Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2333
    Network Hub
    *pop*

So, it appears the Void Fog is being removed for 1.8... 'bout damn time!

*pop*

Network Hub
    What finally led to that decision Drose, any idea?

Network Hub
    The Great Mammalia-West Hub road is now in the planning stage.
    It will pass by South Hill, Bermuda, PixieGarden and various other (but unnamed) locations.

A 1 month consultation period is now open for complaints or suggestions about the route (which is already laid out in torches, and joins the Ring Road south of West Hub at the first major North/East bend in that road).

Network Hub
    1.8 actually looks quite interesting:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/5...-available-now

In particular:

- All the new blocks naturally
    - Doors and fences now come in all wood type variants - HELL YES WELL OVERDUE
    - Banners and armor stands look quite useful, more interior detailing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    "Added Prismarine and Sea Lantern blocks"

About time.

"Enchanting has been redone, now costs lapis lazuli in addition to enchantment levels"

I guess lapis isn't used in much else :(
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Hello people of Minecraftia!

I have been working on a project for the last week or so that is completed. I would not usually comment on such a meagre accomplishment if it weren't for the fact that it has a narrative attached to it. If you'd like to find out what the high mages of Oceania have been up to, head to New Lands South and in portal 1, take the Enclave. Follow the numbered signs for a complete narrative. Be warned, parts of the main location are liable to cause death, so be wary of equipment. I've provided an ender chest and 2 public chests at the Enclave if you're travelling there equipped. The story should take somewhere in the region of 10 minutes to complete and looks to explain why Oceania is how it is (and not being lazy and saying it's due to the random generator of the game).

If you search it out, I do hope you enjoy!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Hello people of Minecraftia!If you search it out, I do hope you enjoy!
    Nice Oil rig :)

Activated Node
    Hello everyone,
    so i'm kind of back on the server nowadays... still trying to bring that 'thing' into its accomplished existence. will be nice to see you all online !

i'm also here to state i'm sorry, i broke something..; it's in the newbie guide area, the map in the frame, well... i just broke it, yeah, thought it would be unbreakable or something, apparently not... :/

Activated Node
    hah, silly me. The map was in my inventory... i can't place it back however. I placed it in the public chest of the spawn area, hopping it's safe here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Network Hub
    Mammalia has grown yet again, as other lands see the benefits of being united in peace, harmony and mutual trade!
    It now extends even further west, from the new Mareston (land of the finest horses on the map - visit JG's stables there and blag some!), extending south over the main land mass to just south of the old lands / oceania divide. There is currently a very poor footpath around this new area (once the Mammalia - West Hub route is finished, Mammalia will begin work on an epic road around the boundaries of the entire continent!).

Visit us and enjoy (south hub old lands to Mammalia, then the local Mammalian network around. Please leave a visitor sign on the Shrewbil arch!).

Come on down to Honest JG's Old Fashioned Horse Stables! We've got all the horses you need for all yer needs! That name again is Honest JG's Old Fashioned Horse Stables! Honest JG; if we say it's good, you can believe it! YEEHAW!

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Come on down to Honest JG's Old Fashioned Horse Stables! We've got all the horses you need for all yer needs! That name again is Honest JG's Old Fashioned Horse Stables! Honest JG; if we say it's good, you can believe it! YEEHAW!
    Oh fuck, yes. Horses. Forgot those were added.

I hereby decree that my loyal manservant, Joel the Git-man, longside my arch-nemesis and lover, Gerbster, shall aid me in acquiring knowledge of alterations to this blocky realm of ours.

-Someone whom really doesn't recall their in-game handle.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    1.8 actually looks quite interesting:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/5...-available-now

In particular:

- All the new blocks naturally
    - Doors and fences now come in all wood type variants - HELL YES WELL OVERDUE
    - Banners and armor stands look quite useful, more interior detailing.
    thanks, imma try this

Network Hub
    Righto git face Xerian - as I said take a look at where I can join a road up to your villages. It currently goes up past the entrance road to Bermuda, and will have a little offshoot towards Baby E2T. So I just need a valley / gate pointed out to me where I can extend the road. And get your bloody places on the hub networks too, or at least map markers :)

I took a look at the road. It's close enough as-is! I don't want no roads getting in my place now that I'm finally back and doing... Things.

Seriously though, I can make a path to it myself if you'd like, the gate I've been pondering wont be there for quite a while, if ever.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Network Hub
    No prob, but really what is your fear of joining your villages up to the rest of the world? :P
    Build the road yourself by all means, let me do the bit to Baby E2T in the next few days and I'll leave the rest to you. But do build the gate, even if it closed - you can't live in isolation, the (MC) world has moved on a bit since you were last around :D

Although if you are really not a fan of it, don't worry it isn't an obligation. I don't wanna scare you off when you might just be on the verge of returning. But get rid of the 'graffiti' in your village - it does kinda ruin the ambience!

Network Hub
    So apparently Microsoft is in talks to buy Mojang to the tune of $2 billion USD. Not going to bother posting a link because it's fucking everywhere.

No. No, no, no. Fucking hell no. They are certainly well-within their rights to determining their own future, but Mojang don't you dare. I'd say this is almost as bad as saying it was EA Games, but we all know that'd be so much fucking worse. This makes me so fucking angry and explains so fucking much. We are *never* going to see that API developed properly, now it makes sense why that one guy left Bukkit suddenly, and we'll be lucky if Forge will even be allowed by Microsoft to exist should this deal go through.

Obscure Node
    Considering it's not just a rumor, you have another way to look at the situation. Imagine what Markus and his team could develop with 2 billion USD, also imagine how many hats he could buy!

*Edit: Another thread about it here http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...-Mojang-for-2B
    Last edited by Jaman42; 10-09-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Added link

Activated Node
    :/... so much bad news this evening, as i read this thread... Mojang to be acquired by some random IT company, Xerian on the verge of coming back on this otherwise peaceful server... And now my horse is missing !

that been said, apparently Notch already turned down the crosoft offer and i don't want to seem to imply any link between the previous two assertions
    Last edited by vivlo; 11-09-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Pachter, Reuters, Wallstreet Journal... Fuck. It's legit. $2.5b for a game that a competent developer could mimic and recreate, only better, in months. And that's not even hyperbole! But fuck me, if they do indeed sell it could easily mean the end of Minecrafts future outside of the Xbox. Fuck me, they can very well spend 2.5b on a single game, but not on making a better console. SMH.

Either way, I'll still come back to ze server, fuck Microsoft. They can't remove what we already have, so atleast there's that. Now if only they'd not messed up and had actually finished the API on-schedule, we wouldn't *at all* be worried about an acquisition, afterall, we'd have our API-SDK-Whatever to suit our "update" needs.
    Balls.

Also, I'm going to make a public stargatey thing to... My place quite soon. Already scouted a location for it! I just need to remember what my fucking place is called.
    Oscar Wilde