Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 2348
  1. #881
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    439
    Was really bored and noticed a few game threads here slightly altered the normal RPS name for their own purposes, so wondered if we should do the same. Was thinking Rock Paper Shovel - seems minecrafty, right? Right? *digital tumbleweed blows past*

  2. #882
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,645
    Rock Paper Tssssss?

    I like the Shovel idea though.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  3. #883
    Network Hub Comrade Commissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    347
    Rock Paper Pickaxe anyone?
    Doesn't have to start with an "S", you know? ;)

    The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

  4. #884
    Network Hub J.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Rock Paper Pickaxe anyone?
    Doesn't have to start with an "S", you know? ;)
    Yes, yes it does.

  5. #885
    Network Hub El Stevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, United Kingdom
    Posts
    227
    Cock Paper Shotgun!

    Am I doing it right?

  6. #886
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,645
    Rock, Paper, Creeper?
    Rock, Paper, Stone?
    Rock, Pickaxe, Stone?
    Rock, Paper, Diamonds!
    Rock, Paper, Giant Gold Dick?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  7. #887
    Network Hub Xerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Rock Paper Pickaxe anyone?
    Doesn't have to start with an "S", you know? ;)
    Actually; As per with the actual, spirit of RPS, it does. (All the official ones start S, anyway. But we're unofficial. But meh, RPS is RPS!)
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

    Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

    Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

  8. #888
    Network Hub Xerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Rock, Paper, Creeper?
    Rock, Paper, Stone?
    Rock, Pickaxe, Stone?
    Rock, Paper, Diamonds!
    Rock, Paper, Giant Gold Dick?
    Rock Paper Dicktower.
    Rock Paper Dirthut?
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

    Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

    Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

  9. #889
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    192
    Xerian is correct, in keeping with the spirit of the pun it ought to stay with the initials RPS ...because shut up, that's why. :D
    *I'm joking, I'm joking, but seriously we ought to keep the same letters; lowercase "u" for "unofficial" shall remain in front. Also, see if you can keep the cadence as well: First word has 1 syllable, and the other two have 2 each.

    Not all-inclusive, just running through the item ID list on the wiki:
    Rose (and not because it's in my name :P ), rock (technically already use), redstone, rail, paper (technically already use), piston, pig/pigman/pigmen, painting (zzz), pickaxe, potion (perhaps after such time as we can update to either b1.9/b1.10 or the fully released game), pumpkin/plumpkin (I call them plumpkins because I like big gourds and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny...), portal (no, separate game), porkchop (yes), squid/seapig (if the chickens are ducks, then Ima keep calling them squids seapigs), sapling, stone, sand/sandstone, slab (meh), sponge (heh), slime/slimeball, silverfish, sugar (zzz), sword, saddle, shovel, spider (not cave spider since it starts with C), shears, string (zzz), stick (zzz), soulsand, snow/snowball, seeds (zzz), stairs (zzz)

    Edit: Huh, seems I've advanced to "Network Hub" in the forum. Yay post count, didn't even really notice 'till now. XD

  10. #890
    Network Hub Xerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    Xerian is correct, in keeping with the spirit of the pun it ought to stay with the initials RPS ...because shut up, that's why. :D
    *I'm joking, I'm joking, but seriously we ought to keep the same letters; lowercase "u" for "unofficial" shall remain in front. Also, see if you can keep the cadence as well: First word has 1 syllable, and the other two have 2 each.

    Not all-inclusive, just running through the item ID list on the wiki:
    Rose (and not because it's in my name :P ), rock (technically already use), redstone, rail, paper (technically already use), piston, pig/pigman/pigmen, painting (zzz), pickaxe, potion (perhaps after such time as we can update to either b1.9/b1.10 or the fully released game), pumpkin/plumpkin (I call them plumpkins because I like big gourds and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny...), portal (no, separate game), porkchop (yes), squid/seapig (if the chickens are ducks, then Ima keep calling them squids seapigs), sapling, stone, sand/sandstone, slab (meh), sponge (heh), slime/slimeball, silverfish, sugar (zzz), sword, saddle, shovel, spider (not cave spider since it starts with C), shears, string (zzz), stick (zzz), soulsand, snow/snowball, seeds (zzz), stairs (zzz)

    Edit: Huh, seems I've advanced to "Network Hub" in the forum. Yay post count, didn't even really notice 'till now. XD
    Redstone Piston... Slime!... Sugar? Stick? Eh.
    ... Rock pickaxe saddle?
    Ah shiet, I'm terrible at this.

