Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Aye - and I'm left somewhere so dangerous :(

Network Hub
    Since Elt is trying to get the restart wrapper to behave, I'll not touch anything for the time being. Already restarted once when I didn't need to. Sorry Gerb. :(

Minecraft.net down again. Bloody hackers.

Network Hub
    I just had to go grab my dinner plate. Minecraft.net went down again.

Network Hub
    No worries Drose, its only a minor inconvenience. More important is the server stability.
    Which means I feel for you guys right now, trying to sort something difficult, only to have MC.net go down. FFS.

In better news, the server should now be restarting at 30 minutes past every hour. I'm off to bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbster View Post
    Which means I feel for you guys right now, trying to sort something difficult, only to have MC.net go down. FFS.
    It's not actually that much of a problem, because I have access to the server from SSH.

Network Hub
    We'll keep an eye on things (whenever we can get back on) and let you know elt. Have a good night. :)

Scratch that, it's not working. I'll sort it out tomorrow.

Activated Node
    Looks like the server just went down again. Such a shame, i was right in the middle of beautifying netherspawn. Best of luck with all of this to you, eltagno.

Weed: I like the idea of a new spawn area. Maby something a bit more welcoming and helpful to the newcomers than the creeper-torn glass hut.

Edit: After about 5 min its back up again. Maby it was just a really bad lag spike or something.

Just an information going out to everyone:
    Minecraft.net is currently overloaded and you have to be really lucky to be able to connect to it.
    I had to wait 2 hours before I could finally log in... Just to crash my PC afterwards and not being able to log on again.

Network Hub
    Just saw the piston video, and from being apathetic about it, I'm now eagerly awaiting it :)
    I'm also going to try to come up with a proper gate map after Senor El Tagno gave me the gate file with all their locations.

Network Hub
    OK I've got all the gate networks. If for any reason you guys don't want your networks to show on the map, give me the network name (and ideally a reason) here.

Network Hub
    OK here's the first draft of the map: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...5u55e9&thumb=6

Hope you guys find it useful :)

Things I intend to update:
    - Text being able to be in different locations relative to the gate, to minimise text overlap
    - Gates being drawn from top to bottom so if overlaps occur, you'll likely just lose the network name instead of the game name
    - Bigger white circle border - in the fully zoomed out map I now realise you can't actually spot gates particularly easy
    - Different coloured info - a colour per network to enable finding linked gates quicker

Sadly I can't make the tool automatic due to limitations within the program I'm using (eg cant' export images over 4000x4000 pixels so I need to stitch by hand, and will manually set the text orientation to avoid gate overlap), but I'll happily update it every now and then - likely whenever a new map comes out - HINT HINT*

* In case that was too subtle, I'd love a new map ;)

Activated Node
    Looks like the most recent backup is from 6/11. I'm downloading that now and should have a map ready in the next hour or 2. Nice job on the gate map. When the backups become downloadable again i think we should try to keep more up to date with the maps.... I guess i just volunteered.
    Last edited by rustyshakelford2; 16-06-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Network Hub
    What program will you be using? I started making our maps with Cartographer until the map got too big, then Alpha Vespucci until the map got too big, then Pixel Map for a long while ... until it had some error that wouldn't let me render (size shouldn't have been an issue).

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DRoseDARs View Post
    What program will you be using? I started making our maps with Cartographer until the map got too big, then Alpha Vespucci until the map got too big, then Pixel Map for a long while ... until it had some error that wouldn't let me render (size shouldn't have been an issue).
    I just did a successful render with Pixel map, which is uploading now. I made an isometric map with mcmap, but the final result was a 346mb png file that completely chokes anything I try to convert it with.

Network Hub
    I'd been using Gimp to convert the png flat maps into gifs. Isometrics are interesting but they aren't very practical and as you see, rather huge file size, hence me always making flats.

Network Hub
    Is there any reason that WallCnst on the East network is actually slightly west of spawn? :) (Its just to the east of Breasthaven)

Just spotted another - B & L is on the south hub, but is in the north east of the map - by Mt Alopex.

'Far West' seems to be an inappropriate name for R0nd's gate too, since its in the far east!

Will keep hunting for stuff like this, I do think it should be better organised, but at the least it amuses me while the server is down :(

Also had another idea for my gate mapper - I could use the vertical bars by the text to mark the depth of the gate too, or at least possibly include the height value in the text data somehow. It might be useful to know if a given gate is in the sky or deep underground.
    Last edited by Gerbster; 16-06-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Activated Node
    New Maps for 06/11/11

Flat Map: http://db.tt/4yjLNfO

3D Map: http://db.tt/t84gzHI (North is at the top left)