been a part time mac user since age 3. More than anyone else, Steve was responsible for my love of computers. It's interesting how he passed the day after tim took the stage for the first time, I think he hung on just long enough to be sure that his company was in good hands.

Holy crap. I always assumed he was joking, but he just tweeted this.

Network Hub
    So let's see - dragons. Hmm....
    Why do I get the feeling they are going to blow fire at anything and everything, torching all your worlds.
    Notch seems to dislike the notion of people 'just building'. It started with creepers (iconic, destructive, but you can work around them), followed by Endermen (insanely stupid), then new creative mode (don't wanna fight all the time? GTFO), and dragons.

If dragons aren't dangerous and destructive, what is the point of having them?
    But then... the first time they raze a structure to the ground, all hell will break loose.

I am genuinely confused by the direction Notch wants to take the game - it is contrary to what made it popular.

Still, mods will be able to change it I am sure (fire breathing only hurts living things) if it turns out as silly as it might (or worse!).

Activated Node Mollusc Infestation's Avatar
    It's lovely to see new stuff in minecraft. It gives the modders some new things to muck about with. Same reason that i'm excited to see a new Elder Scrolls game.
    Steam: Android Surgeon-General Kraken
    Minecraft: Octopoda

Well, fire can't destroy any blocks on our server. I did want to reenable it, but the unsafe building practices that are rife on the server would mean that half the buildings would burn down.

Network Hub
    Anyone capable of and care to make a latest 2D map of the server, pretty please?
    If I could, I'd pull that sweet face the cat does from Shrek...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I disagree Gerb. The game was always using building blocks to develop different aspects. The building part was nailed down first and obviously the adventure stuff now, but that doesn't mean you have to do both. That's part of the genius of Minecraft; it truly is open world in the sense that you can do a metric swear-ton of stuff and get your enjoyment out of only doing one particular thing.

That being said, hell yeah I want to build a castle and defend it from a dragon attack!! Colour me extremely excited.