    EDIT: Congrats on the new rank! I've only posted on this thread and robs one, so my count isnt exactly sky-high ;P
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

    Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

    Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

  11. #891
    Activated Node Mollusc Infestation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    30
    How about Rough Creeper Shakedown? I know that doesn't start with the right letters, but shut up.
    Steam: Android Surgeon-General Kraken
    Minecraft: Octopoda

  12. #892
    Activated Node DHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42
    How about...

    Rock Paper Spelunking?

  13. #893
    Network Hub J.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by DHP View Post
    How about...

    Rock Paper Spelunking?
    That's pretty good. Also I quite like Rock, Porkchop, Shovel.

  14. #894
    Ummm Redstone, Pickaxe, Shovel :)

  15. #895
    Network Hub Comrade Commissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    347
    Youre doing it wrong. :(

    You only exchange ONE word from the original Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
    Otherwise it's not cool.

    Just a few example for RPS game groups I am in:

    Robe, Pape, Shotgun (Magicka)
    Rock, Paper, Stalingrad! (Red Orchestra 2)
    Rock, Paper, Synapse (Frozen Synapse)
    Rock, Paper, Stop! Police! (APB Reloaded)

    But really, we have been trying to come up with something like this for the RPS GTA group, too. It's really hard to find a fitting word if it isn't obvious and we shouldn't force it if it sounds dull.

    The ARMA guys for example didn't do it, either. They just go with ARPS Hero Squad.

    The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

  16. #896
    ok ok :)

    Then...
    Rock, Paper, Smoothstone
    Rock, Paper, Spade
    Redstone, Paper, Shotgun
    Rock, Pickaxe, Shotgun

  17. #897
    Network Hub Comrade Commissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    347
    Noob adventures part 5 was released, by the way.


    The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

  18. #898
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Noob adventures part 5 was released, by the way.
    I've been really enjoying that series. I think its almost time for part 6.


    Edit: Map has been updated.
    http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web
    Last edited by rustyshakelford2; 05-11-2011 at 10:30 PM.

  19. #899
    Network Hub Xerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Youre doing it wrong. :(

    You only exchange ONE word from the original Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
    Otherwise it's not cool.

    Just a few example for RPS game groups I am in:

    Robe, Pape, Shotgun (Magicka)
    Rock, Paper, Stalingrad! (Red Orchestra 2)
    Rock, Paper, Synapse (Frozen Synapse)
    Rock, Paper, Stop! Police! (APB Reloaded)

    But really, we have been trying to come up with something like this for the RPS GTA group, too. It's really hard to find a fitting word if it isn't obvious and we shouldn't force it if it sounds dull.

    The ARMA guys for example didn't do it, either. They just go with ARPS Hero Squad.
    Its not -actually- called Rock Paper Stalingrad... Yet, anyway. ;>...Muahaha... Muahaha... MUAHAHAHAHAH
    -Yeah, I'm bored.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford2 View Post
    I've been really enjoying that series. I think its almost time for part 6.


    Edit: Map has been updated.
    http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web
    Yaysers. Thank'ye ;)
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

    Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

    Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

  20. #900
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    93
    For anyone who wasn't on the server last night, we came up with the idea to make a museum of the 7 deadly sins in the nether. Its coming along nicely, but I can't think of what to do for pride and wrath. Ideas would be appreciated. You can see what i've done so far by going through the nether portal at rps nova and then taking a right. Also, is our IRC plugin working? I can't find the server info to check.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •